Kanye West - Diamonds From Sierra Leone

Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
I think Kanye did a good job at translating Bassey's song to a different genre, making it an upbeat song. Aside from the minivan line, he does a good job lyrically. I felt like this video personified Bassey's dark chilling but catchy song and the concept more than the actual campy Diamonds Are Forever movie did. And Kanye gave a heartier performance than Connery did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92FCRmggNqQ

Comments

• hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I love this song!
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    In the official remix, Jay Z raps "I'm not a business man - I'm a business, man." Wow.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    IM sorry but any reference or referral to Kanye West here on AJB has no place , I cant stand him or his Kardashian brain dead family
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I was starting this discussion to compare the darker Diamonds concept on his video, especially near the beginning, compared to the more silly James Bond movie.

Kanye does have ego and entitlement issues but no more than Sir Sean.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    nope ,still cant stand him :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Me neither. So obnoxious. X-(
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Not to mention pretentious!
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Not to mention pretentious!

That too, all superlatives are open season on that waste of space. X-(
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although it must be nice to have that level of confidence in yourself, that
    you do actually believe that you are the best, singer, performer, man the
    World has ever or will ever know. :D
    Reminds me of the story of ancient Rome when Caesar, would have an
    Employee to follow him around and whisper in his ear " You are not a God" ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    His recent Comments at Glastonbury have made me hate him even more X-(
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I agree Kanye is egotistical and delusional at times, but I don't think he's a bad guy at all, and he gets a little too much hate. In fact, I'd say he loves the negative attention, as much as everyone else loves to have someone on the television they can scream at.

I don't think Kanye is any less self-absorbed than Axl Rose, who seems to get a pass for some reason.
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    IM sorry but any reference or referral to Kanye West here on AJB has no place , I cant stand him or his Kardashian brain dead family

+1. Kanye? No ye Kante!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,052Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:

+1. Kanye? No ye Kante!

If it's in context, and the OP is, then it's ok and in place. And no, I can't stand them either! :))