Re: Which of the Skyfall suits would you wear to a wedding?

Matt S wrote:
cheld wrote:
Matt S wrote:

Gentlemen also do not remove their jackets unless in their private office or at home, whether or not their are wearing a waistcoat.

At a wedding reception a gentleman may choose to remove his jacket once the groom or the father of the bride first removes his.

This is not correct. A gentleman still leaves his jacket on in the company of ladies even if the host acts ungentlemanly.

I've been an MC at two weddings and understood the rule to be that at some point in the evening the bride would tell the MC the men could remove their coats if they wished and he would make the announcement. This sounds like a modern etiquette based on the more traditional mentioned above.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'm opting for the grey. I'm not too fussed about standing out but wanted to at least look like I know what I'm doing while wearing the suit. I always feel comfortable wearing a suit and I wish my job gave me more opportunities to formal up but alas it doesn't.

The wedding is early in the morning (10am) and at a reasonably respectable hotel in Leeds, so it's not a high society affair. I think maybe judging the weather on the day might be the best option, as light clothes in bad weather has always seemed terrible to me, so if I take a blue suit and a grey suit, then I suppose I'm covered for either.

I considered the dress option though it still seems a bit extreme for me. We're gonna marry in the spring and I think I would wear something like this only for the party. Any recommendations for London wedding venues, though?