51

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

It would be great to have Shirley back belting out a number !  ajb007/cheers

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

52

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

LegoBatman008 wrote:

Are you guys worried that the next Opening Credits Theme Song for the new Bond film might turn out to be crap? Because twice Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have proved that they have no taste in music when they chose Sheryl Crow over K.D. Lang for the Tomorrow Never Dies theme song and they chose Jack White and Alicia Keys over Amy Winehouse for the Quantum of Solace theme song.

I can imagine why they chose the certain songs they did- like Sheryly crow V KD Lang, i think they were trying to be more updated in the song, so the computeristic noises and synthesis of Crows song worked well for a more 2000 feeling movie, as opposed to Langs mroe 60s bond style theme.
i can see why they chose what songs they did given how i think they wanted the movie to be portrayed, so an older style song like Langs would seem out of date to me if they used it.

53

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

ElektrikVesper wrote:
LegoBatman008 wrote:

Are you guys worried that the next Opening Credits Theme Song for the new Bond film might turn out to be crap? Because twice Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have proved that they have no taste in music when they chose Sheryl Crow over K.D. Lang for the Tomorrow Never Dies theme song and they chose Jack White and Alicia Keys over Amy Winehouse for the Quantum of Solace theme song.

I can imagine why they chose the certain songs they did- like Sheryly crow V KD Lang, i think they were trying to be more updated in the song, so the computeristic noises and synthesis of Crows song worked well for a more 2000 feeling movie, as opposed to Langs mroe 60s bond style theme.
i can see why they chose what songs they did given how i think they wanted the movie to be portrayed, so an older style song like Langs would seem out of date to me if they used it.

And what about Jack White and Alicia Keys? Why did they choose them over Amy Winehouse?

I hate Anne Hathaway's Catwoman.

54

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Ben Whishaw claims the theme song artist has already been chosen.

55

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

I hope Daniel Kleinman does the opening titles and that Adele belts out the song.

Again.

The top 7 Bond films: 1)  Dr No.   2) From Russia With Love.  3) Thunderball.  4) On Her Majesty's Secret Service.  5) For Your Eyes Only.  6) The Living Daylights.  7) Licence to Kill.

56

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

I too hope they get Daniel Kleinman back for the titles, I love his work.  ajb007/cheers

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

57

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

ElektrikVesper wrote:
LegoBatman008 wrote:

Are you guys worried that the next Opening Credits Theme Song for the new Bond film might turn out to be crap? Because twice Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have proved that they have no taste in music when they chose Sheryl Crow over K.D. Lang for the Tomorrow Never Dies theme song and they chose Jack White and Alicia Keys over Amy Winehouse for the Quantum of Solace theme song.

I can imagine why they chose the certain songs they did- like Sheryly crow V KD Lang, i think they were trying to be more updated in the song, so the computeristic noises and synthesis of Crows song worked well for a more 2000 feeling movie, as opposed to Langs mroe 60s bond style theme.
i can see why they chose what songs they did given how i think they wanted the movie to be portrayed, so an older style song like Langs would seem out of date to me if they used it.

I'm still flabbergasted they didn't pick St. Etienne's version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URBH9vV … freload=10  ajb007/rolleyes
It was round the time of Austin Powers, and sounds like it was more suited to those films!!

http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!

58

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

ElektrikVesper wrote:

i can see why they chose what songs they did given how i think they wanted the movie to be portrayed, so an older style song like Langs would seem out of date to me if they used it.

I disagree. Although I like Sheryl Crow's song well enough, I think k.d. lang's "Surrender" would have worked just fine for TND. And IMO it's a much better song.

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

59

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

+1, for K.D Lang  ajb007/martini

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

60

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Virgil37 wrote:

The Arctic Monkeys are big Bond fans, and they could come up with a great track.

I came on this thread with the attention of mentioning them, I think they would be perfect.

Even Alex Turner and Miles Kane would be superb.

Imagine a more mature, Bond-like version of some of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ese8nUbcJlU (Alex Turner and Kane)

61

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Here's a thought.....instead of a vocalist belting out a tune, why not have an instrumental theme song? Maybe the London Symphony Orchestra could play a nice theme song.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

62

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

An instrumental would be wonderful, but don't forget this is also about producing more and more revenue streams.  A hit pop song makes money and also is publicity for the film.

63

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Thunderpussy wrote:

I too hope they get Daniel Kleinman back for the titles, I love his work.  ajb007/cheers

Daniel Kleinman tells the Norwegian James Bond Magazine that he has been asked by the Bond producers to work on the title sequence for SPECTRE, he expects to start soon in the new year.

EXCLUSIVE: Daniel Kleinman Joins SPECTRE
http://jamesbondnorge.no/?p=2820

Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007)       Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

64

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

ajb007/cheers  Great news.  ajb007/martini

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

65

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

I enjoyed the themes of CR, QOS and and especially SF.  Another Way to Die gets a lot of hate, but it wins on uniqueness for me.  DAD's song is a guilty pleasure and TWINE is one of my favorite themes.

So, to me, they have a good track record so far.

66

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

rumour has it (no pun) the bloke that sings "I know I'm not the only one" has the job? as for previous songs...you know my name is great! another way to die...the production is fantastic! the vocals fall short! skyfall, they were trying too hard! tomorrow never dies was the closes thing to a classic bond song since the originals! put your head phones on and take a listen again class

I'm motivated by my duty

67

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

hot crossed bond wrote:

rumour has it (no pun) the bloke that sings "I know I'm not the only one" has the job? as for previous songs...you know my name is great! another way to die...the production is fantastic! the vocals fall short! skyfall, they were trying too hard! tomorrow never dies was the closes thing to a classic bond song since the originals! put your head phones on and take a listen again class

Sam Smith. Yeah. Its pretty much confirmed I think that he has the job.

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

68

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Digital Spy article in which Take That's Howard Donald is quoted: "I would love to write a Bond theme." Gary Barlow added: "I think movies in general is a very exciting area for us." However, when told Sam Smith is the current favourite, Barlow replied: "He'd be brilliant. Get him in!".

Take That: 'We'd love to write a James Bond theme'
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/inter … 98Zbht6Tq3

Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007)       Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

69

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Moore Than wrote:

Digital Spy article in which Take That's Howard Donald is quoted: "I would love to write a Bond theme." Gary Barlow added: "I think movies in general is a very exciting area for us." However, when told Sam Smith is the current favourite, Barlow replied: "He'd be brilliant. Get him in!".

Take That: 'We'd love to write a James Bond theme'
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/inter … 98Zbht6Tq3

Thanks.  ajb007/martini

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

70

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Gary Barlow for a bond theme ? Nooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!   ajb007/mad

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

71

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Still holding out for Nicki Minaj

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

72

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

As stated, all the money seems to be going on Sam Smith, but I'd also love to
Hear,  Paloma Faith, Muse, or Sir Tom and Dame Shirley for a duet.  ajb007/biggrin

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

73

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Thunderpussy wrote:

As stated, all the money seems to be going on Sam Smith, but I'd also love to
Hear,  Paloma Faith, Muse, or Sir Tom and Dame Shirley for a duet.  ajb007/biggrin

Tom Jones and Shirley!
Mate!! That would be so awesome.
'Its not unusual to have fun with anyone...'

“The scent and smoke and sweat of a casino are nauseating at three in the morning. "
-Casino Royale, Ian Fleming

74

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

If we're going to go down the modern, pop route then maybe ring Bob Geldof up, get him to organise it, he'd love a chance to do another Bond Aid! ajb007/wink

"You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"

75

Re: (Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Thunderpussy wrote:

As stated, all the money seems to be going on Sam Smith, but I'd also love to
Hear,  Paloma Faith, Muse, or Sir Tom and Dame Shirley for a duet.  ajb007/biggrin

Paloma Faith would be a great choice  ajb007/cool

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul