151

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Saw this which might come in handy

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/85/c3/d7/85c3d767e10062d773f5828193a335be.jpg

ajb007/cheers

Instagram - bondclothes007

152

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Trying TinCup whiskey from Colorado, very neutral with a bitter aftertaste, really like the Art deco bottle and the tin cap that can be used as a cup hence the name.

153

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I am no whisky guru by far, but I do enjoy my drams.

Some favourites currently are Glenlivet Nadurra First Fill, Glenlivet 18, Scapa The Orcadian, Aberlour A'Bunadh, Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye and Bulleit Bourbon.

All very smooth, flavourful whiskys. My favourite of those listed would be the Nadurra.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

154

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I noticed watching " Non-stop" with Liam Neeson. When he told Julianne Moore to
Have a real drink he poured her some of our local export "  Black Bush " from the
Bushmills distillery.  ajb007/martini

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

155

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Never had that,  I'm only partial to Jack Daniels and Jamesons

It was either that.....or the priesthood

156

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Enjoying Death wrote:

I am no whisky guru by far, but I do enjoy my drams.

Some favourites currently are Glenlivet Nadurra First Fill, Glenlivet 18, Scapa The Orcadian, Aberlour A'Bunadh, Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye and Bulleit Bourbon.

All very smooth, flavourful whiskys. My favourite of those listed would be the Nadurra.

big fan of Bulleit Bourbon!

157

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Thunderpussy wrote:

I noticed watching " Non-stop" with Liam Neeson. When he told Julianne Moore to
Have a real drink he poured her some of our local export "  Black Bush " from the
Bushmills distillery.  ajb007/martini

Im a big fan of Bushmills Black Bush

Instagram - bondclothes007

158

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Scotch ! The story of Scottish whisky. Is a new programme on BBC 2 Scotland
But available on the BBC i-player, so should be of Interest to those who partake
In the Devil's Buttermilk !  ajb007/lol

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

159

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

At the risk of being banned by Barbel I dislike Scotch whisky  ajb007/shifty  Now... a nice bottle of Jameson's...  ajb007/biggrin

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

160

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I think I can hear a claymore  being sharpened.   ajb007/biggrin

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

161

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

CoolHandBond wrote:

At the risk of being banned by Barbel I dislike Scotch whisky  ajb007/shifty  Now... a nice bottle of Jameson's...  ajb007/biggrin

I wouldn't worry Cool Hand - like Barbel I am a Scot, like you I like Jameson's too! Also very fond of Aberlour and  Dalwhinnie, - went there for my 40th birthday.

Pussy don't be silly. - A Claymore is always sharp!   ajb007/biggrin

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

162

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Just picked up some new whiskeys for the new year: David Beckham's Haig Club and High West Double rye. I'll probably buy a bottle of Wild Turkey soon as I had some on Christmas last year and surprisingly enjoyed it and having Matthew Mcconaughey as the spokesperson is a massive draw as well. What have you guys been drinking?

163

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I got a strange one for xmas from my sister

Douglas Laings Rock Oyster Cask Strength

Not tried yet as off the booze for a while!!!  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

164

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

welshboy78 wrote:

I got a strange one for xmas from my sister

Douglas Laings Rock Oyster Cask Strength

Not tried yet as off the booze for a while!!!  ajb007/lol

Never heard of that one! also I should add that I finished off the Tin cup whiskey I got back in September on New Years, its a decent whiskey. My favorite part of it was the tin cup cap it comes with which was a really cool feature and is convenient to drink from when out.

165

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I purchased a bottle of The Macallan Edition No. 2 for New Year.

A very nice Scotch to be enjoyed on these cold winter nights.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

166

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

walther p99 wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

I got a strange one for xmas from my sister

Douglas Laings Rock Oyster Cask Strength

Not tried yet as off the booze for a while!!!  ajb007/lol

Never heard of that one! also I should add that I finished off the Tin cup whiskey I got back in September on New Years, its a decent whiskey. My favorite part of it was the tin cup cap it comes with which was a really cool feature and is convenient to drink from when out.

Let me know how the Haig Club goes.  When I was in the Far East last year its plastered everywhere on billboards, airports etc with Beckhams mug!  Im guessing he aint even sniffed the stuff  ajb007/lol

The description of the one I was given sounds a bit unusual:

ROCK OYSTER CASK STRENGTH LIMITED EDITION

Introducing Douglas Laing’s Rock Oyster Cask Strength; the super-charged partner to the original Rock Oyster bottled at 57.4% ABV. Containing the finest Malt Whiskies from Scotland's Whisky Islands, including those distilled on Islay, Arran, Orkney and Jura, this Limited Edition delivers a massive amplification of all those coastal qualities from the original Rock Oyster.

Anticipate a blast of sea air on the nose and a tempestuously oceanic storm on the palate. Rock Oyster Cask Strength delivers a big peat hit full of Islay phenols, iodine and coal dust, with a shake of pepper softening to a distinct honey sweetness from the Arran casks. The Isle of Jura brings waves of citrus and barley to the mix, and Orkney fetches up some salt from the deep.

Last edited by welshboy78 (5th Jan 2017 11:32)

Instagram - bondclothes007

167

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Enjoying Death wrote:

I purchased a bottle of The Macallan Edition No. 2 for New Year.

A very nice Scotch to be enjoyed on these cold winter nights.

Need a new bottle of Macallan - only problem though is I have a crazy number of bottles of scotch at the moment and would never drink it all in my lifetime.

Instagram - bondclothes007

168

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl … 38686.html
According  to science you should drink whisky neat !

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

169

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I always wear a 3-piece suit, and a shirt & tie to drink mine.

170

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

ajb007/biggrin  proves Bond Spoke the truth in LALD.
" Tell him neat would you .... No ice "

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

171

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

The Scottish Government have recently set a minimum price for alcohol, to discourage its abuse. I am sure this will have the deshired... desired effect and (hic!) be very shuccess... succeshh... (hic!)....

172

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

ajb007/lol  only read today that there is a loophole. If it's ordered through Amazon you pay the old price.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

173

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Ah, thank you!  ajb007/smile

174

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

I was lucky enough to try these with a fellow AJB member while in LA last year.
https://s18.postimg.cc/sm3thu9ad/Pappy_LA1.jpg
https://s18.postimg.cc/vsyd1hgvp/Pappy_LA2.jpg

175

Re: Any whiskey gurus in the house?

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl … 99131.html
Two of Aldi's own label whisky  win gold awards.
From the scotch Masters.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."