Re: Spectre - what next? ***SPOILERS***

I hope he has a contract to do at least one more  ajb007/martini  two more would be fantastic  ajb007/cheers

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

I agree.  A three story Spectre arc would be a fantastic way to bring Craig's tenure to a close.

In most interviews I've seen or read, looks like DC is coming back for the next one. I mean, they can use someone else, but if he doesn't come back and finish the sequel to SPECTRE it will be disappointing.

The whole time in the theater last night I was just hoping that they weren't going to kill off Blofeld. Someone heard my prayers and kept the bloke alive long enough.

1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
"I never joke about my work, 007."

The villain's lair in what looks like a Volcano ( well crater, in the film)
Is a pretty big homage to YOLT as well.  ajb007/wink

It would be cool if they did a Blofeld trilogy, or 2 parter, and included the poisoned garden from the YOLT novel. I'm not sure how this would work in the Craig timeline, maybe just a reference to it, not necessarily the main set-piece at the end of the film.
Also, if they followed the cliff-hanger at the end of the book and had bond lose his memory, people would probably say it's copying the Bourne films. That would be ironic.
Either way I think Waltz's Blofeld should move away from the petty hurt son routine, which didn't really ring true for me and turn into the 'collector of death'.

"I cannot reach what serves you for a mind." - Ernst Stavro Blofeld

I think they need to film Bond 25 and 26 back to back, so they can put out 25 in say 2018/19 and get 26 out for 2020.

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

In a way though have we not had the Blofeld trilogy plus one as Blofeld was behind everything that has happened since CR ajb007/smile

superdaddy wrote:

In a way though have we not had the Blofeld trilogy plus one as Blofeld was behind everything that has happened since CR ajb007/smile

No Blofeld trilogy will end with Blofeld alive, and in captivity  ajb007/wink

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

In my own fantasy Bond film world I'd like to see BOND 25 feature Emily Blunt as a female 00-agent named Vivienne Michel - a nice nod to the book of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME. This could offer some sparky spy vs spy banter. With Bond having seemingly jacked it all in at the end of SPECTRE he could now be working back in the Navy (a nice opportunity to see Craig in a Naval Commander uniform) & through some action-packed incident could be drafted back into the service - perhaps he's been covertly working for M all along. I'd like to see Cillian Murphy & Andrea Riseborough as a kinky husband & wife killer couple called Mr & Mrs Spang (a cheeky nod to the Spang Brothers from the book of DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER), a sexy femme fatale named Gala Brand, Christoph Walz's Blofeld being broken out of a high security prison, the return of Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter & a Big Climax featuring a battle between armies. The possibilities are endless & marvellous. Make BOND 25 Craig's YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE & then start things afresh with BOND 26 & a new actor as 007. But no more reboots - they're unnecessary.

That does not sound all that bad.

Madeline Swann is gonna get Tracied.

Three years after the end of Spectre we'll catch up with a James Bond that has left MI6 and is enjoying his new life with Madeline. The inciting incident will be Madeline's murder by way of a mysterious assailant named Shatterhand. This will lead Bond on a personal vendetta against Madeline's killer. He breaks into an old MI6 safehouse and steal something that gets him back on the radar of MI6. This creates the MI6 vs. fugitive Bond dynamic we've seen many times before, since Bond is basically operating outside the system with no regard for anything but revenge. So it will be M's responsibility to bring Bond in.

Eventually, Bond tracks Shatterhand to Japan, and discovers that Shatterhand actually works for Blofeld, who still controls SPECTRE from behind bars. Bond kills Shatterhand in some sort of dramatic fight, and sets his sights on Blofeld himself. Blinded by rage, Bond wants to do what he believes he should have done three years ago, finish Blofeld for good.

This is where our two plot lines converge, MI6 vs. fugitive Bond, and Bond's personal quest for revenge. Bond plans to break into the top secret government facility where Blofeld is being held, and kill him. To do this he has to go up against MI6 agents trying to stop him. Bond ends up playing directly into Blofeld's hands, and by breaking into the facility to kill Blofeld, he unintentionally allows Blofeld to escape. So basically Blofeld's plan was to play with Bond's emotions in order to engineer his own escape from prison. Bond is ultimately the one to free Blofeld.

Bond gets taken into custody by MI6 but escapes and continues his pursuit of Blofeld. He tracks Blofeld to the new SPECTRE base, and uncovers his endgame, whatever that may be. Throughout the final part of the film Bond works to set right what he has done, take Blofeld down, and stop his evil scheme.

Last edited by Timothy Dalton (7th Nov 2015 00:07)

Loeffelholz wrote:
superdaddy wrote:

No Blofeld trilogy will end with Blofeld alive, and in captivity  ajb007/wink

yolt,OHMSS and daf spring to mind and dn, Frwl and Thunderball all featured Blofeld so that's 2 trilogy's he's survived ajb007/lol

The first three is fair (though he was presumed dead)...and the second three don't qualify  ajb007/tongue

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller

ajb007/lol

ajb007/shifty   ajb007/lol

i would rather have them start fresh with a regular new mission , and with madeleine gone without being mentioned, but they already made it clear that bond quit

I am having a hard time that they would bother getting lea seydoux or christoph waltz back on callback for the next film, for whatever reason. I know daniel wants to do it.

I think when Craig goes, a soft reboot is in order. I don't want to see the new Bond start as a new agent, but we should not be made to assume that the events of the Craig films happened to the new Bond. Craig's Bond has had a good arc, and while SPECTRE had some flaws, it would be a perfect way to bookend his tenure.

Miles Messervy wrote:

I think when Craig goes, a soft reboot is in order. I don't want to see the new Bond start as a new agent, but we should not be made to assume that the events of the Craig films happened to the new Bond. Craig's Bond has had a good arc, and while SPECTRE had some flaws, it would be a perfect way to bookend his tenure.

I hope they will keep the same actors for M, Q and maybe Moneypenny and Tanner after Craig leaves. The next Bond should have his own story unrelated to Craig's, but I think it should be believable that it the events of Craig's Bond could have happened in the past.

I really don't want another Bond films that's going to say "What happened in the last film wasn't what you really think it was, and we're gonna go back and revisionize the previous stories just to make this story look really cool".  And I don't think they can do a 2nd Blofeld trilogy without doing that.

Be a shame to completely lose what was built the last four films with M, Q and Moneypenny. However considering the Craig films follow a story arc I have a hunch when Bond is recast, everyone else will be too. I  can't picture someone like Tom hardy Idris Elba or Henry Cavill just stepping into Craig's Bond world the way Moore transitioned from Connery.
I'd hope Craig comes back for more, but I'd much rather the next film be a stand alone regardless of whether Blofeld/Spectre returns.

Q, M and Moneypenny were excellent.  I hope they recast Craig and keep them.

They wont be able to keep ESB in jail. Remember what Mr. White said ''He's Everywhere!'' The future sub plot will be when Blofeld escapes Bond will be regretting he had the bastard dead to rites and didn't kill him. All future ESB related mayhem will be on Bond's conscience.

It will be as hard to get ESB, behind bars as it is to get Tony Blair there !  ajb007/biggrin

I do believe that Craig will return for at least one more film.

But -- and I"m not being entirely snarky with this -- it will depend on what other films have done.  The Craig films have, more or less aped the character arc of the Nolan Batman films.  So, if there's some other way to do this, I wouldn't be surprised if it was so.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the next Bond film hardly even links to this one.  Madeline Swann is simply out of the picture and Bond is called back to duty for some reason.  Hopefully it won't be because the secret service is once again being threatened.  If Waltz does not wish to return, they could easily just not even address Blofeld at all, as presumably he is already in prison.  Even if he does, the choices the producers make don't seem to be guided in what might be considered a natural conclusion.

Gassy Man wrote:

I do believe that Craig will return for at least one more film.

But -- and I"m not being entirely snarky with this -- it will depend on what other films have done.  The Craig films have, more or less aped the character arc of the Nolan Batman films.  So, if there's some other way to do this, I wouldn't be surprised if it was so.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the next Bond film hardly even links to this one.  Madeline Swann is simply out of the picture and Bond is called back to duty for some reason.  Hopefully it won't be because the secret service is once again being threatened.  If Waltz does not wish to return, they could easily just not even address Blofeld at all, as presumably he is already in prison.  Even if he does, the choices the producers make don't seem to be guided in what might be considered a natural conclusion.

Good points  ajb007/martini  If they do leave ESB alone for a picture or two, they could have him escape to be pursued by a recast Bond lead...and if some time has gone by they could equally recast ESB.

That said, I envision Craig and Waltz will be back for #25...but I pray Eon resists the temptation to reimagine the last scene of OHMSS, and make it a revenge vehicle  ajb007/mad  Enough of that, already...

Last edited by Loeffelholz (8th Nov 2015 02:04)