151

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

Nice!!!  ajb007/cheers

The titles are awesome too, love the usage of white.

1. TWINE  2. FYEO  3. MR  4. TLD  5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS  7. DN  8. OP  9. AVTAK  10. TMWTGG  11. QoS 12. GE  13. CR  14. TB  15. FRWL  16. LTK  17. GF  18. SF  19. LaLD  20. YOLT  21. TND  22. DAD  23. DAF.

"If you'll forgive me, that's a little too scented for my palate."

152

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

Remington wrote:

Basically SF in the 90s. But actully entertaining and Bondian.

Totally! It irks me how SF gets all the critical acclaim for simply recycling elements from the widely panned Brosnan era.

TWINE might replace GE in my Top 5….it's definitely trending up with each viewing.

Check my instagram problemeliminator for 007 related posts


1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK

153

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

Firemass wrote:
Remington wrote:

Basically SF in the 90s. But actully entertaining and Bondian.

Totally! It irks me how SF gets all the critical acclaim for simply recycling elements from the widely panned Brosnan era.

TWINE might replace GE in my Top 5….it's definitely trending up with each viewing.


Saying this since I first saw SF, it's a badly done remake of TWINE with some GE in it (Trevelyan).

In SF little to nothing makes sense at all and the character development is a catastrophe. Bond, M, Q...

Dalton Rulez™

154

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Firemass wrote:
Remington wrote:

Basically SF in the 90s. But actully entertaining and Bondian.

Totally! It irks me how SF gets all the critical acclaim for simply recycling elements from the widely panned Brosnan era.

TWINE might replace GE in my Top 5….it's definitely trending up with each viewing.


Saying this since I first saw SF, it's a badly done remake of TWINE with some GE in it (Trevelyan).

In SF little to nothing makes sense at all and the character development is a catastrophe. Bond, M, Q...

I'm not entirely fond of TWINE (I have a review on it, but I would advise against watching it, my least favourite review so far)
but I can say that it was much better than Skyfall.
The Thames chase is much more iconic that the motorcycle chase over the grand bazaar and the office explosion in Skyfall was some rubbish CGI.
Skyfall is my least favourite of Craig's films and TWINE, in comparison, is third in my Brosnan-era ranking (with GoldenEye being Onatopp and TND second even if I enjoy all of his films).

a reasonable rate of return

155

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Saying this since I first saw SF, it's a badly done remake of TWINE with some GE in it (Trevelyan).

With stupid mummy issues too. Then Spectre has brother issues.

While TWINE has internal politics at least it doesn't ruin it by getting too into bullshi*, Bond is still largely detached and self-serving. He's in love with Elektra, respects M enough not to drag her too far through the muck and saves the world then sleeps with Christmas! Brilliant.

1. TWINE  2. FYEO  3. MR  4. TLD  5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS  7. DN  8. OP  9. AVTAK  10. TMWTGG  11. QoS 12. GE  13. CR  14. TB  15. FRWL  16. LTK  17. GF  18. SF  19. LaLD  20. YOLT  21. TND  22. DAD  23. DAF.

"If you'll forgive me, that's a little too scented for my palate."

156

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

heartbroken_mr_drax wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Saying this since I first saw SF, it's a badly done remake of TWINE with some GE in it (Trevelyan).

With stupid mummy issues too. Then Spectre has brother issues.

While TWINE has internal politics at least it doesn't ruin it by getting too into bullshi*, Bond is still largely detached and self-serving. He's in love with Elektra, respects M enough not to drag her too far through the muck and saves the world then sleeps with Christmas! Brilliant.

YES! Not my favourite Bond but still top 10 for me! ajb007/cheers

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

157

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

I don't do lists, but if I did: Top 5.

158

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

Barbel wrote:

I don't do lists, but if I did: Top 5.

ajb007/martini   ajb007/biggrin   ajb007/cheers

1. TWINE  2. FYEO  3. MR  4. TLD  5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS  7. DN  8. OP  9. AVTAK  10. TMWTGG  11. QoS 12. GE  13. CR  14. TB  15. FRWL  16. LTK  17. GF  18. SF  19. LaLD  20. YOLT  21. TND  22. DAD  23. DAF.

"If you'll forgive me, that's a little too scented for my palate."

159

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Firemass wrote:
Remington wrote:

Basically SF in the 90s. But actully entertaining and Bondian.

Totally! It irks me how SF gets all the critical acclaim for simply recycling elements from the widely panned Brosnan era.

TWINE might replace GE in my Top 5….it's definitely trending up with each viewing.


Saying this since I first saw SF, it's a badly done remake of TWINE with some GE in it (Trevelyan).

In SF little to nothing makes sense at all and the character development is a catastrophe. Bond, M, Q...

SF is my favorite Bond film but the obvious influence makes me appreciate the ideas and concepts first brought forward in TWINE and it remains one of my favorite Bond stories. So I recognize the similarities but they don't necessarily detract from my enjoyment of SF because I liked them in TWINE as well regardless of who did it better.

@ddspike21

160

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

I never realized Bond stole his Mr White / Altaussee look from one of Renard's henchmen  ajb007/wink

https://s2.postimg.cc/y25muzmmt/Unbenannt.jpg

"I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
"- That is something to be afraid of."

161

Re: Pros and Cons: The World Is Not Enough

Had a great time rewatching.

My criticism: Marceau's performance still underwhelms me.

I give the film a 9/10.

"Hostile takeovers.  Shall we?"
New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
1. TLD  2. TND  3. GF  4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
Bond actors to be re-ranked later