SPECTRE Product Placement

Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
I was just reading the press release on yesterday's announcement. In the notes section it mentions promotional partners that are returning to the Bond franchise, including (I will list them as follows)

Aston Martin
Bollinger
Heineken
Jaguar Land Rover
Omega
Sony Electronics
Sony Mobile

There's a pretty good chance Fiat can be added to the list, given the media reports regarding the Rome shoot.

Please feel free to add to the list, post links to articles/videos concerning product placement in SPECTRE, or just comment on product placement in general. :)
Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Sony don't make computers anymore, so we won't see a Vaio again.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I'm betting Whiskas ;)
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Tom Ford and Crockett & Jones.
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Walther and HK :))
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Moore Than wrote:
    There's a pretty good chance Fiat can be added to the list, given the media reports regarding the Rome shoot.

I would be surprised if they would be a major partner given how FoMoCo has blocked everything out over the last few films (although the notable exception of Fiat Group's Alfa Romeos in QoS of course)
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Toymaker Hornby will sell model vehicles based on the new James Bond film, extending a tradition dating back half a century. Hornby has won the international licence to sell Corgi and Scalextric branded James Bond products with the new range to be displayed at the London Toy Festival 2015, the company said.

The FULL article.
    Hornby to sell James Bond Spectre merchandise
    http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/dec/05/hornby-james-bond-spectre-merchandise
  • GJDHGJDH Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Strong hints coming out of Boneville that they'll be supplying some outerwear. No idea what as yet!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Sony phone :#

Disappointed. They suck. :(
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Bearing in mind Sony don't make laptops any more does anyone know whether we will see Apple making an appearance?
    Let's be honest - if the Bond universe were real without the product placement necessary to make a film, 007 and the team would all use iPads, iMacs and iPhones.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    True. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Bearing in mind Sony don't make laptops any more does anyone know whether we will see Apple making an appearance?
    Let's be honest - if the Bond universe were real without the product placement necessary to make a film, 007 and the team would all use iPads, iMacs and iPhones.

I'm not sure...my father worked for the MOD...and I think they would be Windows based.

Apple's have only recently become 'mainstream'....(But then their security is better...so I could be wrong)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent

MacBooks are good equipment, but due to the fact that besides graphic designers, music producers etc, also a terrible group of people is using them(mostly hipsters and kids who have wealthy parents, just to show off - they're usually not able to fully benefit from Apple products) they will never include these in a 007 movie. The other thing is that the iOS is barely configurable in comparison to a Windows laptop or an Android phone. Bond would probably use a Dell, but I bet that either the VAIO Pro's are going to make appearance (the last ultrabook that was sold by Sony, I have one and it's definitely a good piece of machinery) or the new VAIO Corporation hardware will take the part.

As for the XPERIA's - I have the XPERIA T for two years now - never let me down and I'm very proud of it. Especially that the display has not cracked once, despite the fact that it met hard ground a couple of times. I'm looking forward to the next Bond phone.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

MacBooks are good equipment, but due to the fact that besides graphic designers, music producers etc, also a terrible group of people is using them(mostly hipsters and kids who have wealthy parents, just to show off - they're usually not able to fully benefit from Apple products) they will never include these in a 007 movie. The other thing is that the iOS is barely configurable in comparison to a Windows laptop or an Android phone. Bond would probably use a Dell, but I bet that either the VAIO Pro's are going to make appearance (the last ultrabook that was sold by Sony, I have one and it's definitely a good piece of machinery) or the new VAIO Corporation hardware will take the part.

As for the XPERIA's - I have the XPERIA T for two years now - never let me down and I'm very proud of it. Especially that the display has not cracked once, despite the fact that it met hard ground a couple of times. I'm looking forward to the next Bond phone.

Me too re the Exp T, great phone and totally underrated !
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Just found out that some of my company's products will be used to set-dress a psychotherapist's office in Spectre ...
    Predator wrote:
    Just found out that some of my company's products will be used to set-dress a psychotherapist's office in Spectre ...

ooooh... are you allowed to say what?

And a psychotherapists office.... mmmmm :v
    Lexi wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Best not at this stage ... ;)

They are logical for the scene ...
    Predator wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    Predator wrote:

Best not at this stage ... ;)

They are logical for the scene ...

Of course.... how exciting!

Keep us posted... when you can ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Predator wrote:

Looks like you could get yourself some genuine props ! :D
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Did not realise Sony finished in the laptop business

They do Tablets still though???
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Did not realise Sony finished in the laptop business

They do Tablets still though???

The XPERIA brand does, Sony VAIO ceased it's existence as it was bringing loses. From July 2014 there is a new company called VAIO Corporation, which is currently selling laptops for the Japan market only. Sony owns 5% of the shares so there is a chance they will make the cut in the movie.
    Belvedere, the luxury vodka brand, is the official vodka of SPECTRE. To kick off the partnership, Belvedere has created two (very large) 1.75l limited edition bottles, which it will showcase at a launch party at London's Film Museum tonight (December 15). The MI6 bottle pays homage to Bond's HQ, The second, more flashy bottle is called the 007 Silver Saber.

The FULL article.
    Belvedere Is Making Sure That James Bond Will Actually Drink A Vodka Martini In The New 'Spectre' Movie
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/belvedere-vodka-partners-james-bond-spectre-2014-12?r=US

bv_mi6bottle_black.jpg
    Damn it. In the past I was often claiming Belvedere is bad because for that price it isn't what it is supposed to be. In some reviews the vodka gets 3 stars out of 5. Smirnoff however isn't what it once was so I pretty much understand that choice.

Also I've heard a rumor that Mr Craig hates Polish people - if that were true I'm sure he wouldn't let choose Belvedere to be a Bond brand.

Time to change my mind I guess and check one of these out!
    I believe this can be taken as confirmation, and added to the list of brands already confirmed for SPECTRE.

From N.Peal website. "The film is to be called SPECTRE and naturally Bond has chosen a couple of N.Peal cashmere styles to wear in the film."

AUTUMN/WINTER CASHMERE COLLECTION
    http://www.npeal.com/
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    MrZareba wrote:

Also I've heard a rumor that Mr Craig hates Polish people - if that were true I'm sure he wouldn't let choose Belvedere to be a Bond brand.

Really? OMG...these rumours are SO ridiculous!! :s

Would love to know the context....hate is such a strong word....Craig is not that stupid.
    First I'd heard of it, this is probably an internet rumour. Started
    By some troll as a joke. 8-)

...it was probably started when Craig was staring in Defiance...and the fact that the film was deemed anti Polish :))

Completely taken out of context and twisted.

Mind you, I blame the idiots who believe this tosh, then spread it around :#
    Guardian article. Skyfall had deals with Coca Cola, Sony, Ford, Omega, Procter & Gamble and Heineken. But do these brands get their money's worth?......Heineken paid £28 million for the Skyfall tie-in, Macallan Whisky paid nothing at all.

The FULL article.
    A view to a sell: will Spectre's brands get the traditional Bond boost?
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2014/dec/16/view-to-a-sell-james-bond-product-placement-boost-profile

Bond-products-010.jpg
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Polish vodka is interesting...

Blofeld is Polish - born in Gdynia.
    Lexi wrote:

...it was probably started when Craig was staring in Defiance...and the fact that the film was deemed anti Polish :))

Yes, I believe I heard it back then! Well, hopefully it's a rumour, I know there are some actors like Burt Reynolds who once said that you can "fart out" the Polish anthem. So it would be deeply deppressing if one day I will meet Mr Craig, tell him I'm one of the biggest fans from Poland and he will immediately leave or something... He seems very grounded in the interviews so I hope he's a normal guy but you never know.

As for the Polish vodka Bond prefers Polish & Russian vodka in the novels so I guess it's a perfect match, especially that Smirnoff is nothing what it was back in 2008, Smirnoff Black is not a premium vodka anymore with a price tag of less than 10 pounds.