Bond 24 to start filming in Dec

LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
According to this article, filming will start Dec 6,.with a script read through in Nov.

I'm not sure if I like the fact that the 'henchman' is still yet to be cast, but I'm wondering if that is just a bit of drama...

http://blink.htcsense.com/Web/ArticleMobile.aspx?regionid=4&articleid=28860778

Really interested to know which storm trooper DC plays...caus surely that's what it's hinting at!
She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He be the one who walks across the screen, turns and fires at the camera ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    pretty sure we'll identify Dannyboy by the extra-high-heeled shoes to level up with the other stromtroopers :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    The one driving the hover car, that tumbles seven times ? ( or was it 9, I never remember ) :))
    The one doing all the " free running" over the death star.
    The one, tied to a chair as Hans Solo questions him.

I can see loads of funny fan videos ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    He'll be playing C3P007, a robot assassin on a mission to take out The Emperor once and for all.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I'm really beginning to be concerned about how long it takes to put out these films now. I will always be a fan, but if they get to where they'll only put out three a decade (and if they started to downsize it to two I wouldn't be surprised) then my interest in the EON series will seriously begin to wane...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,708MI6 Agent
    According to this article in Hitfix Hoyte van Hoytema will be the DoP on Bond 24:

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/her-cinematographer-hoyte-van-hoytema-to-fill-roger-deakins-shoes-on-sam-mendes-bond-24
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Film making now is different to what it was in the 60's. As much as I would like to see a new Bond Outing Year after Year, it's not feasible now -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    https://www.yahoo.com/movies/latest-james-bond-movie-gets-a-start-date-and-all-the-97677470937.html
    Another report nothing new, but still interesting . :)
    All other details of Bond 24 are being kept under wraps, but dedicated Bond news website MI6 has been rounding up stray bits of gossip, casting, and production reports. According to the site’s sources, casting has begun for a tall, athletic, “classic physically imposing henchman” in the vein of ‘70s villain Jaws (played by the late Richard Kiel). Earlier this year, Chiwetel Ejiofor was the rumored top choice to play the film’s villain — perhaps the employer of that physically imposing henchman? — but the British actor has refused to comment on the report. As for the inevitable “Bond girls,” the producers have reportedly screen tested multiple Scandinavian actresses, including Norwegian star Synnove Macody Lund and Swedish dancer Isabel Edvardsson. MI6 reports that the production team has also scouted locations in Rome, the Austrian Alps, Morocco, and possibly India. (James Bond has always been quite the world traveler, with Skyfall taking him from Shanghai to Scotland.)
    Downtown Abby's Joanne Froggatt doesn't want to tell if she will be in Bond 24:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/513194/Downton-Abbey-s-Joanne-Froggatt-could-star-in-next-James-Bond-film

I didn't post this in the Leading Ladies thread because I don't think she will be a Bond girl. She is more likely to get a role simmular to Helen McCrory in Skyfall - a good character part, but not a Bond girl. Froggatt agrees:

"Who wouldn't like to be a Bond girl? I am not the Bond girl type. I would probably be more a Q or an M...we'll see. I don’t know."
    Daniel Craig has been seen on the plane to Marrakech:

https://twitter.com/SimonPage1/status/513412702954586113

Marrakech is, as we know, in Morroco. It's very likely he is going location spotting.

That should make the Universe implode :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Local media in Morroco reports (translation by Google Translate):

"19.09.14. According to the specialized sites cinematic section 24 of the Universal film "James Bond" will start filming on the sixth of next Dhanbr Morocco and specifically in southern Morocco where movies like "Lawrence of Arabia" ,"Cleopatra" ,"Kingdom of Heaven" "Alexander the Great" ,"Gladiator" and "Troy" have been shot"

I haven't been able to find out what "Dhanbr" is.

In southern Morroco is mostly dominated by the western part of the Sahara desert.

Let's hope The Bond 24 production goes too far South, where we can find the occupied nation of Western Sahara.

My impression is that the Southern part of Morocco has some nice city locations, like this one in Tiznit:

image4.jpg

There are also the Atlas mountains:

kdt.jpg

Obviously much of it is filled with desert. Perhaps Marocco will fill in for Saudi Arabia or Yemen?

204-Morocco-desert-camp.jpg
    Although Morroco has been used in the past to " Double" for other places
    Not just in Bond TLD, for instance but other films as well. So even though it's
    Being used, it may not be as Morroco.
    After all Skyfall may have been his family home but Bond could have a
    Static Caravan in some holiday location. :))
    I think there are several reasons Morocco is so often used by film Productions.

- They must have a good infrastructure for movie production by now

- They have a population of moderate muslims (filming in countries like Egypt or Yemen could be more risky)

-The landscape is very diverse. They have mountains, even snow covered mountains that can look like Austria or Norway. They have deserts, they have ancient towns, they have modern towns (I assume), beaches and a northern coastline With a Mediteranian climathe. It looks like the country can stand in for a wide range of places as well as portraying Morocco itself.
    Since they've already have a location with snow covered mountains in Austria it's unlikely they are filming in the High Atlas region.
    The desert and/or ancient cities are far more likely locations.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Loads of exciting stuff here
    Thanks everyone
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Film making now is different to what it was in the 60's. As much as I would like to see a new Bond Outing Year after Year, it's not feasible now -{
    Of course it's feasible -- it's just a question of the will to get it done. Films are such over-bloated affairs now -- even with the comparatively simplistic camera set ups and over-reliance on close ups -- that productions simply drag out.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    I agree with Captain Scarlet. (Frowns) scuse me, Alpha!

The Bond films need so much support now they have to negotiate so much to get the money they need to crank things up. Its not like Marvel studios who have the might of The House of Mouse to back them up. Re Joanne Froggat, I could see her as a field agent that takes EMP's place. Or possibly a weapons boffin who assists Q.

Downton Abbey has a few people in it who would make excellent Bond supporting characters. For example Liz McGowan, - (Lady Cora) would be a good American National Security Advisor, and Jim Carter (Carson) would be fantastic as a new Minister of Defence as per Geoffrey Keen and Julian Fellows.

Its almost a shame they are not starting filming on Christmas Eve. "Bond 24, starts filming on thd 24th day of 2014.".Just me? Ok.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    :))

EON never truly got over it's Money Issues.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Very glad to hear about the scheduling of principal photography. We should begin to hear some concrete things soon :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/star-wars/11119012/Star-Wars-Episode-VII-hundreds-of-Stormtroopers-on-set.html
    Hundreds of Stormtroopers on set of the new Star Wars movie.
    I wonder which one was Daniel Craig :))
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/star-wars/11119012/Star-Wars-Episode-VII-hundreds-of-Stormtroopers-on-set.html
    Hundreds of Stormtroopers on set of the new Star Wars movie.
    I wonder which one was Daniel Craig :))

He's the short one.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff
    "A little short for a stormtrooper"...
    No worries of him hitting his head on a rising door then ;)
    'They have People on either Sides of the Door' :))
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQaLuqwtl8

That's why you need shorter Stormtroopers. :))
    Never noticed that before :))
    It was all part of my Jedi correspondence course. Which I passed.
    On the second attempt. :))
    Did you attend the Stormtroopers Markmanship Academy too? The Academy teaches its students to miss so accurately, you can see where your target was standing by looking at the bullet (laser?) marks on the wall. :))