Re: What are you Currently Reading?

Only A Week from Today now  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

I'm currently listening to the Great Gatsby. Having just finished an audio course about the history of London.

1. Ohmss   2. Frwl   3. Op   4. Tswlm   5. Tld   6. Ge  7. Yolt 8. Lald   9. Cr   10. Ltk   11. Dn   12. Gf   13. Qos   14. Mr   15. Tmwtgg   16. Fyeo   17. Twine   18. Sf   19. Tb   20 Tnd   21. Spectre   22 Daf   23. Avtak   24. Dad

I've started to go through the Indiana Jones Novels again. There decent Reads, and it's best to think of them As continuations of the Films  ajb007/martini

1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger

AlphaOmegaSin wrote:

I've started to go through the Indiana Jones Novels again. There decent Reads, and it's best to think of them As continuations of the Films  ajb007/martini

I love the Indy books! From the ones I read Dance of Giants was my favourite.

Just started Trigger Mortis.  ajb007/wink  so far it seems very good.  ajb007/martini

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

I'm concurrently reading James Bond, The Legacy by John Cork, Shoot to Kill (Young Bond) and the most current MI6 Magazine that spotlights GE.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

I'm about to start re-reading Thunderball - always one of my favourites...

Yes.  One of my favourites too.  ajb007/martini

In the final third of Trigger Mortis.  Enjoying it so far, starts off very Fleming in style (though I  think this Bond does not drink and eat as much as Flemings Bond)

Instagram - bondclothes007

welshboy78 wrote:

In the final third of Trigger Mortis.  Enjoying it so far, starts off very Fleming in style (though I  think this Bond does not drink and eat as much as Flemings Bond)

I must say that I'm a bit keen to read this one.  I've heard many good things about it and even Simon Schama appears to rate it highly...

Im no big reader or Fleming expert but so far its very good and I hope it doesnt trail off in the final third

Instagram - bondclothes007

Only my opinion, but for me the last third read more like
a John Gardner novel. Although still tremendously exciting.

Thunderpussy wrote:

Only my opinion, but for me the last third read more like
a John Gardner novel. Although still tremendously exciting.

I just got my copy of TM in the post! A nice present to find in the box after a hard day of work! And I have tomorrow OFF!! I can't wait to read it! ajb007/martini

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

I hope you enjoy it.  ajb007/martini

Thunderpussy wrote:

I hope you enjoy it.  ajb007/martini

I just read a few lines, I like it already! ajb007/biggrin

I've just started reading it again.  ajb007/wink ( in case I missed something ).

Thunderpussy wrote:

I've just started reading it again.  ajb007/wink ( in case I missed something ).

A re-read already?
This bodes well for my own positive reading experience I think. ajb007/cool

"The Lady in the Lake," by Raymond Chandler, circa 1943. A way of recalibrating/centering the bubble.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Good one, Loeffs, I would say that's maybe my favourite Chandler novel.... except they're ALL my favourites! (except maybe Playback and that's still pretty good).

Out of interest guys, how do they read today ? Very dated in style or
was he ahead of the game ?

I'd say the time period they're set in is part of the charm- if you enjoy film noir you'll enjoy Chandler- and his style is unbeatable (though many have tried: some very successfully http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Ashes-Deb … 003XIJ6IS).

Yes, I must add it to my collection of AJB authors. I've
Got " TheSecretAgent's" book, and will be adding " Stag's"
So that should keep me going for a while.  ajb007/wink

Barbel wrote:

I'd say the time period they're set in is part of the charm- if you enjoy film noir you'll enjoy Chandler- and his style is unbeatable (though many have tried: some very successfully http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blood-Ashes-Deb … 003XIJ6IS).

Bless you, sir  ajb007/embarrassed  To say I'm flattered by that is a gross understatement. Chandler is definitely one of Jade's several fathers, which include Spillane, Hammett...and Fleming, naturally  ajb007/cool 

TP: Chandler is such an artist with his prose that it literally transcends time, at least for me. I had the great good fortune to find a Chander omnibus that includes his first four Philip Marlowe novels: 'The Big Sleep,' 'Farewell, My Lovely,' 'The High Window' and 'The Lady in the Lake.' I read them in order, but it isn't necessary as they are all completely standalone. You won't regret the time you give to Chandler.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller

I'll definitely  check him out, after Blood & Ashes.

Thank you, sir! I hope you enjoy it  ajb007/cheers