Re: Christmas

thanks  ajb007/martini
yes, you could say the sled is from OHMSS; aswell as the car on the ice track ajb007/smile
now I'm only missing the angels of death

"You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

On the subject of Lego, I'm very tempted to get the Dr Who set they've
Released. Just to have it sitting on my computer desk.  ajb007/smile

https://writerchick.wordpress.com/2007/ … facts-fun/
Some fun Christmas facts etc ...  ajb007/biggrin

How Do You Say, Merry Christmas?

Glaedelig Jul – Danish

Vrolijike Kerst – Dutch

Hyvvaa Joulua – Finnish

Frohe Weihnachten – German

Kala Christouyenna – Greek

Gledileg Jol – Icelandic

Buon Natale – Italian

God Jul – Norwegian

Feliz Natal – Portuguese

Heri za Krismas – Swahili

God Jul – Swedish

Iyi Noeller – Turkish

Nollaig Shona - Irish

Last edited by Thunderpussy (11th Dec 2015 11:41)

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Thunderpussy wrote:

On the subject of Lego, I'm very tempted to get the Dr Who set they've
Released. Just to have it sitting on my computer desk.  ajb007/smile

https://writerchick.wordpress.com/2007/ … facts-fun/
Some fun Christmas facts etc ...  ajb007/biggrin

How Do You Say, Merry Christmas?

Glaedelig Jul – Danish

Vrolijike Kerst – Dutch

Hyvvaa Joulua – Finnish

Frohe Weihnachten – German

Kala Christouyenna – Greek

Gledileg Jol – Icelandic

Buon Natale – Italian

God Jul – Norwegian

Feliz Natal – Portuguese

Heri za Krismas – Swahili

God Jul – Swedish

Iyi Noeller – Turkish

Nollaig Shona - Irish

God jul

Biddin ye a blythe yuletide an a guid new yeir.

Ulster Scots for,
Wishing you, a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.

http://www.ireland.com/en-gb/articles/8 … n-ireland/
8 things about Christmas in Ireland

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

So January 6th is Little Christmas in NI? Here we call the 23d of December "Little Christmas Eve".
That evening it's «Same procedure as every year, James!». We watch "Dinner for One/Grevinnen og hovmesteren".

I think Jan 6th is old Christmas day ( The calendar  changed)
So to cover themselves, some go to church etc.
I only step in to a church for Weddings and Funerals,  so I'm no
expert on the subject. ajb007/wink

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t513/danjaq_0ff/IMG_2898_zps2bpzql32.jpg

Trust No One

ajb007/lol 
"I'm sure they'll get a big blast out of it "

danjaq_0ff wrote:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t513/danjaq_0ff/IMG_2898_zps2bpzql32.jpg

Excellent ! I want one  ajb007/biggrin

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

"Welcome to Scotland!"  ajb007/lol

" Do you know the choir leader has just been shot ?"

" You sing it son, and I'll play along " ( Must be one of those modern carols)  ajb007/wink

Here we are 14th December and we still have no decorations or
Tree up. Am I alone in this ?  ( apart from non Christian religions)  ajb007/wink

Some Christmas decorations are up, but the tree isn't even cut yet. In fact, I don't think we've even found it. It looks like we won't get to keep this snow till Christmas.  ajb007/crap

We use an artificial tree  ajb007/wink  I love the planet too much to waste our resources.  ajb007/biggrin

We got a new one a few years back, when my wife complained that it was starting
To lean to one side etc. She couldn't understand why I wanted to keep it ?
So I pointed out to her that.........
It was the first tree we bought together, both of our daughters had celebrated
Christmas around it since they were born. It was also the last tree my late
Mother had  enjoyed Christmas and new years with us. .....
..... Needless to say, old tree dumped and new tree bought. At times I feel more
Like a wife, with my wife being the Alpha Male in the relationship.  ajb007/lol

It would be wrong of us not to use a real tree. We often pick one standing close to another tree, so we thin out the forrest. We cut it only a few days before Christmas and let it dry or defrost on the veranda until the 23d. Then we take it indoors and decorate it.

I'm only poking the bear with my tree remark. I understand they have to be
"farmed" and it's not like Norway is short of them.  ajb007/wink

As Christmas day is soon upon us ,and the tentacles of AJB seem now to reach all four corners of the globe ,I would be interested to hear ,what food you will have on your Christmas day dinner/lunch ours is very usual (I hope) of what we will eat this year in London
baked Camembert cheese, or prawns followed by roast turkey,
roast pork,
roast spuds,
pigs in blankets,
stuffing,
peas,
Brussle sprouts (yuk)
carrots,
cauliflower cheese,
gravy,
Yorkshire puds
followed by ,mince pies,christmas pudding,cream,trifle,cheese and biscuits ,grapes/walnuts/dates,
plus the usual Champagne ,Port,to wash it all down
god I hate Christmas dinner

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

Swap your Brussle sprouts (yuk) for Brussels sprouts - they're my favourite! Unfortunately they're not in season for Xmas.

I heard on the radio this morning, that it's the tradition  in Iceland
to give a book as a present on Christmas eve.  For something to
read over the Christmas  period....... I guess their TV must be crap !  ajb007/biggrin

always shaken wrote:

As Christmas day is soon upon us ,and the tentacles of AJB seem now to reach all four corners of the globe ,I would be interested to hear ,what food you will have on your Christmas day dinner/lunch ours is very usual (I hope) of what we will eat this year in London

On Christmas Eve we have taken over our favourite restaurant on Mactan Island for the family (over 100 guests  ajb007/lol ) it will be a buffet with lechon (whole roast pig) as the centrepiece with other popular local dishes such as chicken adobo and pancit (noodles).

Our maid is going to her family home for Christmas so I will be cooking a traditional English lunch on Christmas Day - we have a branch of Marks and Spencer in Cebu and I have ordered turkey with all the trimmings. we will be having champagne, Chablis and Tanduay rum throughout the day  ajb007/biggrin .

A very merry Christmas to all AJBers around the world.  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

M&S are everywhere !  ajb007/biggrin
As it's almost that special time.  ( My wife likes to get romantic once a year, and
this year she's said she'll put my name in the hat ! )  ajb007/wink
I wish the Merriest of Merriest, and Happiest of Happiest to all AJBers.  ajb007/cheers
Where ever you are in the world.  I hope everyone gets what they want ( if they've
been good boys and girls) and even if you've been naughty, I hope you get something
Special.  ajb007/biggrin   ajb007/cheers

This never gets old:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrG4JnrN5GA

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.GF 5.DN/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

Thunderpussy wrote:

At times I feel more
Like a wife, with my wife being the Alpha Male in the relationship.  ajb007/lol

Well, with purple hair, lipstick and feminine glasses what do you expect? ajb007/wink  Just kidding obviously.  One of Australia's better comedians but they are so far behind the British in 'clever humour' it is not funny (pardon the pun).

Anyway, my very best wishes to you and your family for the Christmas season  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

I'm going to attempt to put the Christmas tree up today. Better late than never, I suppose!  ajb007/lol

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Good luck with that  ajb007/wink

OGG007, I remember a couple of great Australian comedies ( in my opinion )
Kath & Kim. And All Aussie Adventures  ajb007/lol  AAA, I really loved, thought it was
a brilliant idea. I might be looking back with rose tinted glasses, but I remember
Laughing a lot.  ajb007/biggrin  ( loads of clips on you tube, if anyone hasn't seen it )