Re: Bond Blu-ray and 4k Film Club

Exactly!  ajb007/cheers

@sniperUK: Do you know which movies have not been restored in 4K?

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Higgins wrote:

Exactly!  ajb007/cheers

@sniperUK: Do you know which movies have not been restored in 4K?

Actually looks like all of them have been done , especially the fantastic Dalton ones  ajb007/biggrin

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/j … 4k.545418/

sniperUK wrote:

Most were restored to 4K masters before the bluray releases and downscaled to 2K so 4k releases shouldn't be too hard to release.

Didn't know that  ajb007/martini

I'd expect the 4K versions out within two years...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

That was well known and published. You should read some posts of the good people on AJB  ajb007/biggrin

Higgins wrote:

That was well known and published. You should read some posts of the good people on AJB  ajb007/biggrin

Ah...but you know I'm only ever at the grubby end of AJB  ajb007/frown  ajb007/biggrin

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

that's why we don't see each other very often here  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Higgins wrote:

that's why we don't see each other very often here  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Which is why I choose to stay at the grubby end  ajb007/tongue  ajb007/lol

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Recent Bond BluRay find - the Danish release of Dr. No, brand new and sealed on a market stall in Selby, North Yorkshire!
https://s23.postimg.cc/bvm21zj87/Dr_No.jpg

Looks like the german release - cover text is german at least.

As far as I know the denish market receives he original version with denish subtitles.

Come to think of it, that is the German cover - I'm at work so pulled the image offline - I'll have to check when I get home. Really in the mood to watch it now, possibly because I really need a holiday and some Jamaican sun and Red Stripe beer would go down well right now!

Back home now - this is the cover of my copy
https://s21.postimg.cc/uwrtectxf/dr-no-agent-007-med-ratt-att-doda-blu-ray.jpg

Reading through " Some kind of hero" , I quickly had to rewatch TMWTGG  as on reading the
Relevant chapter. I was informed of a mistake I'd never noticed before !  This may be common
Knowledge to many but new to me  ajb007/biggrin
   I can't believe after hundreds of viewings I'd never noticed ....... When Bond lands his sea plane
The left wings " flotation "  arm is missing ( as it had been damaged during filming ) . Meaning
The pilot had to be very, very skilled to land the thing at all . ajb007/martini

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

From the angle it was shot, I don't think it would've been that easy to spot.
Interesting.

a reasonable rate of return

You'll soon learn anything with me has to be bigger than the usual  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol goes for ego and d*** as well  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

I own all of the Bond films several times.

The record holds TND:

1 -LaserDisc
2 -original US DVD release
3 -SE German DVD release
4 -SE 40th Anniversary DVD release in the silver suitcase
5 -single Blu-ray original release
6 -Bond 50 Blu-ray Box
7 -2015 US release single Blu-ray
8 -The James Bond Collection Blu-ray box
9 -digitally on iTunes

now do better  ajb007/lol  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

Dalton Rulez™

ajb007/lol
I started taping them off the telly, then bought the vhs copies, then the wide-screen vhs.
Next came the DVDs, then dvd ultimate collection and now the Blu-ray collection as well
As having them copied to several memory cards in my phones and tablets. I also bought the
HD  versions on Google Movies.
  Each time my wife would ask " what's different with this set ?"  ..... She doesn't know about me
Buying the digital downloads from Google.  ajb007/wink
Infact long before video, I used to tape them on to audio tape, to listen to them back at night.
Infact Higgins was doing that  in the cinema  ajb007/lol

No VHS?  ajb007/smile

Instagram - bondclothes007

I saw a sad sight today in my town High Street.

Early morning, outside a closed charity shop, a partially opened bag with VHS boxes of Bond movies literally spilling out onto the street. Goldfinger, AVTAK, LTK, all of them. People just walking by and looking down at them.

A home clearout?

Then again, maybe someone was upgrading to Steelbooks.

Sad indeed  ajb007/crap , I gave mine ( VHS copies ) to a young kid close to where I live who had
an interest in the Bond films........  but still kept all my DVDs  ajb007/wink

Well I found a way to present my Bond ranking in yet another different way...  ajb007/lol

From my No 1 OHMSS to my No 24 Skyfall here are all the Blu-ray covers of the US Blu-ray single disc releases in 2015.

There is something special in this, let's see who finds it first  ajb007/bond

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/12/86141012694342669e0b3b4ed7bfe2c6/full.jpg

Dalton Rulez™

Yes, I thought I saw a SPECTRE at your collection.

Dirty Punker wrote:

ha ha, that was fast  ajb007/martini  ajb007/lol

Here's the artwork with which I made the Blu-ray cover which I put over the UGLY original one  ajb007/lol

https://a3-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/10/1a0ca9680ad54de892c1e37cf76660c7/full.jpg

Dalton Rulez™

The white band doesn't work for me, I would've preferred if they it if they had made steel-books for every movie.
That said, I haven't gotten around to getting the steel-books. The YOLT/Eyes Only ones look perfect, IMO.
So far, the only one that I have is the Kill Bill Vol 1, one.
http://www.hidefninja.com/community/attachments/11229036-1554356504453402-jpg.211789/
Loved the movie, loved the artwork, bought it.

That's a great one. I actually almost only buy steelbooks. Not sure how many I own, but must be close to 200.

Naturally I own all Bond steelbooks ever released, even the "Daniel Craig Collection" steelbook. I don't care if I own the films already 6 times or so  ajb007/lol

I love the 9 "Spectre" steelbooks. I wish they had released all the Bond films in that design. 12 Bond films have received steelbook version, the additional three are Goldfinger, GoldenEye and Spectre.

Dalton Rulez™

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Dirty Punker wrote:

ha ha, that was fast  ajb007/martini  ajb007/lol

Here's the artwork with which I made the Blu-ray cover which I put over the UGLY original one  ajb007/lol

https://a3-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/10/1a0ca9680ad54de892c1e37cf76660c7/full.jpg

I did my best to make it the right style. It payed off. Thanks for using my artwork. It looks lovely with the rest of the films. ajb007/wink

"No for me."
"You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
"I never miss..."
"Time to face gravity!"

Oh it payed off big time  ajb007/biggrin

Totally forgot you're on AJB007 ! Would have mentioned you obviously  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Dalton Rulez™