1

Topic: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/50552/2 … -video.htm . If he does will he turn to Tom hardy or Christian Bale to be the next 007?

2

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

As Lulu sang 'We shall see!'  ajb007/lol

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

3

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I am Scottish we have apologised for Lulu on many occassions ajb007/lol

4

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I would like to see another Scottish Actor Play Bond one Day, the Danger though is the Comparison with Connery  ajb007/martini

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

5

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

Christopher Nolan would happily direct a Bond film given the right circumstances, and I'd be happy to see him involved. If I am not mistaken, both Tom Hardy and Christian Bale will be well into their forties by the time Bond 26 comes round so that should rule them out.

Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007)       Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

6

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

How old is Fassbender now?

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

7

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

If filming commenced 2018 as an example, Bale would be 44 Hardy would be 41. 41 is not old to start playing bond Dan was 38. Brosnan was 42.

Quote from Wkpedia

"In Ian Fleming's stories, James Bond is in his mid-to-late thirties, but does not age.[26] In Moonraker, he admits to being eight years shy of mandatory retirement age from the 00 section—45—which would mean he was 37 at the time.[27] Fleming did not provide Bond's date of birth, but John Pearson's fictional biography of Bond, James Bond: The Authorized Biography of 007, gives him a birth date of 11 November 1920,[28] while a study by Bond scholar John Griswold puts the date at 11 November 1921.[29] According to Griswold, the Fleming novels take place between around May 1951,[30] to February 1964, by which time Bond was aged 42"

8

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I hope Nolan will direct Bond 25 since I think he will make a great film. The directors have perhaps some say in who get cast as Bond, but they don't decide. Rumour has it Martin Campbell wanted Henry Cavil or Goran Visnjic for Casino Royale, but some other bloke got cast.  ajb007/smile

9

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

InternationalExports wrote:

If filming commenced 2018 as an example, Bale would be 44 Hardy would be 41. 41 is not old to start playing bond Dan was 38. Brosnan was 42.

Given the current rate of production 2018 seems a bit optimistic for filming to commence on Bond 26. It would be great to go back to the times when there was a Bond film every other year, but it's more likely to average three years for the foreseeable future. It is considerably more likely that they will be looking for a younger (and probably less well established) actor to replace Daniel Craig.

Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007)       Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

10

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

Moore Than wrote:
InternationalExports wrote:

If filming commenced 2018 as an example, Bale would be 44 Hardy would be 41. 41 is not old to start playing bond Dan was 38. Brosnan was 42.

Given the current rate of production 2018 seems a bit optimistic for filming to commence on Bond 26. It would be great to go back to the times when there was a Bond film every other year, but it's more likely to average three years for the foreseeable future. It is considerably more likely that they will be looking for a younger (and probably less well established) actor to replace Daniel Craig.

Agree. The next Bond after DC will be an actor most of us have never heard of. With Henry Cavill doing "Superman" and now the "Man From Uncle" we can pretty much rule him out as DC's successor.

11

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:
Moore Than wrote:
InternationalExports wrote:

If filming commenced 2018 as an example, Bale would be 44 Hardy would be 41. 41 is not old to start playing bond Dan was 38. Brosnan was 42.

Given the current rate of production 2018 seems a bit optimistic for filming to commence on Bond 26. It would be great to go back to the times when there was a Bond film every other year, but it's more likely to average three years for the foreseeable future. It is considerably more likely that they will be looking for a younger (and probably less well established) actor to replace Daniel Craig.

Agree. The next Bond after DC will be an actor most of us have never heard of. With Henry Cavill doing "Superman" and now the "Man From Uncle" we can pretty much rule him out as DC's successor.

Henry Cavill thats a good thing he was awful in Superman, also wrong build for bond. Im not rulling out anything, Dan is such a good bond I dont want to concede he will leave after 25 and dont like to talk of replacements. I think Fassbender will be too old and well established for the role when the time comes. I would however like Barry Sloane he reminds me of a younger Daniel he has the soft dulcit tone to his voice and around the same build http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Barry+Sloa … -7wEg9JCN2 http://www.pinterest.com/pin/21673641931502261/

12

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:
Moore Than wrote:
InternationalExports wrote:

If filming commenced 2018 as an example, Bale would be 44 Hardy would be 41. 41 is not old to start playing bond Dan was 38. Brosnan was 42.

Given the current rate of production 2018 seems a bit optimistic for filming to commence on Bond 26. It would be great to go back to the times when there was a Bond film every other year, but it's more likely to average three years for the foreseeable future. It is considerably more likely that they will be looking for a younger (and probably less well established) actor to replace Daniel Craig.

Agree. The next Bond after DC will be an actor most of us have never heard of. With Henry Cavill doing "Superman" and now the "Man From Uncle" we can pretty much rule him out as DC's successor.

+1

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

13

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I agree. Cavil is too famous. Barry Sloane who was mentioned above is a good candidate, thought. Others are Rupert Friend, Clive Standen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

14

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

Number24 wrote:

I agree. Cavil is too famous. Barry Sloane who was mentioned above is a good candidate, thought. Others are Rupert Friend, Clive Standen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

I've seen Aaron Taylor-Johnson suggested before, but he would have to show a lot more charisma and be a lot more animated before he would get my vote. He was such a cypher in Godzilla that I can barely remember any of his scenes! He was better in the two Kick-Ass movies, but still nothing I would consider to be Bond-caliber.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

15

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

He is very charismatic in Kick-ass. He is also very un-Bondian, but that gives him the chance to surprise people. In Godzilla he was in a thankless part in a movie where the monsters were the leads.

16

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I know I'm in the minority, but I would rather not see Nolan direct a Bond film at this time.  He is better than most modern directors, but he still tends to direct things mostly as action set pieces than full fledged films.  I would love to see Bond get back to his roots --with as much attention on the characters and dialogue as on the stunts and action.  I'd be concerned, too, that he would bring his stable of actors -- Bale, Hardy, Jackman, Caine -- to the project rather than find other talents who might be more appropriate for the Bond universe.  I really get tired of seeing the same people over and over again, basically doing the same thing they always do.

17

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

Number24 wrote:

He is very charismatic in Kick-ass. He is also very un-Bondian, but that gives him the chance to surprise people. In Godzilla he was in a thankless part in a movie where the monsters were the leads.

Perhaps he would be a surprise. After all, Craig surprised many people, including me. But Taylor-Johnson's lifeless performance in Godzilla doesn't inspire confidence. Although you point out that the monsters were the leads, they had very little screen time compared to the stars, and frankly Taylor-Johnson did nothing with the role.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

18

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I remember Christopher Nolan also said in an interview that the
Entire snow / ski sequence from" Inception " as inspired by the many
Bond films he'd watched.  ajb007/martini

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

19

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

Christopher Nolan won't be directing a Bond film. Christopher Nolan makes Christopher Nolan movies. Eon isn't going to hire a director who overshadows their brand.

20

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

HalfHitman HalfMonk wrote:

Christopher Nolan won't be directing a Bond film. Christopher Nolan makes Christopher Nolan movies. Eon isn't going to hire a director who overshadows their brand.

You could have said the same about Mendes. He had done nothing along the lines of Bond before Skyfall. I reckon Barbs & Michaeal would welcome Nolan as a director. Eon under Barbs & Mike is all about modern reinvention so cant agree. If he is as big a fan as he claims to be I believe it will likely happen. I reckon the discussion he is saod to have had were to EON looking for a director during the period where Mendes was not willing to commit due to other comitments. EON eventually gave Mendes time to finish his stage production. It may even have been the case that Nolan was 1st reserve for Bond 24. I also think in a cinematic scale a Nolan Bond would epic.

21

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I'm a fan of Nolan. So yes please  ajb007/martini

What makes you think this is my first time?

22

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

InternationalExports wrote:
HalfHitman HalfMonk wrote:

Christopher Nolan won't be directing a Bond film. Christopher Nolan makes Christopher Nolan movies. Eon isn't going to hire a director who overshadows their brand.

You could have said the same about Mendes.

No. Mendes is not a brand name. Nolan has the most rabid fanbase and is a name brand now. Mendes is not. Maybe earlier in his career Nolan woudl have done a Bond. Same as Spielberg. Will never happen now.

23

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

I would love that, "Interstellar" was amazing, and would love to hear a Zimmer Bond score.

24

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

walther p99 wrote:

I would love that, "Interstellar" was amazing, and would love to hear a Zimmer Bond score.

I wouldn't! James Newton Howard, perhaps.

25

Re: Will Christopher Nolan direct Bond 26?

Barbel wrote:
walther p99 wrote:

I would love that, "Interstellar" was amazing, and would love to hear a Zimmer Bond score.

I wouldn't! James Newton Howard, perhaps.

I'm with walther p99 - I would love to hear what Zimmer would do with Bond  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6