1,151

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thunderpussy wrote:

British GQ: James Bond meets the Swinging Sixties in these classic Bond photographs by Terry O’Neill.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/g … ill-photos

What is Jill St John (Tiffany Case in Diamonds are Forever) doing on the set of On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the second picture?
Some interesting pictures, thanks for posting, Thunderpussy. I particularly like the Roger Moore contact sheets where it looks like he's cracking up while trying to look serious.

1,152

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Jellyfish wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

British GQ: James Bond meets the Swinging Sixties in these classic Bond photographs by Terry O’Neill.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/g … ill-photos

What is Jill St John (Tiffany Case in Diamonds are Forever) doing on the set of On Her Majesty's Secret Service in the second picture?
Some interesting pictures, thanks for posting, Thunderpussy. I particularly like the Roger Moore contact sheets where it looks like he's cracking up while trying to look serious.

I don’t think it is the OHMSS set. I think it’s a photoshoot unrelated to Bond.

1,153

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

British GQ: How to get Pierce Brosnan’s stellar 007 haircut.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/grooming/ … osnan-hair

1,154

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thunderpussy wrote:

British GQ: How to get Pierce Brosnan’s stellar 007 haircut.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/grooming/ … osnan-hair

Brilliant. 2 inches on the sides won't be a problem for me, but the 3-4 inches on top is going to be rather difficult...

1,155

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

If you want some extra inches on your head, just fall asleep at a student party  ajb007/embarrassed  ajb007/takecover

1,156

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

The Guardian: My favourite film aged 12: You Only Live Twice.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/a … live-twice

1,157

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Burt Reynolds as James Bond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foqeQM- … e=emb_logo

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

1,158

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

ajb007/cheers  Some of these "Deep Fake " videos are amazing  Also Burt would have
suited the early 70s Bonds with their big bellied sheriffs and crashing
Police cars.

1,159

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Daily Mail: Classic motorcycle ridden by George Lazenby has emerged for sale for £30,000.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … 0-000.html

1,160

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Have you considered naming this  thread The Daily Gleaner?

1,161

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

No but I have thought of
TP's big Organ ............ of news

1,162

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

1,163

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Who'd have thought it, a Guardian journalist doesn't like James Bond, specifically The Spy Who Loved Me. Memo to the writer: cracking a smile doesn't hurt the face:
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/a … ey-freeman

1,164

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

BIG TAM wrote:

Who'd have thought it, a Guardian journalist doesn't like James Bond, specifically The Spy Who Loved Me. Memo to the writer: cracking a smile doesn't hurt the face:
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/a … ey-freeman

This woman is ghastly. She writes all these negative connotations about Bond whilst admitting to NEVER have seen one single film...

She’s not a journalist, just stupid.

The name is Walker by the way.

1,165

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

She calls Timothy Dalton in 1989 "the winking Bond"  ajb007/lol

1,166

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

It's an opinion piece, and happily her opinion is wrong and doesn't matter  ajb007/biggrin
As I know what I like and need no one else's opinion on it  ajb007/tongue  Curiously I've
been watching a few Bond film reviews on YouTube and on the Dalton Bonds.
Not ONE Reviewer has mentioned his weeping or winking eyes  ajb007/lol

1,167

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Thunderpussy wrote:

It's an opinion piece, and happily her opinion is wrong and doesn't matter  ajb007/biggrin
As I know what I like and need no one else's opinion on it  ajb007/tongue  Curiously I've
been watching a few Bond film reviews on YouTube and on the Dalton Bonds.
Not ONE Reviewer has mentioned his weeping or winking eyes  ajb007/lol

That’s the point. How can you have an opinion of something, when you no not one thing about it... ajb007/confused

The name is Walker by the way.

1,168

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

To be honest August, It's never stopped me before ...  ajb007/embarrassed
..... I've been bluffing it here for years !   ajb007/biggrin

1,169

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Look what she used as a reference to inform her opinions on a film series she 's never seen:
The Man Who Saved Britain, Simon Winder, 2006!!!


This sort of a column is of a type I've seen before for music: the gag is to get some young person to listen to a revered Classic Rock album and give an honest opinion based on first listen.
Typically discussed on Classic Rock forums where everybody posting is of vintage Classic Rock age, the  discussion would not be any fun if the virgin listener actually liked the album: the more ignorant the review, the more heated the discussion, and all-importantly, the more webclicks for the site that posted the review in the first place.

I never seen such a thing published as legitimate journalism before, but legitimate journalism is increasingly following the same clickbait logic as the rest of the web.

1,170

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Number24 wrote:

She calls Timothy Dalton in 1989 "the winking Bond"  ajb007/lol

Someone who can't tell the difference between Timothy Dalton and a fish.  ajb007/lol

1,171

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

I'm sure there's a Higgins joke in that, somewhere.

1,172

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Perhaps on the keyboard  she got the I and A mixed up ?   ajb007/tongue

1,173

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Wanted to use this opportunity to shamelessly announce and promote my new Instagram-channel „TheBondArchives“.

I‘ve been collecting all things Bond since 19 years now and finally decided to show it to the public.
I‘m not hesitant to say it’s the largest private collection of Bond-stuff in Germany.

Would be happy about anyone hopping over, give me a follow and discover my collection, that is the size of one whole flat, along the way.  ajb007/cheers

The name is Walker by the way.

1,174

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Sounds good, AW. I'm not on Instagram (as yet, anyway) otherwise I'd certainly take a look.

1,175

Re: The 007 Scrapbook .

Congrats AugustWalker, I followed your collection. Looking forward to seeing your stuff. Do you collect non-clothing props?

Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.