Re: Anything Good on TV ?

England (football) is on tv tonight ,but I don't know if that's classed as good, ajb007/rolleyes there is a programme on the same time about swarming ants ,ill think I will watch that, at least the ants know what their doing ajb007/biggrin

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

Mrs Brown's Boys on BBC1  ajb007/lol

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

It was on Sky Arts 1 - it's only just finished...so should be on catch-up either now or very soon...and you'd love it...

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Sir Miles wrote:

It was on Sky Arts 1 - it's only just finished...so should be on catch-up either now or very soon...and you'd love it...

the footie or Mrs B ?

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

ajb007/lol
I think Sir Miles was talking about " Anarchy In Manchester ".

Thunderpussy wrote:

ajb007/lol
I think Sir Miles was talking about " Anarchy In Manchester ".

I was...I didn't realise people had posted afterwards  ajb007/embarrassed

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

scaramanga1 wrote:
Lady Rose wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I'm watching "Lillyhammer", third season tonight. Sold to about 130 countries!

I love Lillyhammer.

I tried to explain the premis to someone recently and gave up with a ' you just have to watch it'.

It sounds a ridiculous programme but it just works.

It really makes me laugh ( especially Trond Fausa) and Stevie Van Zandt is great.

I didn't know there was a third season available. I know what I'm going to be trying find  ajb007/wink

Lillyhammer is an inspired series. it is ridiculous but as you say - it works!

It has been explained as "Sopranos meets Fargo .... in Norway."  ajb007/lol

The  Wild Geese is on channel5 and channel 5+1.  ajb007/martini
Great action film, sort of a high class, British expendables.  ajb007/lol
And good old Sir Roger is bloody marvellous in it !  ajb007/cheers

Number24 wrote:

It has been explained as "Sopranos meets Fargo .... in Norway."  ajb007/lol

Thats about accurate. I only watched it because of SVZ.

I've never been to Norway but if its anything like it's portrayed in 'Lillyhammer' I'm moving there because you dudes are crazy  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

You haven't noticed that from Number24's posts !  ajb007/amazed   ajb007/lol   ajb007/lol

Thunderpussy wrote:

You haven't noticed that from Number24's posts !  ajb007/amazed   ajb007/lol   ajb007/lol

If I was going by Number24 posts then 'Lillyhammer' is quite accurate  ajb007/lol

SVZ advice when they started the series was "make it as local as possible to give it as much  international appeal as possible."
A  lot of it is accurate: the bureaucracy, the "pappaperm" (mandatory paternal leave), the weather and the landscape, the small town atmosphere and mentality etc. Some aspects are just silly or exagurated, but there is definatley a large element of recognition for us.  ajb007/lol

I'll give you an example of how unlikely Norway can be  ajb007/biggrin

A short stretch of the coast is named Stadt. At Stadt there are no islands to protect against the open sea, so that stretch is an old ship's graveyard. As it happens Stadt is a tongue of land that's quite narrow at the base.

Observe:

http://www.ngi.no/upload/28574/Stad_tunnel_kart.jpg

So what can we do to make the sea lane along the coast safer and quicker?

You build a tunnel for ships!  ajb007/amazed 

The building of the tunnel hasn't started yet, but much of the funding is in place. It will look like this:

http://www.tu.no/migration_catalog/2007/12/10/stad-skipstunnel0712101443.jpg/alternates/w1920/stad-skipstunnel0712101443.jpg

http://www.tu.no/incoming/2014/10/31/1200034054.jpg/alternates/h1080/1200034054.jpg

To quote Monty Python: "Don't go there, it's a silly place!"

Lady Rose wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Lady Rose wrote:

My favourite show is 'The Good Wife'.

Consistently good writing and excellent turns from all involved.

I love this series too...really clever writing and great story line that just keeps delivering.

Do you know when it starts again?

No I dont. I usually watch on Netflix or Internet ... For a series in its sixth season it's kept remarkably on top form. don't think there has been a mediocre series.

I never drooled over Chris Noth in Sex and The City but I love his stints in TGW.

David Hyde Pierce pops up in this series and Matthew Goode pops up in  Downton.

I've just added it to my sky never miss...so I'll give you a heads up...

Love David Hyde Pierce...and I can see him fitting in nicely!

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

I hope the Tunnel is quicker to build then us and France's Channel Tunnel was  ajb007/lol

Last edited by AlphaOmegaSin (16th Nov 2014 11:14)

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

Lexi wrote:

I've just added it to my sky never miss...so I'll give you a heads up...

Love David Hyde Pierce...and I can see him fitting in nicely!

I was very late to the party with TGW. Only started watching it about a year ago but watched all 5 series very quickly.

I don't think David Hyde Pierce will ever escape 'Niles' but the humour in TGW will fit his style very well.

Talking of David Hyde Pierce ...

My favourite comedy show of all time is 'Frasier' but hot on its heels is 'Modern Family'.

What a tour de force that is! Every episode is a gem and constantly makes me belly laugh.
Every actor delivers in this programme whether it's the kids or the old pros like Ed O'Neill.

Superb.

The only American Comedies that I have every really liked, were ELR and KOQ. Friends is also a favorite but it is very overrated and there are some unfunny Moments in there.

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

I've read a few members praising " Modern Family"  so I must give it
A look.  ajb007/lol

Back in my early Teens 'Malcolm in the Middle' was always part of my Friday Evenings with BBC2  ajb007/lol

ajb007/heart  I loved Malcolm in the middle, fantastic show  ajb007/lol  along with
( Can't remember the name of it ) the show about a kid growing up
In the 60s, and scrubs.

I've  watched many episodes of a series called " Supernatural " about two
Brothers fighting demons ( my daughters are big fans of the show)  but from
The shows I've seen it looks a fun show.  ajb007/martini

Sir Miles wrote:

Recorded the whole series of 'Anarchy In Manchester'...just halfway through it but it's a great series...narrated by John Cooper Clarke and based on the Tony Wilson show called So It Goes from the 1970's....it showcases all the musical talent of the time (many recorded for their first TV appearances)...so far it's had the Sex Pistols, The Stranglers, The Jam, Magazine, Buzzcocks, Elvis Costello (both with and without The Attractions), Siouxie And The Banshees, Ian Dury, The Clash...plus a few others...great stuff  ajb007/martini

Cheers Paul -I will check it out. ajb007/smile

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 65784.html
For any  Sean Bean fans ,
Sean Bean cast in new ITV series The Frankenstein Chronicles

All the episodes of season 3 of 'Lilyhammer' is available on the homepage of NRK (Our version of BBC)

http://tv.nrk.no/programmer/filmer-og-serier