Had no idea who Christoph Waltz was before Spectre.

A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
Had no idea who Christoph Waltz was before watching Spectre, so had no hopes or expectations, whereas others were overjoyed, inspired choice etc.

Now since Spectre, having caught a couple of Waltz's performance for curiosity, they were so much better and menacing than Spectre I feel - moreso as playing the mastermind Bofeld who is the evilest of then all, i didn't find that menacing.

For those that followed his performances chronologically, did he get better and live up to his hype? or anybody else not know who he was?

Comments

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I always enjoyed his performances-there is something comical about him, this menacing chuckle.
    I do hope he'll be back and we will see more of him!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I love him as a actor, he gives a great villain. ;) although I think he
    underplayed it a little in Spectre. I'm guessing to outwit those critics
    just waiting to go on about his " over the top performance " :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I also think he underplayed it but maybe on purpose due to past performances (e.g. to avoid his "jew hunter" tag kind of thing from his Tarantino days)

I went in to the cinema deep down knowing he must be Blofeld but had successfully avoided confirmation. I thought "C" might have been the twist and become Blofeld somehow
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    If I'm not mistaken, Waltzs character in Django isn't a villain. Waltz puts in a great performance in Django Unchained.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    Must say if it hadn't been for Spectre if like me you've not seen Inglorious Thingys, or Django then don't think too many people would have heard of him either.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    He made his part as Blofeld in Spectre his own. He was really sinister. His German accent helped too.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent
    people probably already know whether they like Tarantino or not
    if you dont like swearing (including the n-bomb) or very graphic, stylised violence, you wont like Tarantino

that said, I highly recommend his last two films with Waltz, theyre very good
    Waltz was brilliant as the Gestapo agent in Inglorious Basturds, and almost as good as the "good guy" bounty hunter in Django
    he's got this whole hypnotic soft spoken charm thing that freezes his victims in their tracks and ensures their doom is inevitable

also Tarantino has turned out to be a good action film director, since Kill Bill, not just an art film director who references action films
    he's especially good at the Leone-esque mexican standoff scenario
    Waltz's hypnotic charm is perfect for amping up that mexican standoff tension
    even if you cant deal with bad words and blood and gore, I gotta recommend them, especially if you want to know who Waltz really is, these are two beautifully made films and very clever

unfortunately nothing Waltz did in SPECTRE came close to that level of creepiness, and the "surprise" bad guy in SPECTRE is supposed to be the baddest of them all