3,176

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Chriscoop wrote:

Not just you, it is very quiet. I think there is a general lessening of rapture for Bond 25, hopefully this will increase as we get nearer the release. As for clothes, so far we've had meager pickings from B25 spyshots and a lot of suits, I think the casual outfits create more excitement than the suits.

Good points! I thought maybe social media (IG, FB, Twitter) was draining off some of the discussion.  But even there it's been a little quiet.

3,177

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Not just you, it is very quiet. I think there is a general lessening of rapture for Bond 25, hopefully this will increase as we get nearer the release. As for clothes, so far we've had meager pickings from B25 spyshots and a lot of suits, I think the casual outfits create more excitement than the suits.

Good points! I thought maybe social media (IG, FB, Twitter) was draining off some of the discussion.  But even there it's been a little quiet.

Well to be honest, I usually link into IA from my FB so that does sometimes stop me coming onto this thread, but on AJB I just struggle sometimes to find a place in the conversations that are going well or the topics just aren't pulling me in. The new series of interviews have been great, but as far as clothing threads go, there just isn't much meat to the bones of Bond 25 yet, especially as the lions share of shots have been DC himself in a suit or the stunt double. I'm sure things will pick up, but for me, extreme excitement turned to despondency when I found out Blofeld was back, there just isn't anyway I'll enjoy continuing the whole brother thing, and that in turn makes me less eager for the Bond 25 outfits.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

3,178

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I’m still struggling with an alternative for the gray Tom Ford’s
These fame in my email today...https://www.express.com/clothing/men/skinny-gray-stretch-jeans/pro/03326526/color/Gray/

Does that kinda capture the essence or TOO skinny?

3,179

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

goneontheroad: I think the color looks close. As for fit, the way Bond wears the Tom Ford ones makes them look like a slim straight or tappered cut. So definitely not super skinny. So I'd focus more on getting a cut that gives you that look. Express jeans tend to be pretty slim to start with. So if those ones are listed as a "Skinny Fit" they're probably crossing into jegging territory.

Post update! Shawl Collar Cardigan season is coming!!!  ajb007/biggrin Starting the updates with the McQueen blue one:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016 … -cardigan/

There's some really good alternatives this season, so I'm pretty happy with the selection!

3,180

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:

goneontheroad: I think the color looks close. As for fit, the way Bond wears the Tom Ford ones makes them look like a slim straight or tappered cut. So definitely not super skinny. So I'd focus more on getting a cut that gives you that look. Express jeans tend to be pretty slim to start with. So if those ones are listed as a "Skinny Fit" they're probably crossing into jegging territory.

Post update! Shawl Collar Cardigan season is coming!!!  ajb007/biggrin Starting the updates with the McQueen blue one:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016 … -cardigan/

There's some really good alternatives this season, so I'm pretty happy with the selection!

Indeed. I own the Tom Ford shawl cardigan in black and the Royale in ivory, and I love them both. The next step would be to get a McQueen blue.

The only problem is that my wife is convinced cardigan sweaters are an "old man thing." No amount of my pointing to stills from QoS will persuade her otherwise.

Never mind that I had a college girl — in a Walmart of all places — tell me how great my TF sweater looked and ask where she could get one for her boyfriend. She looked shell-shocked when I told her the price.  ajb007/lol

3,181

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Cheverian wrote:
canoe2 wrote:

goneontheroad: I think the color looks close. As for fit, the way Bond wears the Tom Ford ones makes them look like a slim straight or tappered cut. So definitely not super skinny. So I'd focus more on getting a cut that gives you that look. Express jeans tend to be pretty slim to start with. So if those ones are listed as a "Skinny Fit" they're probably crossing into jegging territory.

Post update! Shawl Collar Cardigan season is coming!!!  ajb007/biggrin Starting the updates with the McQueen blue one:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016 … -cardigan/

There's some really good alternatives this season, so I'm pretty happy with the selection!

Indeed. I own the Tom Ford shawl cardigan in black and the Royale in ivory, and I love them both. The next step would be to get a McQueen blue.

The only problem is that my wife is convinced cardigan sweaters are an "old man thing." No amount of my pointing to stills from QoS will persuade her otherwise.

Never mind that I had a college girl — in a Walmart of all places — tell me how great my TF sweater looked and ask where she could get one for her boyfriend. She looked shell-shocked when I told her the price.  ajb007/lol

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this. But it's time to find a new wife .... ajb007/biggrin

3,182

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:
Cheverian wrote:
canoe2 wrote:

goneontheroad: I think the color looks close. As for fit, the way Bond wears the Tom Ford ones makes them look like a slim straight or tappered cut. So definitely not super skinny. So I'd focus more on getting a cut that gives you that look. Express jeans tend to be pretty slim to start with. So if those ones are listed as a "Skinny Fit" they're probably crossing into jegging territory.

Post update! Shawl Collar Cardigan season is coming!!!  ajb007/biggrin Starting the updates with the McQueen blue one:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016 … -cardigan/

There's some really good alternatives this season, so I'm pretty happy with the selection!

Indeed. I own the Tom Ford shawl cardigan in black and the Royale in ivory, and I love them both. The next step would be to get a McQueen blue.

The only problem is that my wife is convinced cardigan sweaters are an "old man thing." No amount of my pointing to stills from QoS will persuade her otherwise.

Never mind that I had a college girl — in a Walmart of all places — tell me how great my TF sweater looked and ask where she could get one for her boyfriend. She looked shell-shocked when I told her the price.  ajb007/lol

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this. But it's time to find a new wife .... ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/lol  ajb007/cheers

3,183

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this. But it's time to find a new wife .... ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/martini  ajb007/amazed  ajb007/lol Fantastic response!

3,184

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Morning! The post on the QoS black cardigan has now been updated:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2015 … -cardigan/

Once again, pickings are slim. But the ones that are out there are pretty nice. I'm actually pretty happy with the Best Option this season. And the one from Repeat Cashmere also looks good if you want to invest a little more.

Cheers!
John

3,185

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:

I am sorry to be the one to tell you this. But it's time to find a new wife .... ajb007/biggrin

It's a good thing the current one doesn't know how much I spent on that sweater.

3,186

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Oh hey I bought that best option cardigan from Amazon and swapped out the buttons. I love it, there's just one little issue, the sleeves are not slim.

I bought my normal jacket size and it fits we'll, I just noticed the sleeves are very wide with no taper. I'm mulling over having them tailored to taper down to the wrist but im still very happy with it.
The other sort of issue is the collar wants to be slim like the product photos, but if you adjust the roll it'll look wider like the one on screen does.
So that's personal preference how you want it to look, either way solid 8/10, I'm very happy with it until Royale makes a new run or I buy a Magnoli version

3,187

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Timeyswirls: thanks for the insights! Just to confirm, you got the Uxcell (Allegra K) one, correct? I can update the post with your comments, if that's okay with you.

New post: Best budget finds for September.

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019 … september/

I included the Proper Cloth "Enjoying Death" shirt in this one that Sean told us about. The rest is the normal grab bag of stuff. Have a great Sunday!

3,188

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Yes that's the one I bought, I've also gotten a few other items you've posted and I've been waiting to get some better pictures and post reviews.

Your blog is great for my wardrobe but not the wallet  ajb007/lol

3,189

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Timeyswirls wrote:

Yes that's the one I bought, I've also gotten a few other items you've posted and I've been waiting to get some better pictures and post reviews.

Your blog is great for my wardrobe but not the wallet  ajb007/lol

Believe me, I know what you mean!  ajb007/biggrin

Sorry, but are you cool with me including your comments about the cardigan in the post? I think others would find it valuable.

3,190

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

canoe2 wrote:
Timeyswirls wrote:

Yes that's the one I bought, I've also gotten a few other items you've posted and I've been waiting to get some better pictures and post reviews.

Your blog is great for my wardrobe but not the wallet  ajb007/lol

Believe me, I know what you mean!  ajb007/biggrin

Sorry, but are you cool with me including your comments about the cardigan in the post? I think others would find it valuable.

Yes please go ahead, consider this a current and future go ahead to use any comments I make on items you've featured on your blog to inform other people looking to buy them.

3,191

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Timeyswirls wrote:
canoe2 wrote:
Timeyswirls wrote:

Yes that's the one I bought, I've also gotten a few other items you've posted and I've been waiting to get some better pictures and post reviews.

Your blog is great for my wardrobe but not the wallet  ajb007/lol

Believe me, I know what you mean!  ajb007/biggrin

Sorry, but are you cool with me including your comments about the cardigan in the post? I think others would find it valuable.

Yes please go ahead, consider this a current and future go ahead to use any comments I make on items you've featured on your blog to inform other people looking to buy them.

Thank you, sir! Two martinis for you  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

3,192

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Morning! Post update: new alternatives for the Tom Ford Ivory shawl collar cardigan:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2017 … -cardigan/

There are some great alternatives this season! And for those that don't know, Daniel/Royale Filmwear is having a big sale on their version. It's down to $120, which is a steal!

Lots more to come this week!

3,193

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

New Post! Alternatives for Bond's No Time to Die Matera suit! Not the Cucinelli, the other one we'll see in the film:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019 … tera-suit/

HUGE thanks to cederic0011 for the help on this one!

3,194

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Morning all! Part 3 of our Shoe Care Guide is now live. This time we cover how to get a mirror shine. Even if you're not a fan of high polish, check out the post for the shoe porn!  ajb007/biggrin

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019 … hoe-shine/

3,195

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Morning! The post on alternatives for the Steve McQueen navy blue rollneck Bullitt sweater is now updated:

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2018 … k-sweater/

I've combined this one with alternatives for the Gieves & Hawkes sweater Craig wore in that 2015 photoshoot. Which also happens to be a grail sweater for me  ajb007/biggrin . Have a great day!

3,196

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Happy Sunday! Here's a new post for you: Daniel Craig inspired jackets for the fall

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019 … -for-fall/

Obviously I couldn't look at every piece of outerwear he's ever worn. But I think I covered the most popular jackets and coats. Let me know if I missed anything and I can try and do a Part 2 in November.

Cheers!
John

3,197

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_a2ce3874-948e-469a-94b7-cb34bf602ace?fmt=webp&wid=1400&qlt=80

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_67de5ecf-ab6c-46dd-b031-278acc9f8164?fmt=webp&wid=1400&qlt=80


For all my fellow Bond fans in the States....

QoS/McQueen cardigan at Target for $35! This could be the budget cardigan of the season, like the Urban Outfitters cardigan from 2016. (got it for $20 in January back in 2017!)

I'm sure Black Friday (and especially the weeks leading up to it) should have a generous discount on clothing, so definitely something to keep an eye on!

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-standard … nk=sametab

Last edited by armenianmovieman (16th Sep 2019 07:28)

Yes. Consssssiderably.

3,198

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Thanks for sharing that! I'll update the cardigan post with credit to you for the find!  ajb007/cheers

3,199

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I just started a new part-time job at Banana Republic and I might have found a budget alternative to the Grey TF Jeans from the Jamaica scenes in NTTD. I might try them on when I go in today. I can probably find a link online if anyone would care to check it out.

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

3,200

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/p … ge-content

Let me know what you guys think, is this a viable alternative? I can say that I have tried on the Luxe Travelers and they feel great. They're usually $130 and a popular seller at that price so I'm surprised these are on sale.
https://i.postimg.cc/zLKYfbbD/cn17259906.png
https://i.postimg.cc/0MkXqb7B/cn17259899.png

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No