Re: Bond's flat in SPECTRE

I can't remember but Bond isn't wearing a bath robe so it may be hanging over the door but it is only the lounge we see, not the bedroom or bathroom if I recall.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

sniperUK wrote:

I have a problem with it, to put it in Navy terms it's not "Squared Away"  with his background everything should be in it's place, drilled in from Dartmouth, on ships and in the mess. Stuff lying around not very efficient.

Did Bond go to Dartmouth, from my memory of YOLT, his obit said he joined a branch of the MOD and was awarded naval officer ranks to be able to conduct his confidential work.....

He is wearing the bath robe as he opens the box of Skyfall contents.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

If nothing else surely May would have kept it in better shape than this?

CmdrAtticus wrote:
sniperUK wrote:

I have a problem with it, to put it in Navy terms it's not "Squared Away"  with his background everything should be in it's place, drilled in from Dartmouth, on ships and in the mess. Stuff lying around not very efficient.

From the stills I've seen it seems as though he had just acquired it and is just in the middle of moving things in.  I'm sure he would have everything squared away when he would have the time.

Well, when you watch the movie, you'll see why that's not true  ajb007/biggrin

He's just got more important things to do...

MrZareba wrote:

I haven't seen the movie yet so I just wanted to ask: was the scene with Bond in a bath robe included in the movie or not?

Yes, he does. Albeit briefly,

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

If we cast our minds back to SF ,M tells Bond,that due to his death ,all his belongings ie his flat had been disposed of ,So in my book ,Bonds flat in SP ,looks very much just moved in ,havnt had time to get new furniture ect ect .As sniperuk says ,Bond ,from his naval and also his public school days ,all his belongings would all be squared away ,it would be second nature to him .So I think he has just moved in shall  we say.

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

always shaken wrote:

If we cast our minds back to SF ,M tells Bond,that due to his death ,all his belongings ie his flat had been disposed of ,So in my book ,Bonds flat in SP ,looks very much just moved in ,havnt had time to get new furniture ect ect .As sniperuk says ,Bond ,from his naval and also his public school days ,all his belongings would all be squared away ,it would be second nature to him .So I think he has just moved in shall  we say.

Well, we don't know how long S and SP is, but Moneypenny asks him point blank... on entering his flat
"just moved in" which he replies, quite clearly, "no!"

Why do people not understand that getting, or decorating a flat might not seem important...???

This Bond is not the pedantic, squared away type, he's got more important things to do.... is that really so hard for people to accept?  ajb007/rolleyes

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Lexi wrote:
always shaken wrote:

Well, we don't know how long S and SP is, but Moneypenny asks him point blank... on entering his flat

Why do people not understand that getting, or decorating a flat might not seem important...???

This Bond is not the pedantic, squared away type, he's got more important things to do.... is that really so hard for people to

accept?  ajb007/rolleyes

I don't personally care ,if he has or has not just moved in ,likes living in a mess ,living very Spartan ,ect ect
a question was asked ,and I gave my view  ajb007/biggrin but as I said in a different thread ,being a AJB er has to a degree ruined watching
the Bond films ,as now I just automatically dissect every scene ,instead of just sitting there and enjoying the film . ajb007/smile

always shaken wrote:
Lexi wrote:
always shaken wrote:

This Bond is not the pedantic, squared away type, he's got more important things to do.... is that really so hard for people to

accept?  ajb007/rolleyes

I don't personally care ,if he has or has not just moved in ,likes living in a mess ,living very Spartan ,ect ect
a question was asked ,and I gave my view  ajb007/biggrin but as I said in a different thread ,being a AJB er has to a degree ruined watching
the Bond films ,as now I just automatically dissect every scene ,instead of just sitting there and enjoying the film . ajb007/smile

Yes, but it's actually STATED in the film....

that is what I'm struggling with.... it can't get much clearer.  ajb007/crap

ah was it ,I might have been in the loo at that time  ajb007/smile I will try to catch it 2nd time around,

always shaken wrote:

ah was it ,I might have been in the loo at that time  ajb007/smile I will try to catch it 2nd time around,

I'm sure you'll catch it, the next time round.  ajb007/smile

its those 2 gallon buckets of coke you get in the cinema ,they go right through you, I should know better at 56 . ajb007/biggrin

always shaken wrote:

its those 2 gallon buckets of coke you get in the cinema ,they go right through you, I should know better at 56 . ajb007/biggrin

Well once you've drunk the 2 gallon bucket of coke, you've then got an empty 2 gallon bucket so you don't need to go to the loo  ajb007/biggrin

I love the scene in the flat. Especially as he has leather sofas and stripped wooden floors with no carpet. They could have been filming at my place! Hahahahaha

IanT wrote:
always shaken wrote:

Well once you've drunk the 2 gallon bucket of coke, you've then got an empty 2 gallon bucket so you don't need to go to the loo  ajb007/biggrin

The last 30 minutes of the film were painful for me to,I started thinking Jeez this is a long film, not because I was bored but...

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

IanT wrote:
always shaken wrote:

You made my day ajb007/biggrin But it's true, even me (and I'm 24 not 56!) I stopped buying coke in cinema because I am sure as hell that I will skip a few minutes of every movie because of it. :< On the other hand - Bond would never order a COKE or anything else probably, which makes me similar to 007. So I got that going for me, which is nice.  ajb007/lol

MrZareba wrote:

Bond would never order a COKE or anything else probably, which makes me similar to 007. So I got that going for me, which is nice.  ajb007/lol

Except in his Mount Gay rum in CR (which incidentally is the only way I drink Coke now)

IanT wrote:
MrZareba wrote:

Bond would never order a COKE or anything else probably, which makes me similar to 007. So I got that going for me, which is nice.  ajb007/lol

Except in his Mount Gay rum in CR (which incidentally is the only way I drink Coke now)

Well technicaly he order a Mount Gay with soda... Which makes me wondering - since soda is a term used commonly to describe Coca-Cola in the US but in Europe it means sparkling water (I guess?) - has Bond received a drink he didn't want in the end? ajb007/biggrin

MrZareba wrote:

Well technicaly he order a Mount Gay with soda... Which makes me wondering - since soda is a term used commonly to describe Coca-Cola in the US but in Europe it means sparkling water (I guess?) - has Bond received a drink he didn't want in the end? ajb007/biggrin

You're right, he does order a Mount Gay with soda.  But in my opinion, it looks too dark, so I reckon he got Coke in it.  But I may be wrong.  Usually am.  Don't care though, coz I'm happy.  ajb007/biggrin

MrZareba wrote:

I haven't seen the movie yet so I just wanted to ask: was the scene with Bond in a bath robe included in the movie or not?

Sir Miles answered above. It is seen but very briefly.

Not wanting to start another reference idea but ......
... I remember watching Moonlighting ( I was a big fan) and in one episode
They showed. David Addison's ( Bruse Willis) Flat.  Which was completely
empty except for a TV, a chair and a Bed.  ajb007/biggrin

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

I took his reply of "no" as almost sarcastic, as if to say "why would you ask that?" although it is obvious he had just moved in.  Just my take on it.

IanT wrote:
always shaken wrote:

The last two times I've seen it, I hit the bathroom right after the car chase  ajb007/embarrassed  ...because I know the next bit is political expo w/M & C...

I do hope we see his flat a bit more squared away at some point  ajb007/wink

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Thunderpussy wrote:

Not wanting to start another reference idea but ......
... I remember watching Moonlighting ( I was a big fan) and in one episode
They showed. David Addison's ( Bruse Willis) Flat.  Which was completely
empty except for a TV, a chair and a Bed.  ajb007/biggrin

I remember that episode - I think it was when Maddie showed up. Her first time there. Great show!

Chri360936 wrote:

I took his reply of "no" as almost sarcastic, as if to say "why would you ask that?" although it is obvious he had just moved in.  Just my take on it.

My thoughts exactly.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”