Rome location for 'Devil May Care' as Bond 24 ?

db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
Italian press widely reporting today about an interview by the regional film authority council rep claiming that discussions are taking place with producers so that Bond 24 could have Rome as location for a car chase scene. The article also mentions that - to what it might worth - Bond 24 would be based on "Devil May Care" novel.
"Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    db5.007 wrote:
    The article also mentions that - to what it might worth - Bond 24 would be based on "Devil May Care" novel.

Ie. not a lot then !

Sorry, not having a go at you, db5.007 - thanks for posting -{
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I don't recall "Devil May Care" venturing to Rome. I could be wrong, but it doesn't stick out in my mind.

And, while Eon might use the title (although I very much doubt it), they would certainly never use the plot.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Interesting news! Thanks for posting. I wouldn't have thought EON would go back to Italy so soon after CR and QOS were shot there, but Italy does have a unique allure.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've read the devil may care title is to be used before, can't see it myself.
    and agree I think they'll try a different location than Italy, but who knows. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure what part of the Devil May Care plot they can use. We may be at the beginning of the second cold war and the war on drugs is allways raging, but that's hardly enough to use the DMC plot today.
    Hmmm....stunt coordinator Gary Powell apparently Instagrammed that he, second unit director Alexander Witt and executive producer Callum McDougall have been jetting to Morocco, Austria and Rome recently aboard a private jet. So perhaps there is something to the Rome story, although I still remain skeptical of the DMC title.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    There was a pic of the three of them on a private jet but it didn't name any locations. I wonder if he let slip in the comments? The pic's been deleted.
    The report I read said that there were comments like "Arriving in Rome" "Off to Morocco" etc etc. The fact that they've come down could mean something too!
    Seems there might be plenty of places for Bond fans to visit in Italy ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Just to add fuel to the fire......................

http://www.superherohype.com/news/309683-bond-24-to-film-key-sequence-in-rome
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Hmmm, Austria. Maybe we'll get a skiing sequence out of this afterall. Why else go to Austria? The sachertorte?
    A Strudel Fight!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Hmmm, Austria. Maybe we'll get a skiing sequence out of this afterall. Why else go to Austria? The sachertorte?

I guess Tosca's not for everyone... :))
    I read an interesting piece the other day of why India lost the Skyfall train scenes. Apparently, India made three requests: 1) There be no shots of people sitting on the tops of the railway carriages. 2) That safety not be compromised during the filming. 3) That James Bond become a brand ambassador for Indian Railways and do a spot in which DC says "Indian Railways is strong than James Bond." The railways minister said that Eon agreed to the second two conditions, but not the first one...so they filmed in Turkey instead.

I'd love to see a high-speed Aston Martin chase through Rome and hope that myopic politicians don't ruin the opportunity. I can only imagine what it would be like to try and film around the Rome traffic though!
    Maybe they'll use some of the locations from The sound of music ? :))
    With Bond and the office staff running about singing. :p
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    high speed car chase through Rome, that will be the day, :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Maybe a very slow car chase through several traffic jams. ;) :))
    Maybe a very slow car chase through several traffic jams. ;) :))

I was in Rome with my wife (it was my birthday present) and we was trying to cross the road to get over to Via de Corsa
    any way we couldnt cross the road, even standing waiting very patiently as us Brits do, then I saw a policeman come out of a nearby office and wait at the next zebra crossing ,so we run the 50ft to stand by him and cross with him, surely no ones going to run him over,hes got a gun 8-) the comments made to him by the Roman motorist questioning his parents wedding arrangements was some what disturbing 8-),
    Oh yees of little faith! If they could do it for 'The Italian Job' they can do it for "Giacomo Bondi in Ventiquattro".
    Gala Brand wrote:

Perhaps EON made that call to Norway and discovered how expensive everything is and the total lack of tax cuts for film productions? Then they switched the location to Austria because the government there don't see foreign film productions as the enemy. Then there will be no Scandinavian location or Bond girl. Not that I would mind ....... not me. X-(
    That being said, I love the rumoured locations. I have never seen a car chase in Rome before and the Italian capital is a fantastic location. Marroco is also great. I think Marroco and Tunisia are the two standard filming locations for a plot set in any Arab country. Weren't the Afghan scenes in TLD filmed in Marroco?
    Yes, It's doubled for many countries in numerous movies. -{
    I agree with you Number 24, these are very promising locations. For some reason, I am really excited by the thought of a car chase through Rome. Hope it doesn't get squashed by some idiot bureaucrat.
    Anyone else notice how Always Shaken pops over to Rome and it's now a probable
    Location for Bond 24 ? Would that photo have been pulled because he was in it ! :))
    Gala Brand wrote:

I guess Tosca's not for everyone... :))

Ha-ha. Very good.
    As they have used UK locations to double for other parts
    of the world, which part of Britain looks most like Rome ? :))
    As they have used UK locations to double for other parts
    of the world, which part of Britain looks most like Rome ? :))

perhaps certain parts of Bath ,but then people in Bath don't park on a zebra crossing outside the police station
    Rome is Rome and a beautiful city , :) but to shut the city down to make a film would cost far to much in bribes :D
    :)) I remember reading about the making of
    The return of the Saint, it was to be around 13
    Episides, but due to the amount of bribes they had
    to basically make two series and film 26 episodes. :))
    Another report saying Rome to be a location.
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/bond-24-to-shoot-scenes-in-rome-30459463.html

Luciano Sovena, the president of the Lazio Film Commission, revealed he has spoken to the franchise's producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson about shooting a car chase through the streets of Rome.
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    I heard the Rome Rumour also. I was told the plot is around the Large Hadron Collider in CERN with some mad man intending to overload it creating a massive chain reaction, destroying major cities in Switzerland and Austria thus causing a financial collapse and the richest men in the worlds accounts being wiped out. And that title floated was "Somantic Sense" Just whispers in the wind guys. Mendes, Logan and Brocoli are being more coy than ever with Bond 24 I think we will be left guessing right to the last minute. -{