Will they re-use old villains?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
Seeing as they're using SPECTRE and Blofeld again, do you think that the films will eventually re-use other old villains too? Like Goldfinger for example?

I really hope not - I think Blofeld should be the only villain to be re-used.
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Seeing as they're using SPECTRE and Blofeld again, do you think that the films will eventually re-use other old villains too? Like Goldfinger for example?

I hope not as well. As I said in a previous post on this forum, there's enough talented and creative minds wanting to work on Bond movies for them to keep coming up with original stories and ideas.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

If bringing back Blofeld does good business, they'll bring back others. I'm for it, it just makes sense after the reboot. I know it's not a popular opinion, but that's how I feel. Every franchise does it.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

I hope not as well. As I said in a previous post on this forum, there's enough talented and creative minds wanting to work on Bond movies for them to keep coming up with original stories and ideas.

I agree with you 100%. I don't like the idea of recycling the old villains, Blofeld included. SPECTRE could turn out to be great, and I'm guessing it will considering the talent involved. But if the featured villain really is Blofeld, I hope this doesn't start a trend.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I suspect they will. Certainly, the Batman and Star Trek films of late have, and the Bond movies are following the trends rather than making them, as they have done for decades. In a way, though, that is not necessarily bad for Bond because so many of the films did not closely follow the books, which means they could conceivably adapt the novels in ways that are true to Fleming while also staying within the genre of a Bond film.
    Gassy Man wrote:
    In a way, though, that is not necessarily bad for Bond because so many of the films did not closely follow the books, which means they could conceivably adapt the novels in ways that are true to Fleming while also staying within the genre of a Bond film.

Exactly, that doesn't mean Gus Van Sant's "Psycho" remakes. That would be terrible, I agree.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,561Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:

I really can't see that happening at all...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I hope not. :# No old Villains, please.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    No one will replace Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I would be up for it depending on the character. I think Goldfinger is far to iconic to bring back and if they did they would essesntially have to re-make the film Goldfinger which should never happen! I wouldnt mind a re-imagination of some other villians. A modern day Hugo drax, closer to the book version could be good or a proper Spangled mob.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I really, really hope not...whilst it's far from a perfect science and there are huge continuity issues, I like to think of all the Bond films as taking place in the same universe. This would just undermine things even further!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    No one will replace Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger -{

I bet there's an actor out there who could blow our minds with his Goldfinger, just as Heath Ledger did with the Joker.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,302Chief of Staff
    The main point is that Blofeld is (?was) a continuing series character, as with Felix, Moneypenny, etc. All the other film bad guys were one-shots (exception: Jaws). Bringing him back makes more sense than bringing back, say, Goldfinger.
    Barbel wrote:
    The main point is that Blofeld is (?was) a continuing series character, as with Felix, Moneypenny, etc. All the other film bad guys were one-shots (exception: Jaws). Bringing him back makes more sense than bringing back, say, Goldfinger.

I'm not a fan of bringing back any of the villains from the previous films, including Blofeld, but you make a good point. Hopefully the folks at EON are of a similar mind and will make him the only villain to reappear.
  • Smiert-SpionamSmiert-Spionam Posts: 318MI6 Agent
    I hope not too although I was intrigued by the LALD remake with Idris Elba as the main baddie. Still think he would make a fantastic villain whether he plays My Big/Kananga or not.
    Smiert Spionam
    Still think he would make a fantastic villain whether he plays My Big/Kananga or not.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about that! -{
    The LALD 'Remake' was just a Rumor I think.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Barbel wrote:

That's indeed a good point. I'd say is the safest way of to bringing back the past for the first time ever in the franchise. Other villains might come back depending on the box office. If it's outstanding (and if Skyfall did what it did, I would count on it) they'll resurrect others.

Goldfinger is not so iconic that he cannot be played by a 21st century actor. Thinking like that we wouldn't have had Bond since 1971. There's no one more iconic than Sean Connery.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    It's funny. Just now at Dutch television they showed a relatively well-known actor/presentator called Jan Kooijman interviewing the members of the cast of SPECTRE. He asked Chris Waltz: "You are playing Blofeld, is it hard to .." (Then he was interrupted) and Christopher immediatly got annoyed: "This constantly is happening, and I get this question all the time. I am NOT playing Blofeld. My characters name is "Franz Oberhauser!" He almost seemed mad there...

It was hard to tell if he was simply lying or desperatly trying to keep the secret there that he is indeed playing Blofeld.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    I think they should remake on her majesty's secret service with Dan Craig
    lotus wrote:

Play 007 Legends for that :))
    lotus wrote:

Play 007 Legends for that :))

Did you know that the next Bond movie is called SPECTRE? with Alps as location? and did you hear the rumour that the villain will be Blofeld? Does all of that ring any bells? :))