Re: The Bond Experience

Never Say Never Again Review

My son joins me in reviewing Never Say Never Again as we discuss the pitfalls, misses, and even merits of this film!

https://youtu.be/NqDwlylXxNA

https://i.postimg.cc/0z56bmy6/never-say-never.jpg

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

Great looking forward to watching this after work! ajb007/martini

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Interesting video to watch, because NSNA is a film that I have always struggled to get through. There are occasional moments that I like, but they are few and far between, and by the last third of the film I am always really bored and I stop watching. As a result it has been a really long time since I've seen the film all the way through.

My favourite moment has always been when Bond tricks the tough guy to hold that gadget that he claims is a bomb completely still while he does his thing with Largo and Domino, then comes back afterwards and gets it back from him. That really makes me laugh.

It was interesting that you watched the version that has the music replaced - I've never seen that version myself. Truly the music in the original is really bad, but I've also never had any real desire to see the film with official Bond music for two reasons... One - because I've always thought it would be quite distracting because I would spend the whole film identifying where the cues comes from. Two - I don't really want to see my beloved Bond soundtracks associated with this film that I dislike.  ajb007/crap

I’ve not seen David’s video yet but I was surprised to read there is a version of NSNA with the music replaced? For me Legrand’s insipid score has always been a major problem with this film, so I may well enjoy a revised version!

Smithers500 wrote:

I’ve not seen David’s video yet but I was surprised to read there is a version of NSNA with the music replaced? For me Legrand’s insipid score has always been a major problem with this film, so I may well enjoy a revised version!

I seem to recall that in the early 2000s there was a project known as 'Never Say McClory Again' which replaced the Legrand score with music from other Bond soundtracks. I only ever saw a few sample clips of this version. I would guess that this is probably the version that David was watching.

Ah interesting thanks.

NSNA and all the official Bond films are on Amazon Prime video. Surprised you didn't stream it for the authentic  ajb007/crap experience.

Another great video David, your son is as knowledgeable about movies as your daughter!

You are forgetting OHMSS though when Lazenby broke the fourth wall in the pre-title sequence. It’s interesting to see you preferred the film with the improved soundtrack and makes me wonder whether I’d prefer Goldeneye with a new score too.

The end of NSNA is bad, but say what you will, Connery’s wink to the audience is still miles better than the fish wink at the end of Licence to Kill...

All very good observations!  Forgot about the OHMSS break.....

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...

Fantastic review of the film! It's always great to see Ellis on the channel.

I watched this edit of the film with the music replaced with EON Bond music, and I thought it hurt the film more than the original music did. All it did was remind me of the better scenes where the music originally came from. I think that if the music had all come from one Bond film, like Thunderball, it would have at least given the film a consistent sound, but when the music comes from all over the Bond series it is very distracting and feels too fake.

What I can't believe is that this film is from the same director as The Empire Strikes Back.

David, Connery was one year older than you are now in NSNA, so that's what you have to look forward to next year.

Matt S wrote:

I watched this edit of the film with the music replaced with EON Bond music, and I thought it hurt the film more than the original music did. All it did was remind me of the better scenes where the music originally came from. I think that if the music had all come from one Bond film, like Thunderball, it would have at least given the film a consistent sound, but when the music comes from all over the Bond series it is very distracting and feels too fake.

Your description perfectly sums up what I've always feared seeing NSNA with an assortment of EON-Bond music edited in would be like. The disjointed, uneven musical style is something that I always felt would make it a frustrating experience. This is probably the main reason that I've never bothered to watch the 'Never Say McClory Again' version. Plus the fact that I would be constantly reminded of scenes from other Bond films.

By the way Love the xmas 007 top David ,  where can we get that ?
I have a few xmas functions coming up where xmas jumpers are a must and I really don't like them.
Yours is cool though  ajb007/bond

007 reporting for duty

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HoHo7-James-Bo … vJ86iw5keA

thanks david seems these are proving well popular since your vlog , only a small left everywhere  ajb007/lol
Managed to get a slightly different version in M too

007 reporting for duty

Joe darlington from being james bond loved the gift ideas buddy  ajb007/bond
some beauties there and great descriptions.

1 question though is the Tommy bahama shirt available ? I thought its out of stock ?

007 reporting for duty

chriscollins007 wrote:

Joe darlington from being james bond loved the gift ideas buddy  ajb007/bond
some beauties there and great descriptions.

1 question though is the Tommy bahama shirt available ? I thought its out of stock ?

TB Catalina shirt currently available in a stretch fabric with some slight stitching differences. The SA 100% silk version is expected to be rereleased next year.

thanks buddy thought so

007 reporting for duty

One day early for AJBers, here is my RgT No Time To Die Bond Garage Jacket Review and Brand Story...... what started out as a simple review evolved into a story from Karl, the owner and founder of RgT, where he discusses HOW his jacket wound up in a Bond film.  It's a journey of authenticity, happenstance, and a little luck....this is a longer video than our typical review but I think you will enjoy it! This will be for public view tomorrow.....

https://youtu.be/gxdg1bBsCmk

https://i.postimg.cc/0zp3R17P/rtg-jacket-review.jpg

David, as predicted a great interview with the very humble and likeable Karl. A fascinating insight into a family brand dropped head first into a global franchise.
Love the Tom Ford armhole comparison!

Thanks for the early viewing opportunity too DZ

Murder | Employment.

Thanks David, enjoyed that very much.

So nice to see and hear someone so genuine and connected with their business & customers - I love the fact they use a small family owned facility to sew the jackets.

Even more excited to receive my jacket now........I suspect it's been caught by customs (tax!) - wish it was was evasive as Bond.... ajb007/smile

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

Enjoy - its a cool jacket.  Been wearing mine all day!

Righty off to watch the video  ajb007/martini

Instagram - bondclothes007

Great video David, Karl seems like a great guy and I hope to see more of Rogue Territory associated with Bond ajb007/martini

Watched at breakfast - funny moment mentioning the Tsunami of orders coming Karls way  ajb007/biggrin

Sometimes you find the words, and sometimes the words find you....

ajb007/biggrin

welshboy78 wrote:

Watched at breakfast - funny moment mentioning the Tsunami of orders coming Karls way  ajb007/biggrin

People already taking advantage lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/36285318 … 1992431771

and he is selling the watch too  ajb007/insane

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333441212141?ul_noapp=true

Last edited by welshboy78 (17th Dec 2019 12:03)