Bond 24 Cinematographer Chosen

HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
According to MI6, Dutch/Swedish Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema will be the DP on Bond 24.
Van Hoytema has shot films in digital, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and "Her", and on film, "Interstellar" (which is also anamorphic Panavision).

According to MI6, Bond 24 will return to shooting on traditional film but did not indicate what process (ie anamorphic Panavision, Super 35, etc). I would love to see Bond 24 return to good old anamorphic Panavision which IMO translates very well to today's Digital Projection Systems and Digital IMAX. EON always seems to invest in excellent DP's.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/684424/#p684424
    Post 7, from Number24, he has people everywhere ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Outstanding. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was not only a great film, but it was filmed in an exquisitely and appropriately dark way.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    Outstanding. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was not only a great film, but it was filmed in an exquisitely and appropriately dark way.

Agree. Beautifully composed and shot film (I think Van Hoytema won a BAFTA for it). I was actually surprised it was shot digitally after I saw it in the theater. Really had the look of film. Van Hoytema's latest, Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" was actually shot in a combination of Anamorphic Panavision and 70mm IMAX cameras. It will be interesting to see what is decided upon for Bond 24 beyond the use of film.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    -
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I was actually surprised it was shot digitally after I saw it in the theater. Really had the look of film.
    It was shot on film, not digitally. Hoytema is already conducting tests for Bond 24.

You are correct. For some reason I thought I read somewhere that it was digital...maybe I was confused because I was surprised to find out the theater I saw it in had digital projection at the time. Good looking film for sure. Should be interesting whether they shoot Bond 24 anamorphic or Super 35 (I would assume that they will continue to compose for 2.35 to 1 aspect ratio).