76

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Maybe he borrows Moneypenny's phone...

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
"- That is something to be afraid of."

77

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

welshboy78 wrote:

So if he is using the phone in SPECTRE what was all the fuss about him turning down millions in the Sony leaked emails (or was that to do with him personally endorsing it??)

Actually I am not sure if that story was ever true. I never saw the actual e-mail and it makes no sense really if you think about it - Sony may be paying the producers in order to promote their hardware troughtout the movie but paying an actor for holding it in hand on the screen makes no sense - it's not Craig's decision what Bond's next phone will be after all, is it? He might have suggested to go with Samsung, but since Sony actually owns the franchise (hence Bond movies were usally big SONY adverts) it's almost impossible that Bond will ever use a phone made by a diferent company, as long as Sony owns the rights to 007. I was actually happy for many years that Bond was using Sony Ericssons because they were pretty damn good cell phones, it's the recent years that started worrying me and I'm not sure if buying the XPERIA Z5 will be equal to buying a portable radiator  ajb007/rolleyes

78

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

What's wrong exactly with their recent phones? I switched to Experia once they released a water resistant model, and would never again buy a phone that is not water/dust resistant. Waiting for a scratch/shatterproof screen now!

79

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

MrZareba wrote:

Sony may be paying the producers in order to promote their hardware troughtout the movie but paying an actor for holding it in hand on the screen makes no sense - it's not Craig's decision what Bond's next phone will be after all, is it?

Yeah exactly my thoughts hence the confusion

Instagram - bondclothes007

80

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

welshboy78 wrote:
MrZareba wrote:

Sony may be paying the producers in order to promote their hardware troughtout the movie but paying an actor for holding it in hand on the screen makes no sense - it's not Craig's decision what Bond's next phone will be after all, is it?

Yeah exactly my thoughts hence the confusion

I thought the those leaked emails suggested Dc didn't want much to do with the promotion of the product, and associated fees, and now we see Moneypenny leading the PR for the phones, which supports that notion - the store POS all seems to have moneypenny, where all previous phones have featured DC in the promo material

81

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Tennyson wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:
MrZareba wrote:

Sony may be paying the producers in order to promote their hardware troughtout the movie but paying an actor for holding it in hand on the screen makes no sense - it's not Craig's decision what Bond's next phone will be after all, is it?

Yeah exactly my thoughts hence the confusion

I thought the those leaked emails suggested Dc didn't want much to do with the promotion of the product, and associated fees, and now we see Moneypenny leading the PR for the phones, which supports that notion - the store POS all seems to have moneypenny, where all previous phones have featured DC in the promo material

Now this makes somehow sense!  ajb007/martini And I don't blame Craig, seriously... What's wrong with XPERIAs someone asked - they're incredibly expensive (Z5 Premium well over 1000$) and absolutely not worth that price - they're overheating almost constantly if you do a lot on them besides texting and making calls and what's worse - Sony is actually advising not to use them underwater anymore.  ajb007/rolleyes

82

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

http://phandroid.com/2015/09/14/sony-xp … dafone-uk/

Looks like we getting a Bond special edition version of the Z5 here in the UK.

83

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

You mean this one?
http://s15.postimg.cc/tsjxd4ezb/image.jpg

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

84

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

The Mantis wrote:

You mean this one?
http://s15.postimg.cc/tsjxd4ezb/image.jpg

You already have a dummy? ajb007/biggrin That was fast!

The limited edition XPERIA Z5 will be looking just like the regular black one. Nothing special, a special edition will be available probably in every country as Sony Mobile confirmed there will be one in Poland sold via Orange. However I would wait with buying one - the XPERIA T used by Bond in Skyfall was silver, not black like it was advertised (actually it was even a TX basing on the cuts on the back housing but that had to be a prototype since the TX was never unfortunately sold in silver) so there is a very big chance Bond's phone in the movie will be also in a different colour.

85

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Just ordered mine via 02 refresh here in the UK, should be arriving before 10.30am saturday morning so will be sure to let you know my thoughts on it...

86

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

The Mantis wrote:

You mean this one?
http://s15.postimg.cc/tsjxd4ezb/image.jpg


Damn! You're all Bond out!!

"Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."

87

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

While I'm in the market for a new phone, I am thankfully unswayed by Bond product placement as far as cell phones go. For things like clothing...no comment.  ajb007/tongue

I'm looking forward to the release of the Blackberry Priv, actually. Previous models of the Sony Xperia got some initial interest from me, but there was always something that prevented me from wanting one once they eventually made it to the US.

88

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Saw this on IG - Z5 Compact
http://s9.postimg.cc/shh9pn28r/image.jpg

Yes i did ride the CAT

89

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

I ordered my Z5 Bond Edition From Vodafone UK by asking a friend which lives in the UK with an extra 20 Pounds for unlocking it, Can't wait for her to bring it to Iran in June, This waiting is gonna be painful! ajb007/frown

Life is Bond...
                    James  Bond

90

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

So now that the movie's been released - do we have confirmation of the on-screen appearance and use?

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."

91

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Bond uses a phone for a split second to call Moneypenny but I couldn't even tell for sure it was the Z5 Craig used. It was too quick.

92

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Wonderue wrote:

Bond uses a phone for a split second to call Moneypenny but I couldn't even tell for sure it was the Z5 Craig used. It was too quick.

So the XPERIA placement is even shorter than in "Skyfall"? ajb007/biggrin

93

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Yep, you just see the call screen when he's talking to Moneypenny so there's no new wallpaper for us to try and copy  ajb007/crap

94

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Martin Aston wrote:

Yep, you just see the call screen when he's talking to Moneypenny so there's no new wallpaper for us to try and copy  ajb007/crap

Well - that's always something - at least our imagination can go wild here! I had this funny thought of Bond taking a picture of the DB10 and setting it as a wallpaper for the phone - that would be funny as hell XD

95

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Damn. No new ringtone? I got tired from "Doctor's Phone" from CR and QoS. Can someone suggest some ringtones Bond would use?

Life is Bond...
                    James  Bond

96

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Daniel Wroughton Craig wrote:

Damn. No new ringtone? I got tired from "Doctor's Phone" from CR and QoS. Can someone suggest some ringtones Bond would use?

He would probably keep using the same one  ajb007/martini

97

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

I've been using John Barry's '007' since I got my first iPhone  ajb007/cool

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

98

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Loeffelholz wrote:

I've been using John Barry's '007' since I got my first iPhone  ajb007/cool

That's a good idea but I want feel like I am Bond not just a Bond fan.

Life is Bond...
                    James  Bond

99

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Don't know if this has been covered anywhere. (Guessing probably has somewhere.) But the Xperia z5 do we know if its the the mini or maxi sized one seen oh so briefly in the film of all 5 seconds?

100

Re: Bond's next cellphone?

Not sure if its been figured out. 

Which version is for sale that is in the SPECTRE branded box

Instagram - bondclothes007