Topic: Best actor-film combination

This thread is about listing best actor-film combination from the actor's tenure. Below is the format:

Bond Actor - Film that suited him perfectly and the actor also rose to the occasion (and your favorite film from the actor's tenure)

1. Connery - GF (FRWL)
2. Lazenby - OHMSS (OHMSS)
3. Moore - TSWLM (TSWLM)
4. Dalton - LTK (TLD)
5. Brosnan - TWINE (TND)
6. Craig - CR (SP)

ajb007/cheers

Re: Best actor-film combination

1.Connery - Thunderball
2.Lazenby - which one could it be ajb007/smile
3.Moore - Octopussy
4.Dalton - Licence to Kill
5.Brosnan - Die Another Day
6.Craig - Spectre

"You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

1. Connery - FRWL (FRWL)
3. Moore - FYEO (FYEO)
4. Dalton - LTK (TLD)
5. Brosnan - TWINE (TWINE)
6. Craig - SP (SP)

HatThrowingHenchman wrote:

2.Lazenby - which one could it be ajb007/smile

We still list GL so that he doesn't feel left out (who knows he could be reading the thread) ajb007/lol

Matt S wrote:

3. Moore - FYEO (FYEO)

Moore performed well in FYEO  ajb007/smile  .... But would someone like Dalton been more suitable for the role?  Or do you think that the role required an all-rounder such as Moore to balance the range nicely?

am747 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

3. Moore - FYEO (FYEO)

Moore performed well in FYEO  ajb007/smile  .... But would someone like Dalton been more suitable for the role?  Or do you think that the role required an all-rounder such as Moore to balance the range nicely?

I don't think Dalton would have been nearly as good in it. FYEO made great use of Moore's charm and warm personality, which Dalton didn't have. It showed many different sides of Moore. Even though Moore didn't want to kick Locque's car of cliff, he played the part perfectly.

If this is about fave movies from each BA vs fave performances from them in the role, here's how it goes for me (more or less):

1) Connery: GF (GF)
2) Lazenby (only one possible choice)
3) Moore: TSWLM (OP)
4) Dalton: TLD (TLD)
5) Brosnan: DAD (TND)
6) Craig: SP (Possibly SP)

"Hostile takeovers.  Shall we?"

1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. OP 5. TSWLM 6. MR 7. TWINE 8. TMWTGG 9. OHMSS 10. FRWL 11. L&LD 12. SF 13. LtK 14. YOLT 15. DN 16. QoS 17. DAD 18. AVTAK 19. CR 20. TB 21. FYEO 22. DAF (SP to be included later; GE to be rewatched and re-ranked)
1) Brosnan 2) Dalton 3) Moore 4) Connery 5) Lazenby and Craig

Usually, the BA's performance in 3rd / 4th film has been at its best .... At times, the first film of the actor is made special so the performance shines as well. The actor's enthusiasm for becoming Bond helps as well

Based on the above, makes me wonder how Dalton and Lazenby's would performed in their 3rd film if they had that opportunity

Film/Performance

1. Connery- GF/FRWL
2. Lazenby- OHMSS/OHMSS
3. Moore- MR/FYEO
4. Dalton- LTK/LTK
5. Brosnan- GE/TND
6. Craig- CR/SP

Connery: GF (FRWL)
Lazenby: too difficult, can't decide
Moore: OP (OP)
Dalton: TLD (TLD)
Brosnan TND (GE)
Craig: SP (SP)

Dalton Rulez™

Connery: FRWL (GF)
Lazenby: None
Moore: TSWLM (TSWLM)
Dalton: TLD (LTK)
Brosnan: GE (GE)
Craig: CR (CR)

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

Leaving OHMSS aside, it appears as if many have the performance / film same for many of their choices .... In some cases, could it be the performance making the film favorite or vice-versa

Lazenby is excluded often already in public tv shows, etc...
it's our duty to honor him  ajb007/smile

"You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

For me:
Goldfinger
Majesty's
TSWLM
Daylights
Goldeneye
Spectre

HTH, why did you quote your own post and repost it?

Never mind.

1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. OP 5. TSWLM 6. MR 7. TWINE 8. TMWTGG 9. OHMSS 10. FRWL 11. L&LD 12. SF 13. LtK 14. YOLT 15. DN 16. QoS 17. DAD 18. AVTAK 19. CR 20. TB 21. FYEO 22. DAF (SP to be included later; GE to be rewatched and re-ranked)

was trying to edit it but it didn't work as planned. now I can't be bothered  ajb007/lol

HatThrowingHenchman wrote:

Lazenby is excluded often already in public tv shows, etc...
it's our duty to honor him  ajb007/smile

I do agree that while i'm not fond of him myself, and though I also make jokes about him (writing "none" in this thread as if Lazenby had no good Bond film and such ajb007/tongue)  I also get annoyed when he isn't mentioned. Sure, i'm not a fan. But I am a fan of Bond. And Lazenby was a part of that. So yes, he should indeed be honored.

Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews:  Recapping 007   
YouTube channel  Support my channel on Patreon  Twitter   Facebook fanpage

1. Connery - GF (DN)
3. Moore - TSWLM (TMWTGG)
4. Dalton - LTK (TLD)
5. Brosnan - TND (TND)
6. Craig - SP (SP)

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

Connery - FRWL (TB)
Moore - OP (MR)
Dalton - TLD (TLD)
Brosnan - TWINE (TWINE)
Craig - SP (SP)

1. TWINE  2. FYEO  3. MR  4. TLD  5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS  7. DN  8. OP  9. AVTAK  10. TMWTGG  11. QoS 12. GE  13. CR  14. TB  15. FRWL  16. LTK  17. GF  18. SF  19. LaLD  20. YOLT  21. TND  22. DAD  23. DAF.

"If you'll forgive me, that's a little too scented for my palate."

Interesting that it seems many agree on SP having Craig's best performance as Bond.  A toast to that. ajb007/martini

Connery - His first 3
Moore - LALD, TSWLM, OP
Dalton - LTK (Was written for his more darker and dangerous character)
Brosnan - GE (TND was good for him, but TWINE and DAD were too corny for him)
Craig - CR (Though all of his films were fit for him)

deleted

Last edited by am747 (6th Jan 2016 13:10)

1. Connery - FRWL (GF)
3. Moore - FYEO (FYEO)
4. Dalton - LTK (LTK)
5. Brosnan - GE (GE)
6. Craig - CR (CR)

MI6Community: DoubleOGeauss
YouTube: DutchJamesBondFan

Connery - FRWL. This film is class and Connery's performance helps make it so. For me Connery is still the greatest and his performance in FRWL has never been bettered.  ajb007/martini

1.ohmss  2.cr  3.frwl  4.ltk  5.gf  6.tswlm  7.sf  8.op  9.tld  10.dn  11.lald  12.tb  13.fyeo  14.ge  15.mr  16.yolt  17.tnd  18.avtak  19.sp  20.twine  21.qos  22.tmwtgg  23.daf  24.dad

Connery - TB/FRWL (YOLT)
Connery's fantastic acting and good looks saved Thunderball from being a terrible film instead of a mediocre one. YOLT is a personal favorite. Then again, no other actor could portray the sophistication and realism of 007 except Connery.

Lazenby - OHMSS (OMSS)
I don't have much of an option. Even though I think Lazenby gets too much flak for his acting, I agree that for the majority of the film, he doesn't do too well. But the thing is, there's a couple scenes here and there in which I don't think any other Bond actor could have done as good as he done, truly the ideal Bond actor to show emotion, and I think he could have done better if he stayed.

Moore - TSWLM (TSWLM)
Moore does the perfect combination of seriousness and humor, and balances it perfectly, making it the Bond film that stays closest true to the "Bond formula" imo.

Dalton - LTK (LTK)
I can imagine Brosnan playing in TLD, Dalton really shows his skills in LTK.

Brosnan - TWINE  (GE)
I'm glad Brosnan was in TWINE. Brosnan really missed out with Bond, his Bond barely has any character. TWINE really shows how serious Brosnan can be.

Craig - SF (SP)
No other Bond could do this.

1. TLD 2. CR 3. OP 4. OHMSS 5. FYEO 6. AVTAK 7. TSWLM 8. GF 9. FRWL 10. SF 11. LTK 12. TB 13. QOS 14. YOLT 15. LALD 16. DN 17. TWINE 18. GE 19. TND 20. MR 21. TMWTGG 22. SP 23. DAF 24. NSNA 25. DAD
1. Roger 2. Timmy 3. Connery 4. Craig 5. George 6. Pierce