Re: The Living Daylights - it just gets better and better...

Now I know you never allow facts to worry you, but

(1) I was the second (Chris was first).

(2) I'll leap to John Barry's defence every time (and have done so quite literally!)

(3) "that poor fella"  ??? From his chief insulter???

Barbel, you know that I love you  ajb007/heart

1. I was not only speaking about you and him when I mentioned the curse of the Timboys (admittedly he majorly criticized the score which you have defended  ajb007/biggrin )

Hope that he'll put a more comprehensive review a bit later - if his snakes did not kill him today  ajb007/biggrin

3. Chief Insulter? He's stupid, so I am more a reality-teller  ajb007/biggrin 
And he insults me more, I am quite modest compared to what I am really thinking about him  ajb007/biggrin

Yep, poor fella as the Timboys where after him. Though he may be too stupid to even realize that  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

ajb007/lol ajb007/lol

I must suggest a new entry to Loeffelholz:

Timboy as defined by Higgins- anyone who does not loathe TLD or LTK with every fibre of their being, raging every time the films or their star come up. Anyone who suggests that either film may possibly have some good points. Anyone who does not have Timothy Dalton at the very end of their preferred Bond list, no matter how low he may appear on said list.

hey, I was defending TLD's music and said in the other thread that LTK is better.

Don't you ever bring me near to your suggested me-making definition of a Timboy   ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

broadshoulder wrote:

Perhaps you will enjoy TLD when you older.

How old do you have to be?  It's already been 27 years since I first saw it  ajb007/insane

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Higgins wrote:

hey, I was defending TLD's music and said in the other thread that LTK is better.

Don't you ever bring me near to your suggested me-making definition of a Timboy   ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

Thanks for defending the score for TLD. In return, I'll support you slagging off the LTK score any time you call. ajb007/smile

(and of course I won't ask Loeffs to add my grossly exaggerated definition ajb007/lol )

broadshoulder wrote:

Perhaps you will enjoy TLD when you older.

Yeah, time to grow up a little for Asp9mm  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Barbel wrote:

In return, I'll support you slagging of the LTK score any time you call. ajb007/smile

Actually I quite like Kamen's work for the Robin Hood movie and parts of LTK.
But he over-exaggerates his themes and on repeated hearing it tends to annoy me - though his ideas are not really bad. Really bad it NSNA's score.

He's far away from the Master  but I see no reason for "slagging".

So you see, I find positive parts in the shitty movies called TLD and LTK, hey I am a highly-sophisicated and complex spirit  ajb007/biggrin  and not the blunt instrument that the Timboys try to draw of me  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Higgins (20th Dec 2014 19:04)

Barbel wrote:

Thanks for defending the score for TLD. In return, I'll support you slagging off the LTK score any time you call. ajb007/smile

I think Kamen's score for LTK is one of his worst scores ever.
But like pizza, even bad Kamen is still Kamen. I actually like it a bit, but I still wish Barry had done it.

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

A ruptured oesophagus prevented that.  ajb007/crap

I pretty much hated the score for Licence to Kill, though his rendition for the Bond theme was accetptable.  I pretty much felt the same way about his score for Die Hard, except for one part which I later found out came from James Horner.

Kamen's scores for Highlander & X-Men are two of my favourites of all time, so I can cut him some slack for his fairly generic (yes, that's ME using that word) LTK score.

Much as I agree re the LTK score, we've wandered off-topic. The TLD score is on-topic, so I'll say that at the time it was an improvement on the (still respectable) AVTAK score and at least Barry went out on a high.

Each to their own.  It's a better film than many.  I just wish he wouldn't have to blink back the tears so often, he could have been great if it wasn't for that.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Barbel wrote:

at least Barry went out on a high.

You typed "note" at the end there & then deleted it because it seemed awkward, didn't you? ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/wink

Honestly, no joke or exaggeration, I get chills listening to the score when I watch the movie. To me, for this particular Bond, it's sheer perfection. And I don't find it dated in the least.

Asp9mm wrote:

I just wish he wouldn't have to blink back the tears so often, he could have been great if it wasn't for that.

Higgins! Stop possessing members!! ajb007/mad

chrisisall wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

I just wish he wouldn't have to blink back the tears so often, he could have been great if it wasn't for that.

He would never admit to the fact that Timbo could have been great.

Asp9mm wrote:

He would never admit to the fact that Timbo could have been great.

But he used the Force to influence you re: the weepy eye thing! ajb007/lol

Hi. I'm a newbie and a little late in the game for this thread but I wanted to ditto the original post. I was 12 years old when TLD came out and I had just been introduced to the world of 007 because I kept watching this movie called AVTAK on HBO. I liked it quite a bit so when TLD opened I asked my mother to take me. I'll never forget that cinematic experience. I fell in love with TD as Bond and I have seen all the Bonds about a zillion times each. But TLD will always be my favorite and Dalton is my favorite Bond. Literally everything about that film gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.  Only CR has been able to match those feelings. 

TLD is the best Bond film IMHO. Music was Barry's best as was the car... i love that Aston!

Nice to see my feelings echoed here.

chrisisall wrote:

http://media.giphy.com/media/qs6ev2pm8g9dS/giphy.gif

chrisisall wrote:

But he used the Force to influence you re: the weepy eye thing! ajb007/lol

http://media.giphy.com/media/nXU1FF5HS2eFG/giphy.gif

Asp9mm wrote:

I just wish he wouldn't have to blink back the tears so often

When a fart-brain like him recognizes it, I wonder when the time of the Timboys comes to see it.
It's right there, just watch the movies!

ajb007/lol ajb007/lol ajb007/lol

I intend to, Kamal Kh... er, Higgins!

Higgins wrote:

When a fart-brain like him recognizes it, I wonder when the time of the Timboys comes to see it.

Oh, make no mistake. I see that glisten. It's the mark of a Human man FEELING something rather than a comfortable actor lolly-gagging about in a fun role. ajb007/lol

Barbel wrote:

Timboy as defined by Higgins- anyone who does not loathe TLD or LTK with every fibre of their being, raging every time the films or their star come up. Anyone who suggests that either film may possibly have some good points. Anyone who does not have Timothy Dalton at the very end of their preferred Bond list, no matter how low he may appear on said list.

http://i.imgur.com/2WS40st.jpg