Re: The Bond Experience

David, very nice video, and very thorough about the pros and cons of the boot. It's good looking, but I'd worry about the fragility of the crepe sole, especially since I don't believe that boot can be resoled. Makes you wonder how many pair Eon went through during production.

Where did you got that QoS Poster/Print in your office? I don't think I've ever seen it before. When can we expect the Royale peacoat review?

And now I wan't that Steve McQueen book. Dammit, David, your destroying my wallet!!!  ajb007/lol

http://www.amazon.com/William-Claxton-S … en+claxton

Westward_Drift wrote:

David, very nice video, and very thorough about the pros and cons of the boot. It's good looking, but I'd worry about the fragility of the crepe sole, especially since I don't believe that boot can be resoled. Makes you wonder how many pair Eon went through during production.

Where did you got that QoS Poster/Print in your office? I don't think I've ever seen it before. When can we expect the Royale peacoat review?

And now I wan't that Steve McQueen book. Dammit, David, your destroying my wallet!!!  ajb007/lol

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

The Mantis wrote:

New Video up....Review of the Spectre James Bond Sanders Chukka Boots.....  http://youtu.be/_wjRWzibSkc

great review David, you covered all my hopes and fears re the boot! Spoke to Sanders a few weeks ago and they knew nothing about the boot being in the film, although, I agree it certainly looks like the right ones. Am concerned re the sole though....

May try the outfit out with my ryder III's (once I get the outfit!)

Crepe soles are fine but do have limitations.  Don't drive in them though until the heel has been worn in and has rounded off slightly, otherwise you'll get that dreaded fold and bump in them and they won't wear down evenly after that.  They need walking in a lot outdoors just to get that new sharp heel edge rounded off which is what causes the problems when new.  Twisting on your heel to turn around on carpets can cause problems too if they aren't worn in a fair bit.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Good advice...will wear them around town first...

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...

Did I imagine it David or have you recently taken delivery of a Sinclair suit (presume Goldfinger)

Last day tomorrow gents to take advantage of Sinclairs offer and I'm heavily considering it

Instagram - bondclothes007

welshboy78 wrote:

Did I imagine it David or have you recently taken delivery of a Sinclair suit (presume Goldfinger)

Last day tomorrow gents to take advantage of Sinclairs offer and I'm heavily considering it

Sorry to hijack the post but picking my conduit cut suit up this Thursday, must say David Mason at Sinclair has been superb all the way through the process. It's a great experience, especially as their new building at 34 Montague Square has such a rich history.

Cheers

Nickp

Very cool Nick!

Unfortunately I can't go for a fitting!!!  Sizing looks bigger then my TF Suit measurements so tempted to grab one online and then go for some nip and tucks at a later date

Just awaiting an exchange of pants and then the video of the conduit suit will be a go...

Fingers crossed I can pick up my size tomorrow! I went to see David at 34 Montague Square today to try on the suit in both slim and regular fits before buying.  Also got to try on the cocktail cuff shirt which was very nice.

It was a real pleasure to chat with David about the business and his plans to develop the brand and their offerings.

What fabric did you guys swing for??  Sharkskin offer / Classic Goldfinger Prince of Wales etc

I'm going for the sharkskin offer

welshboy78 wrote:

What fabric did you guys swing for??  Sharkskin offer / Classic Goldfinger Prince of Wales etc

Sharkskin first, hopefully look at some other fabrics over the summer. I loved the regular cut of the suit, a true classic style and timeless.

Looking forward to David's review as his JV jacket was superb, ended up going on the pre order list for October.

Cheers

Nickp

Well I had a few emails from David Mason who was very helpful.  As I already have a TF Sharkskin suit I really wanted to swing for the Goldfinger however that would require a made to order.  He suggested that I purchase the ready to wear sharkskin to see if the suit fit is correct and use this as a guide for the Goldfinger as I can return it. 

Anyhow sorry for derailing the thread - I cannot wait for David Z's review on his Sinclair suit!!!!

David, obviously you test drove the JV suede jacket in a size Medium in your video, but I was just wondering if you settled for that one or upped to a Large?

I think I noticed you offered a medium size for sale somewhere and I'm a 40" chest too, so was wondering what your final choice for a good fit was...?

Medium is now my personal choice....a large would have been a wee big...

Who doesn't like free Bond stuff?

Thanks to our friends at Sunspel and Coca Cola we have some amazing prizes for our TBE Summer Contest!

We have three separate prize packs:

#1 Sunspel Riviera Shirt, Sunspel Thunderball inspired bathing suit, and a rare Coke Promotional Box

#2 Sunspel Riviera Shirt, Sunspel Chinos, and a rare Coke Promotional Box

#3 Sunspel Riviera Shirt, Boxer short set, and a rare Coke Promotional Box!

So how do you win one of these three amazing gift packs? It's quite simple...

1) Have a picture taken of yourself in a Bond Experience. It could be you holding a prop, or you in an outfit, or you doing something Bond-like, or you standing next to a Bond car, or you in a Bond location...you get the drift. You can submit older pics of course.
2) Post the picture as a reply to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/thebondexperience) in the post pertaining to this contest. You can submit up to 3 pictures at any time during the contest.
3) A secret panel of judges will use hidden criteria to make the three choices by the end of August.
4) Check back often to see the other entries.

This should be fun, and is the first of several competitions we will be having leading up to the SPECTRE premiere....let the games begin!

For more information on Sunspel or to see better pictures of these items, please go to www.sunspel.com
http://s27.postimg.cc/i1jktsej3/contestimage.jpg

Excellent stuff, David  ajb007/martini

I don't Facebook - but good luck to those that do  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

I don't Facebook either. Good luck for the rest who do.

For those that are not on FB, you can also send your pics to david@thebondexperience.com, as long as it's ok to post them?  I can keep any names out, but then you will be in the contest...

A video explaining the contest in more detail!  https://youtu.be/PvyDMj_M0FU

Sounds great! I'll be sending my 3 pics via email.

awesome david , now racking my brains  ajb007/bond style

007 reporting for duty

Some great pics being sent in already!

Just uploaded my pic on the FB page