Bond 24 Press Conference??

Mach_eyyMach_eyy Detroit/Warsaw Posts: 36MI6 Agent
Any news on when a press conference to announce the title and cast of Bond 24 is scheduled? I know with SkyFall they held the press conference roughly a year before the film was released, and shooting started shortly after. So it's likely that we'll find out this information in the next 1-2 months?

Also, has anyone seen anything regarding Eon registering any domain names?

Comments

• Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I would hazard a guess that information concerning title, casting, locations, etc. will come out in early to mid-October. That's what happened with SF. The press conference could be anywhere from mid-October to late November.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It will be interesting to keep an eye out for it, especially if they do another
    Live feed across the internet. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    If I remember rightly Skyfall title was leaked a good month before the conference (though who believed it was another matter)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I shall have my Ears open for this -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Mid October. My bet.
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Hopefully we get to see some new info within the next month.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Mid October. My bet.

A mid-October press conference would suggest a mid to late October start to filming. This is possible, but at this point I don't think anybody outside of a very few insiders knows precisely when filming is going to start.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,765MI6 Agent
    I wonder how casting is going? Back when the plan was to start filming in October and filming was planned in Norway the first screentests for the Scandinavian Bond girl was in December (I belive), more than ten months before filming even started. I understand the planned sequence was set in winter, so the screentests were perhaps a year in advance of "her" part of Bond 24. The filming was probably shifted sometime this summer to Austria. If Austria will portray Austria they will probably need an Austrian/German Bond girl. That leves very little room for casting if filming starts in October, and even if shooting starts in December they need to find her quickly.
  • Mach_eyyMach_eyy Detroit/Warsaw Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I wonder how casting is going? Back when the plan was to start filming in October and filming was planned in Norway the first screentests for the Scandinavian Bond girl was in December (I belive), more than ten months before filming even started. I understand the planned sequence was set in winter, so the screentests were perhaps a year in advance of "her" part of Bond 24. The filming was probably shifted sometime this summer to Austria. If Austria will portray Austria they will probably need an Austrian/German Bond girl. That leves very little room for casting if filming starts in October, and even if shooting starts in December they need to find her quickly.

Who knows if they're still looking for this sort of character. The Scandinavian screen tests were probably using Logan's original script. After Purvis & Wade were brought in to revise the script, certain characters could have been omitted and are no longer necessary to be cast.
    You may be right. But I think just one Bond girl (the British one) is at least one too few, so in that case they would probably have to write into the script a new Bond girl. If that's the case time is really something they don't have too much of.
    Number24 wrote:
    You may be right. But I think just one Bond girl (the British one) is at least one too few, so in that case they would probably have to write into the script a new Bond girl. If that's the case time is really something they don't have too much of.

My thoughts are that they've already chosen a Bond girl, be it a Scandinavian one or a German/Austrian, or even a French one. Changing the characters name/background is fairly easy as long as the actress portraying her is fairly versatile.
    Didn't the site mi6 report several girls screened several months back?
    Are you reffering to the Scandinavian acteresses? In that case I can say it was reported here in ajb007 too, but after the rewrite the filming location was changed to Austria. It is likely (but not certain) that the Scandinavian Bond girl disapeared with the Norwegian location.
    Number24 wrote:
    Are you reffering to the Scandinavian acteresses? In that case I can say it was reported here in ajb007 too, but after the rewrite the filming location was changed to Austria. It is likely (but not certain) that the Scandinavian Bond girl disapeared with the Norwegian location.

Unless the Austria location is simply standing in for Norway/Scandinavia, due to cost issues.
    That was one of the reasons why I wrote it isn't certain that the change of shooting location ment a change of Bond actress. Also, the actress could remain Scandinavian in spite of an Austrian storyline . A Scandinavian actress could also play Austrian, since many Scandinavians learnt German at school and there will be little need of speaking German anyway.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Mid October. My bet.

A mid-October press conference would suggest a mid to late October start to filming. This is possible, but at this point I don't think anybody outside of a very few insiders knows precisely when filming is going to start.

Looking back on mi6-hq the actual Press Conference for Skyfall was on Thursday 3rd November 2011.
    So my guess is for Thursday 6th November 2014 for "Risico"?!

Last time you could follow a typed transcript of what they said-as it happened.

Bleuville.
    I thought last time, as soon as they finished press conference they were straight out on the streets of London shooting with all the cast assembled etc. hence maybe for Bond 24 it will be closer to the "kick off" which has been confirmed for what? Dec?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I thought last time, as soon as they finished press conference they were straight out on the streets of London shooting with all the cast assembled etc. hence maybe for Bond 24 it will be closer to the "kick off" which has been confirmed for what? Dec?
    You are correct. The press conference for SkyFall was Nov. 3rd, and filming began shortly afterward on the 7th, with the release date (US) being Nov. 9th of the following year. Currently filming for 24 is scheduled to begin Dec. 6th, if I'm not mistaken, and it is scheduled for release (US, again) on Nov. 6th, 2015. I have a feeling the press conference will be closer to the release date, rather than the start of filming.
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    My guess about the Press Conference, if they have one this time, could be around December 6 or the next week after that. They will be filming in Austria in January.
    It is strange that we have not heard officially whom is playing the main villain this time. We have assumed it would be Mark Strong, but has since denied he was going to be the villain. It was just speculation based upon the vacation photos of him with his friend Daniel Craig.
    Before that, we thought it could be Chitwetel Ejiofor until he signed up for another movie. He has finished Z For Zachariah (2015) and Triple Nine (2015). He has The Secret In Their Eyes to do, but word of Ejiofor has been very quiet these days. So, let's not rule out the rumors of him being in the next James Bond movie yet.
    A few days before shooting like last time I Reckon:)
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    With shooting scheduled to commence next week, we could get a press conference on Monday!
    {[] some confirmed news, would be nice, to stop all this guessing ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    {[] some confirmed news, would be nice, to stop all this guessing ! :D
    The speculation as to what is true and what is false is really making me anxious. :s
    Just hold the press conference already and let us fans know what's what! Once they hold the press conference with everything confirmed, we can start following the filming :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Very much looking forward to the presser, whenever it happens...as ever, at the very least, it will give form and shape to the endless speculation---and second-guessing :p
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    From the official Twitter account. 2 days until... #The Bond24 Announcement!

https://twitter.com/007
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    It appears the title and cast of Bond 24 will be revealed via live stream from Pinewood Studios this Thursday morning at 11.00 GMT. There will also be a photo call.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to some concrete news at last.

Then we can progress to trying to guess the plot, what the title means, who the characters will be playing etc. :))
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Yes! The excitement is really starting to build now!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    Excellent news. Will be watching!