Meeting Actors / Technicans from the Bond films ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
I was thinking if anyone might have some stories or anecdotes on meeting
Anyone connected with the Bond films and Books ? Either an " out of the
Blue " meeting or at a signing.
Were your "heros" as nice as expected or better ? Worse ? :D
( checked in search and couldn't find a thread like this )
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Not me personally, but my uncle played Golf with Connery in the mid 90's -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Still a connection :)) , far less than six degrees. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Or a Hole in one? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I once worked with a guy who was a real golf nut ( golfing holidays etc ) who
    Told me at a charity event he'd met Roger Moore, said he was a nice guy but
    Not too fond of buying a drink. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    I've met Caroline Munro numerous times - she even remembered me after just one meeting ! What can I say - I just have that effect on women :007)

She is one of the nicest people I've ever met - very happy to talk to you, appears genuinely interested in what you have to say...a class act -{
    YNWA 97
    Ah, one of my Bond poster girls. ;% Watched TSWLM only last night -{
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    I was introduced to John Barry about twelve years ago. "Mr Barry, this is Tom and this is Dick and this is Harry and this is Chas and this is..." etc. He seemed pretty frail, and within a few days he was incapacitated with pneumonia.
    It would be exaggerating to say that I've met Monty Norman, but we've been in the same room and I have a letter from his lawyers. I could tell you what it said, but I would then have to shoot you.
    Honor Blackman is very nice. I got her autograph after a Bond concert.
    -{ Was this shortly before his Death?
  • M.M. UKPosts: 22MI6 Agent
    I've had the pleasure of meeting Richard Kiel and Honour Blackman at The national motor museum. Honour is a very nice lady to chat to :) got a photo with Richards hands round my head, massive hands!!
    I always thought M was a randomly assigned initial, i had no idea it stood for.....
    :)) I remember reading that Roger Moore joked those hands looked
    Like a bunch of bananas , they were so big. :D
  • M.M. UKPosts: 22MI6 Agent
    I don't exactly have a small head either!
    I always thought M was a randomly assigned initial, i had no idea it stood for.....
    I've also met John Glenn...he seemed a bit confused in the morning but was in fine form by the afternoon...seemed a very humble man.
    YNWA 97
    :)) we've all had mornings like that.
    :)) we've all had mornings like that.

Crickey - I'm like that all day :))
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    -{ Was this shortly before his Death?

Oh no, several years.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    I've hosted dozens of Bond authors, actors and film production team members at my events--there's a parallel discussion at Facebook alt.fan James Bond on this very subject. My New Orleans event in October has locations tours but no actors--is there an interest in reviving actor events?
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I have met the light bulb changer at EON :D
    To change a light bulb, I thought they have needed more than one :)) ;)
    Must be a set up like for a few jokes. :))
    you would have thought they had one guy each floor, but this poor bugger has to do all of them :D
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I have met the light bulb changer at EON :D

I'll only be impressed when you know the person that changes the bog roll :D
    YNWA 97
    i know where they keep the key to the bog roll cupboard, but the actual person that changes it is a mystery :D
    At least he has a bright future, casts a long shadow and it is light work. :#
    He must be an actor, they never want to share the spotlight. ;)
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    i know where they keep the key to the bog roll cupboard, but the actual person that changes it is a mystery :D

More Secret Shitter than Secret Service ? :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

More Secret Shitter than Secret Service ? :))

:)) :)) :))
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Could his name be 'Juan Sheet' ?
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    I can 1+ up that, I've met the EON Dinner Lady :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Was it Juanita, the nice lady with one tooth? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    She was much better than the last one, Lorraine. Place full of smoke
    From her burning evething, at least ...
    " I can see clearly now, Lorraine has gone! " :D
    She give's me extra Jam on my Rice Pudding :))
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Many of the actors are lovely, but the light bulb changers might be more fascinating! :)
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!