3,551

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

bosoxfan wrote:

Anybody find any decent alternatives for the Norton's?  I found these, but no green lenses

https://www.amazon.com/Carfia-Polarized … amp;sr=8-5

The tortoise Ray-Ban 4259’s are close, but you’d have to swap the lenses with their “Green Classic” ones.

https://www.ray-ban.com/australia/mobil … 3672602449

3,552

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Found these as an alternative to the NTTD Albert Thurston braces:


Men's Solid Fabric Suspenders Braces Convertible Leather Ends and Clips Y-Back - Baby Blue
$19.95
https://www.absoluteties.com/mens-solid … baby-blue/

https://i.postimg.cc/d7CPf4Xr/full-62100-1594308828.jpg

3,553

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

JTM wrote:
bosoxfan wrote:

Anybody find any decent alternatives for the Norton's?  I found these, but no green lenses

https://www.amazon.com/Carfia-Polarized … amp;sr=8-5

The tortoise Ray-Ban 4259’s are close, but you’d have to swap the lenses with their “Green Classic” ones.

https://www.ray-ban.com/australia/mobil … 3672602449

Unfortunately Ray-Ban does not allow you to customize the 4259's directly from the site ajb007/crap

3,554

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

JTM wrote:

Just bought these R&B jeans as an alternative to the incredibly expensive TF NTTD Jamaica jeans. Similar colour and fit as the SA ones and on the US site they're down to $187, plus with the code RBTOGETHER15 you can get another 15% off, so $159.

Already have a couple of pairs of R&B jeans and they're top-notch quality and a great fit, which you would expect from a great brand like R&B.

https://www.rag-bone.com/mens/jeans/fit … 3I6GR.html

https://i.postimg.cc/5HWMxCNN/MED19-F1223-I6-GR-455-MSET.jpg

Picked up the Greyston in fit 3 for $52. Final sale but worth the chance. I have R&B in fit 3 and really like them.

I also received the AG Graduate in gray today. True to size and very soft and stretchy. Zip fly is a plus for me. I think I will wait until the Rag and Bone jeans arrive to decide whether to keep the AG.

3,555

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Sorry, double post! Selling my budget alternative for the Billy Reid Peacoat on eBay and wanted to offer those on here a chance to buy. Very nice coat only worn a couple of times with a lot of the details as can be seen from the photos. PM me if interested!

Please place this in the eBay thread...this is the Budget Bond thread...thank you.

3,556

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Try the J Crew short sleeve henley. I bought six in the last few months. Reasonable price and many colors.

Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."

3,557

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Did you keep the AG or the R&B jeans?

I bought some Wranglers in light grey not long ago. They are stretchy and comfortable, but of course it has the patch on the back pocket. Not really the jeans I thought they were, but they are pretty comfortable so I kept them.

Westward_Drift wrote:
JTM wrote:

Just bought these R&B jeans as an alternative to the incredibly expensive TF NTTD Jamaica jeans. Similar colour and fit as the SA ones and on the US site they're down to $187, plus with the code RBTOGETHER15 you can get another 15% off, so $159.

Already have a couple of pairs of R&B jeans and they're top-notch quality and a great fit, which you would expect from a great brand like R&B.

https://www.rag-bone.com/mens/jeans/fit … 3I6GR.html

https://i.postimg.cc/5HWMxCNN/MED19-F1223-I6-GR-455-MSET.jpg

Picked up the Greyston in fit 3 for $52. Final sale but worth the chance. I have R&B in fit 3 and really like them.

I also received the AG Graduate in gray today. True to size and very soft and stretchy. Zip fly is a plus for me. I think I will wait until the Rag and Bone jeans arrive to decide whether to keep the AG.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

3,558

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

before I decided to buy the tf ones also searched for an alternative also and the best I could find was the G-Star 3301 Straight Tapered Jeans in Light Aged Grey, the colour and washing is very close, unfortunaly they have some yellow stitching around the pockets but thats just a small detail (they have these model always in stock in many many sizes, waist 24-40, lentgh 26-38)
https://i.postimg.cc/F105VDzW/51003-7607-424-Z01.png

for the shoes I can recommend the "Timberlands Classic Full Grain Boat Shoe Light Brown", colourof the leather, sole, stitching everything is very close, I know that these have nearly the same price as the Sperrys but those are hard to find now
https://i.postimg.cc/r0k6BrYC/A232-XF74-hero.png
https://www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en/tb … n-a232xf74

they make a great alternative, even for me who owns the tf and sperrys because I'm always afraid that that the sa items are going to  look distressed after wearing them too often haha

Last edited by Noi (29th Jul 2020 23:16)

3,559

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I recently bought an Apt 9. long sleeve slubbed Henley. Brand new from Kohls it is less than $10 on special right now. Great R&B budget find. I bought an XL and it kind of runs large. Not sure I could have sized down to L, but it is a great budget alternative. Here is the link...


https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33061 … d=58857162

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

3,560

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

JTullock23 wrote:

Did you keep the AG or the R&B jeans?

I bought some Wranglers in light grey not long ago. They are stretchy and comfortable, but of course it has the patch on the back pocket. Not really the jeans I thought they were, but they are pretty comfortable so I kept them.

Westward_Drift wrote:
JTM wrote:

Just bought these R&B jeans as an alternative to the incredibly expensive TF NTTD Jamaica jeans. Similar colour and fit as the SA ones and on the US site they're down to $187, plus with the code RBTOGETHER15 you can get another 15% off, so $159.

Already have a couple of pairs of R&B jeans and they're top-notch quality and a great fit, which you would expect from a great brand like R&B.

https://www.rag-bone.com/mens/jeans/fit … 3I6GR.html

https://i.postimg.cc/5HWMxCNN/MED19-F1223-I6-GR-455-MSET.jpg

Picked up the Greyston in fit 3 for $52. Final sale but worth the chance. I have R&B in fit 3 and really like them.

I also received the AG Graduate in gray today. True to size and very soft and stretchy. Zip fly is a plus for me. I think I will wait until the Rag and Bone jeans arrive to decide whether to keep the AG.


I think I will keep the AG jeans. A little light in color but comfortable. I could send them back to Nordstrom, but I am not thrilled with the R&B jeans. R&B are slimmer than my other Fit 3 R&B's. I also wish they were just a hair longer in the leg, but that's due to the slimness. I worry about it shrinking.

3,561

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

JTullock23 wrote:

I recently bought an Apt 9. long sleeve slubbed Henley. Brand new from Kohls it is less than $10 on special right now. Great R&B budget find. I bought an XL and it kind of runs large. Not sure I could have sized down to L, but it is a great budget alternative. Here is the link...


https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33061 … d=58857162

Good find! Kohl's has some good stuff for guys, especially their Apt 9 line polos. Apt 9 (and even Marc Anthony's line) seem to be the more upscale, "cool" and "classy" stuff, while the Croft & Barrow line is more laid back and basics; Croft and Barrow polos, for example, tend to be more boxy and have pockets, and Croft and Barrow makes fairly decent flannel shirts for autumn and winter.

The only catch with the henley is the black buttons; beyond that, the slub style is a great Rag and Bone alternative.

Also, I'm fairly certain that John David Washington is rocking the black version of Craig's Rag and Bone henley in Tenet, which is also in the link you posted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2YjvBqmsSTc/maxresdefault.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tueLfHSfWZpOH9yh5Dfi_QIsIwE=/1400x1400/filters:format(png)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19542301/Screen_Shot_2019_12_19_at_12.03.14_PM.png

Yes. Consssssiderably.

3,562

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I thought it was a good find as well. I called Kohl’s and explained I didn’t want to pay shipping of $9 for a $10 shirt. They gave me free shipping. Sometimes it pays to be a Karen. Haha.

I actually found out this shirt runs rather large. The XL on me is pretty big so I got a large too. Also, I purchased their short sleeve version too.

armenianmovieman wrote:
JTullock23 wrote:

I recently bought an Apt 9. long sleeve slubbed Henley. Brand new from Kohls it is less than $10 on special right now. Great R&B budget find. I bought an XL and it kind of runs large. Not sure I could have sized down to L, but it is a great budget alternative. Here is the link...


https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33061 … d=58857162

Good find! Kohl's has some good stuff for guys, especially their Apt 9 line polos. Apt 9 (and even Marc Anthony's line) seem to be the more upscale, "cool" and "classy" stuff, while the Croft & Barrow line is more laid back and basics; Croft and Barrow polos, for example, tend to be more boxy and have pockets, and Croft and Barrow makes fairly decent flannel shirts for autumn and winter.

The only catch with the henley is the black buttons; beyond that, the slub style is a great Rag and Bone alternative.

Also, I'm fairly certain that John David Washington is rocking the black version of Craig's Rag and Bone henley in Tenet, which is also in the link you posted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2YjvBqmsSTc/maxresdefault.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tueLfHSfWZpOH9yh5Dfi_QIsIwE=/1400x1400/filters:format(png)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19542301/Screen_Shot_2019_12_19_at_12.03.14_PM.png

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

3,563

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Westward_Drift wrote:
JTullock23 wrote:

Did you keep the AG or the R&B jeans?

I bought some Wranglers in light grey not long ago. They are stretchy and comfortable, but of course it has the patch on the back pocket. Not really the jeans I thought they were, but they are pretty comfortable so I kept them.

Westward_Drift wrote:

Picked up the Greyston in fit 3 for $52. Final sale but worth the chance. I have R&B in fit 3 and really like them.

I also received the AG Graduate in gray today. True to size and very soft and stretchy. Zip fly is a plus for me. I think I will wait until the Rag and Bone jeans arrive to decide whether to keep the AG.


I think I will keep the AG jeans. A little light in color but comfortable. I could send them back to Nordstrom, but I am not thrilled with the R&B jeans. R&B are slimmer than my other Fit 3 R&B's. I also wish they were just a hair longer in the leg, but that's due to the slimness. I worry about it shrinking.

I swear by AG jeans.  The look, the fit, the durability...it's all there.  They're the only jeans that I wear anymore.  I think you'll be very happy with them.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

3,564

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Not sure if this will turn out to be a budget option or not, who knows it could turn out to be more expensive than the original, but while watching Yellowstone last night I noticed a jacket that was along the lines of the TF Solden jacket, here is a seperate post in the Spectre section, if anyone can help to find the brand of this jacket that would be sweet!

https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/52894/solden … -identify/

3,565

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Yikes.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/xtIAAOSw6IFex-27/s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/41mm-bliger-st … 0005.m1851

3,566

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

People posted about that a few pages back along with a review, no reason for a yikes.

3,567

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I have this watch and it seems well made. Has kept accurate time no problem. For the price it's a steal. The bracelet is kind of lacking but that's an easy fix.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

3,568

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

I've got it as well, upgraded the bracelet and it is really pretty nice.

Enjoying Death wrote:

I have this watch and it seems well made. Has kept accurate time no problem. For the price it's a steal. The bracelet is kind of lacking but that's an easy fix.

3,569

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Just saw from the budgetbond on instagram this Harrington, black instead of blue but the features look pretty spot on
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-harrin … 25034.html

I'm not a fan of the Graham, but they also have this one that seems to be only a slightly different flavor as far as style, features don't match exactly, but still, BIG difference in price
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-washed … mp;start=1

3,570

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

For what it is worth I just received a Harrington I purchased off of Poshmark. It is black, but could easily pass for a dark navy. Banana Republic brand. This jacket is awesome. I purchased it for $15 plus shipping. I cannot wait to wear it in the cooler months here. There are a million (slight bit of hyperbole unlike Mr. White’s “we have people everywhere” quip) on Poshmark, eBay or Mercari. If interested give those a look.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

3,571

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_category/s … name=stone

https://www.jcrew.com/s7-img-facade/79438_NA0965?fmt=jpeg&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=.1,0,0,0&crop=0,0,0,0&wid=850&hei=850

Very Bondian chukkas for $37 with code SHOPSALE

Could these pass for any of the Craig chukkas?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

3,572

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

What AG Jean fit do you recommend most? I am revamping my jeans this month. I have purchased a few used 7FAM jeans, all gently used and in excellent condition. I have two pairs of the Mercer's from QoS too. I have a pair of Wrangler jeans in grey to mock the TF grey jeans from NTTD, but they aren't my favorite. They stretch a lot. Pretty comfortable, but not only do they have the Wrangler patch on the pocket, they are VERY slim in the calf and ankle and enormous in the waist. Marked as a 36, but they are so large I have to wear a belth to keep them from falling off after taking a few beltless steps in them. So, I am looking for some grey AG's I think at this point. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Gymkata wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:
JTullock23 wrote:

Did you keep the AG or the R&B jeans?

I bought some Wranglers in light grey not long ago. They are stretchy and comfortable, but of course it has the patch on the back pocket. Not really the jeans I thought they were, but they are pretty comfortable so I kept them.


I think I will keep the AG jeans. A little light in color but comfortable. I could send them back to Nordstrom, but I am not thrilled with the R&B jeans. R&B are slimmer than my other Fit 3 R&B's. I also wish they were just a hair longer in the leg, but that's due to the slimness. I worry about it shrinking.

I swear by AG jeans.  The look, the fit, the durability...it's all there.  They're the only jeans that I wear anymore.  I think you'll be very happy with them.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

3,573

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

J. Crew Kenton Alternative
Aquila Cairo Sand Military Boot
https://www.aquila.com.au/cairo-sand-military-boots
https://i.postimg.cc/q6yH4N3V/apigkhetx-78685-1587999126.png

H by Hudson has often this type of boot in stock, depends on the season which material and colour, search for H by Hudson Battle Suede Boot

https://i.postimg.cc/G8D5sZhv/12747737-3.jpg

Clarks Flow Top Beige Suede, several stores/stockists have them in stock at this time
https://i.postimg.cc/yWcNVxB8/CL112-M08-O-C11-9.png

3,574

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Noi wrote:

J. Crew Kenton Alternative
Aquila Cairo Sand Military Boot
https://www.aquila.com.au/cairo-sand-military-boots
https://i.postimg.cc/q6yH4N3V/apigkhetx-78685-1587999126.png

H by Hudson has often this type of boot in stock, depends on the season which material and colour, search for H by Hudson Battle Suede Boot

https://i.postimg.cc/G8D5sZhv/12747737-3.jpg

Clarks Flow Top Beige Suede, several stores/stockists have them in stock at this time
https://i.postimg.cc/yWcNVxB8/CL112-M08-O-C11-9.png


It's a mistake to generalize wider interest among the buying public based on AJB. But not reissuing the Kentons in Sahara is one of the most puzzling decisions I have seen a brand make. Every year, it seems, J.Crew has come out with something new in their Kenton line (I'm using the word "new" loosely). But they've adamantly refused to capitalize on the Bond affiliation, and I can't believe it's because they're above that kind of thing. I know for a fact people on this board has approached them about a limited run even. It's not like we're talking about the Armani leather jacket from CR. These are decent, slightly above low-end boots. I owned a pair in the Boulder color once (they're nowhere close to Red Wings in quality). Meanwhile people here keep hunting for alternatives. Is it any wonder J.Crew is bankrupt?

3,575

Re: Budget Bond Collectors Resource

John Smedley’s have an outlet store in the UK. Found this for £49, which is a great alternative to the N Peal Spectre mock turtle neck. I ordered a Med and a Large. Medium gives ‘poster accurate’ tight fit (40” Chest, 32” waist, 6’ 2) but I’m keeping the Large as well, as it allows a little more ‘forgiveness’ to my slight ‘lockdown lard-ness’! Quality is as expected from John Smedley. It’s made from their sea island cotton.

https://www.johnsmedleyoutlet.com/mens/ … annel-grey

Last edited by Ferinstal (Yesterday 11:35)

Yes. Considerably.