1,001

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Interesting story there, thanks TP.

1,002

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Motorsport.com: Red Bull to run James Bond-inspired livery at Silverstone.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- … 92269/amp/

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,003

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Do you remember when Bond gets poisoned in CR one of the types of poison mentioned was Digitalis? During the family Sunday quiz today i learnt that digitalis is made from Digitalis Purpurea, a plant that grows in the wild in Europe and many of you probably know it. In English it's called Foxglove or Ladies' Glove. It's very common around where I live under the name Revebjelle ("Fox's Bell"). In small doses it's a medicine.


https://comps.canstockphoto.ca/foxglove-digitalis-purpurea-picture_csp38471772.jpg

Last edited by Number24 (21st Jul 2019 13:49)

1,004

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Interesting N24,  cyanide  can be made from apple seeds and
Ricin can be made from the castor oil plant, or nicotine  from the
Tobacco  plant .
One of the benefits  Agatha Christie  had was she was a chemist and  knew about  All of these, .......... and more   ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,005

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Poisonous plants and serpents are very uncommon here, but I've been aware of Revebjelle all my life. I wonder why the plant is linked with foxes in both English and Norwegian?
The medicine Digitalis is used for treating heart conditions, so it makes sense that it cause heart failure in large doses.

1,006

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

I think the name Foxglove simply comes from its appearance: those flowers are just about the right size to be worn as gloves by a fox.


I remember learning about Foxglove in an ethnobotany class I once took, the plant grew all along the roadsides and trails on Vancouver Island.
My professor worked with the local Natives, documenting their traditional uses of vegetation (many medicinal). Something which elders were more likely to know than young folks (who of course care more about video games than what granny remembers), thus a need to document it while those who with the traditional knowledge were still alive.

A lot of modern medicine is derived from plants, and scientists know to test for it based on documention of traditional uses.
Taxol is another example, derived from the Pacific Yew.

Such medicinal products are a good argument for both maintaining ecological diversity, and traditional native cultures.




___________________
EDIT: factchecking my post, I found this page on Foxglove and its chemical properties, which may interest you Number24.

Last edited by caractacus potts (21st Jul 2019 16:36)

1,007

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thanks  ajb007/smile

1,008

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Mirror Online: Amanda Holden lost out on Bond girl role to Rosamund Pike after auditioning in her underwear.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- … d-18499654

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,009

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Oh, if I had a penny for every time I've been asked to screentest in my boxer shorts ……. I'dbe just as skint as I am now  ajb007/biggrin

1,010

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Mirror Online: Queen agreed to Olympics James Bond spoof immediately - said it was 'bit of a laugh'.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/q … d-18783414

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,011

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thunderpussy wrote:

Mirror Online: Amanda Holden lost out on Bond girl role to Rosamund Pike after auditioning in her underwear.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- … d-18499654

unfortunately I can't get to that article, I get a popup survey I refuse to click on.

But my question:
I've read the standard screen-test for every BondGirl is to read Natasha's lines from the hotel scene in From Russia With Love, is that true?
That's a pretty racy scene and immediately demands the actress be clad only in a ribbon and bedsheet, if performed "full costume" so to speak.
so ... do any of these screen-tests circulate?
_______________________




EDIT: Tatiana of course, a most embarassing typo

Last edited by caractacus potts (27th Jul 2019 15:18)

1,012

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

I think the scene between Bond and Vesper on the train in CR has been used in later years. Naomie Harries was screentested using that scene for the Moneypenny role.

1,013

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

caractacus potts wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

Mirror Online: Amanda Holden lost out on Bond girl role to Rosamund Pike after auditioning in her underwear.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- … d-18499654

unfortunately I can't get to that article, I get a popup survey I refuse to click on.

But my question:
I've read the standard screen-test for every BondGirl is to read Natasha's lines from the hotel scene in From Russia With Love, is that true?
That's a pretty racy scene and immediately demands the actress be clad only in a ribbon and bedsheet, if performed "full costume" so to speak.
so ... do any of these screen-tests circulate?

I've seen a number of screen test videos from the 1980s, and they always did the bedroom scene with Tatiana. I don't know if they still do that.

1,014

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Matt S wrote:

I've seen a number of screen test videos from the 1980s, and they always did the bedroom scene with Tatiana. I don't know if they still do that.

duh, Tatiana of course. I'm thinking of a different Russian spy with the surname Romanova, overwriting very important Bondfilm related braincells with silly Marvel Comics trivia.

so Matt where'd you see those screentests? which actreses?

1,015

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

caractacus potts wrote:
Matt S wrote:

I've seen a number of screen test videos from the 1980s, and they always did the bedroom scene with Tatiana. I don't know if they still do that.

duh, Tatiana of course. I'm thinking of a different Russian spy with the surname Romanova, overwriting very important Bondfilm related braincells with silly Marvel Comics trivia.

so Matt where'd you see those screentests? which actreses?

I've seen some on YouTube, some on the DVD documentaries. Maud Adams did it in the 1980s.

1,016

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

The Telegraph: Bond girl Naomie Harris shaken to find estranged family living down the road.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 … ily-years/

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,017

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Halle Berry drives a Aston Martin V8 Vantage! I'm not saying all is forgiven, but  little factoid helps  ajb007/bond


http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/mf/halle_berry_2_301211/halle-berry-leaves-in-a-black-aston_3666842.jpg

1,018

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

The Sun: Second ‘Peeping Tom’ on James Bond set slides camera under toilet door to film woman.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9 … -bond-set/

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,019

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

HN Entertainment: EXCLUSIVE: James Bond Actor Pierce Brosnan Joins Netflix Comedy ‘Eurovision’ Starring Will Farrell and Rachel McAdams.
https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-ja … l-mcadams/

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,020

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Page Six: Sean Connery's son settles clogged toilet case with neighbour.
https://pagesix.com/2019/08/08/sean-con … -neighbor/

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,021

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

The sort of case James bond would never end up in, but sir Sean ABSOLUTELY could have involved himself in  ajb007/biggrin

1,022

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Daily Mail: Daniel Craig takes a break from filming Bond 25 to watch Rugby World Cup warm-up match in Twickenham.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … oogle-news

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,023

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thunderpussy wrote:

Daily Mail: Daniel Craig takes a break from filming Bond 25 to watch Rugby World Cup warm-up match in Twickenham.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … oogle-news

Looking as fit as a Butchers Dog.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

1,024

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Daily Mail: Pierce Brosnan enjoys dinner with his 'lad' Jason Momoa after friendly golf game in Hawaii.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … oogle-news



Daily Mail: Sean Connery pre-James Bond at the 1953 Mr Universe competition in London.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ondon.html

Last edited by Thunderpussy (13th Aug 2019 07:36)

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,025

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thunderpussy wrote:

Daily Mail: Pierce Brosnan enjoys dinner with his 'lad' Jason Momoa after friendly golf game in Hawaii.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … oogle-news

Looks like PB is still a fan of the Seamaster.