26

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

another positive aspect is Dalton's chemistry with Lowell.
Where his entire interaction with Kara is simply creepy, it's good to see him having a girl which is next to equal.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

27

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

I have always liked the Galco Falcon Shoulder Holster that James Bond (Timothy Dalton) wears for his Walther PPK in Licence To Kill. It looks amazing! It took me several years to find a similar gun holster like it, but I found one in the Ken Nulls SMZ! Pictures contained below.

28

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Higgins wrote:

another positive aspect is Dalton's chemistry with Lowell.
Where his entire interaction with Kara is simply creepy, it's good to see him having a girl which is next to equal.


wow, higgins said one positive thing about dalton.  i can die happily.

i agree that his relationship with kara was kinda paternal/condescending, but it was still more fulfilling than many of the moore era pursuits.

29

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

The difference is that Moore's relationships with far younger women was always "C'mon nobody believes that I'd really score this young chick" while Dalton with his pseudo-overall-serious approach makes it serious and really creepy...  ajb007/tongue

When seriously creepy is "more fulfilling" for yourself - I am not surprised  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

30

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Barbel wrote:

A well-balanced view, Higgins, kudos.

You know, Barbel,

it may look like my posts are just right out of my head, but these are actually result of week-long reflexions, yoga-lessons, cross-checks long-life experience and extraordinary intelligence!

It's a pretty complex process until AJB gets the honor to be blessed with my brilliance  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

31

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Pros: It's not TLD.

Cons: Dalton.

32

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Higgins wrote:
Blackleiter wrote:

Holy cow! So many pros for a Dalton Bond? From you???? ajb007/amazed

...and none of them has to do with Dalton himself  ajb007/tongue   ajb007/biggrin

Believe me, I noticed! ajb007/lol

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

33

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Dalton's performance is a big pro for me.

One of the biggest cons for me is Dalton's awful wardrobe. His suits fit even worse than the Skyfall suits being at least a full size too large, and the style is awful. It's typical late 80s/early 90: large shoulders, low button stance, low gorge. Many of the trousers throughout the film have triple reverse pleats. The colours of all of Dalton's clothes are pure Fleming, but the styles are not something an English gentleman would wear. He is dressed like a Florida playboy.

34

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

DUDES! This new member popped up at the MI6 site with loads of behind the scenes pictures from Licence To Kill (he was an extra in the Florida scenes), check it out:
http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p … st-1988/p1

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

35

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/732857/#p732857
Check out post 178, as always Moore Than had the scoop.  ajb007/lol
But brilliant photos and a great story of his time on location.  ajb007/martini

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

36

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Higgins wrote:
Barbel wrote:

A well-balanced view, Higgins, kudos.

You know, Barbel,

it may look like my posts are just right out of my head, but these are actually result of week-long reflexions, yoga-lessons, cross-checks long-life experience and extraordinary intelligence!

It's a pretty complex process until AJB gets the honor to be blessed with my brilliance  ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/lol  I do appreciate all of what you say, and it's clear that you haven't given a knee-jerk response but have distinguished the good points and the bad as you see them.

37

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Thunderpussy wrote:

as always Moore Than had the scoop.  ajb007/lol

ajb007/shifty I'll have my revenge...

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

38

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

.... In this life or the next !  ajb007/biggrin

Higgins being all sensible, was that an early April fool ?  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

39

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Thunderpussy wrote:

Higgins being all sensible, was that an early April fool ?  ajb007/wink

Of course. ajb007/lol

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

40

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Cons;

Lupe and her love for James
Della and her lust for James - she fancies him more than Leiter!
Wedding party music and dad-dancing by the pool
Dirty love music and the corny bar room brawl
"Things were about to turn Nast-ay"
End title music
Winking fish, yes I said winking!

Pros;

Everything else especially Sanchez

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

41

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Smithers500 wrote:

Winking fish, yes I said winking!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, that is a con.

42

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

The winking Fish is something that's never really bothered me  ajb007/smile

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

43

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Forget the poolside ceramic, THIS was worse IMO
http://www.bigflax.com/Movies/myob/images/neversayneveragain-wink.jpg
ajb007/lol

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

44

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

yep!  ajb007/martini

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

45

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

46

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Smithers500 wrote:

End title music

You mean "If You Ask Me To" by Patti LaBelle? That's a lovely song!

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

47

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

chrisisall wrote:

Forget the poolside ceramic, THIS was worse IMO
http://www.bigflax.com/Movies/myob/images/neversayneveragain-wink.jpg
ajb007/lol

Even I can't forgive that one! ajb007/crap

"Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

48

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

Blackleiter wrote:

Even I can't forgive that one! ajb007/crap

ajb007/lol  ajb007/martini

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

49

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

LTK is probably NOT one of the best movies from the entire series

Last edited by Higgins (4th Apr 2015 07:22)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

50

Re: Pros and Cons: License to Kill

I would disagree with you there Higgy  ajb007/shifty

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger