List of clothing from "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"

hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
I am a very huge fan of this movie and DC's character's style as I'm sure of you are as well. So I have complied a list of each outfit DC wore in Dragon Tattoo. All of this info comes from talks with people and an online auction site where a lot of the clothing items were listed.

If anyone is interested here is a google doc link that is public that has all the information that I piled together.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h50J9GW6-Eeez2jmXZubnkfErd1dv_WCJcs-59o6fwI/edit?usp=sharing

*I'm sure there is a mistake here and there. I'm not perfect and there are many outfit changes as you can see. Feel free to correct me!

**Big thanks to Simon Ruzgar for his information also!
instagram.com/dressinglikebond

Comments

• GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    This is a fantastic piece of research - Thank you both.... You've probably just cost me a small fortune though!
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Nice work! I have a slightly messier version I use for myself. I managed to get some of the items that were up for auction, they're pretty awesome.

I actually take way more inspiration from Blomkvist in my everyday office outfits than I do from Bond. I find there's a lot more versatility to the items (and they cost less than Tom Ford...)
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    hthomas,

This is a fantastic document. I love being able to take fashioning tips from this. Thank you!
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    hthomas,

This is a fantastic document. I love being able to take fashioning tips from this. Thank you!

Great job! Thanks!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    Nice work! I have a slightly messier version I use for myself. I managed to get some of the items that were up for auction, they're pretty awesome.

I actually take way more inspiration from Blomkvist in my everyday office outfits than I do from Bond. I find there's a lot more versatility to the items (and they cost less than Tom Ford...)

Congrats on some of the pieces! I saw how cheap some of the things went!

Glad you all are liking the document. Hope it helps!
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Thank you so much! I always loved the style in that film but could never find out too many details. Now printing it out to keep :)
  • benben Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Awesome job with the list! Much better than trying to gleam details from different articles...
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Excellent work hthomas!

Not disputing any of your info but where do we see the C&J Brown Suede Molton's in the film?
    Basildon wrote:
    Excellent work hthomas!

Not disputing any of your info but where do we see the C&J Brown Suede Molton's in the film?

After just watching the movie before doing this and watching while I did it, there really aren't any actual shots of the shoes. I just know from talking with Simon and a auction website had outfit cards on it with the shoes listed.

Hope that helps!
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I don't recall if they were seen either but he definitely wore them and its most likley where he got the personal pair he wears everywhere similar situation with the C&J Skye boots.

I have about 90% of the wardrobe from this movie, collected over a long period of time and some if it is sady next to impossible to find, but the hunt is part of the fun.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    I have about 90% of the wardrobe from this movie, collected over a long period of time and some if it is sady next to impossible to find, but the hunt is part of the fun.

Simon I'm intrigued to know, is it a case of actually 'collecting' the clothing for you, or do you wear the items?

As a fan of DC's dress style, I'm equally a fan of the costume style DC had in TGWTDT :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Just wished they had knocked out the next film with DC :(
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I'm curious how you hunt things down? All I can do is check ebay and that's it ?:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Just wished they had knocked out the next film with DC :(

+1 or the whole trilogy for that matter :#
    hthomas wrote:

After just watching the movie before doing this and watching while I did it, there really aren't any actual shots of the shoes.

Oh but there are!

moltons_1.jpg

moltons_2.jpg

moltons_3.jpg

They can also be seen very briefly in the torture scene, but I didn't post those screen caps as they're a little NSFW.

Total screen time for the Molton's is less than 10 seconds by my count, but they're definitely (somewhat) visible!
    JMac88 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

After just watching the movie before doing this and watching while I did it, there really aren't any actual shots of the shoes.

Oh but there are!

moltons_1.jpg

moltons_2.jpg

moltons_3.jpg

They can also be seen very briefly in the torture scene, but I didn't post those screen caps as they're a little NSFW.

Total screen time for the Molton's is less than 10 seconds by my count, but they're definitely (somewhat) visible!

Good job sir!
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    The work you've put in here and the time spent on compiling this list is outstanding. A sincere thank you fella {[]
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

Oh but there are!

moltons_1.jpg

moltons_2.jpg

moltons_3.jpg

Great spotting JMac88!

hthomas and sruzgar thanks for your replies.
  • Jeff LynneJeff Lynne Washington DCPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    Kinda surprised he's a 32/34 in Ralston. They measure 34" in the waist, yet he looks so thin in the film.
    Jeff Lynne wrote:
    Kinda surprised he's a 32/34 in Ralston. They measure 34" in the waist, yet he looks so thin in the film.

Ive had a quite "varied" experience with them to be honest
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Jeff Lynne wrote:

As have I. But one thing that seems to be consistent is their large sizing in the waist. The Ralston cut has gotten tighter below the knee over the past several years, and I find the Vernon to fit more how my first pair of Ralston's did. The Vernon is labeled as "Straight Fit", but it's not. Not even a little bit. It fits the same as the Ralston but tapers less below the knee.
    Jeff Lynne wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Jeff Lynne wrote:

As have I. But one thing that seems to be consistent is their large sizing in the waist. The Ralston cut has gotten tighter below the knee over the past several years, and I find the Vernon to fit more how my first pair of Ralston's did. The Vernon is labeled as "Straight Fit", but it's not. Not even a little bit. It fits the same as the Ralston but tapers less below the knee.

Something to consider is that the Ralston cut in 2010 (when the costume designer selected them) is regarded as having been much slimmer than it is now in general. I have a pair of the grey Ralston's from production in 32/34 that I can't get over my thighs, but my 32/34 pair from spring 2014 fit alright. I also have a black pair from last year in 34/34 that are almost as tight as a 32, so the consistency is all over the place. Generally though, I find them to be my favourite brand/model of denim. FWIW, I've also found that the Levi's 508 is remarkably similar to the Scotch & Soda Ralston.
    Skippy wrote:
    Simon I'm intrigued to know, is it a case of actually 'collecting' the clothing for you, or do you wear the items?

As a fan of DC's dress style, I'm equally a fan of the costume style DC had in TGWTDT :)

Thought I had replied to this yesterday but don't see it now. Yes I wear all of the clothes, the film had an amazing wardrobe and it s clear even DC takes cues from it.

Im with everyone else, gutted that thy did not finish the trilogy, this is largely down to sony exec's unfortunately, I think there is talks of a netflix series but I doubt we will see DC or RM.
    Curious. Have any of you been able to acquire the Margiela cardigan? I still hold out hope I'll stumble across one some day or harass Margiela enough to do a reissue.
    I have one in Navy Blue and I know someone else here that has one, other than that's I have only ever seen one more in the wild and never seen any grey ones.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:

Something to consider is that the Ralston cut in 2010 (when the costume designer selected them) is regarded as having been much slimmer than it is now in general. I have a pair of the grey Ralston's from production in 32/34 that I can't get over my thighs, but my 32/34 pair from spring 2014 fit alright. I also have a black pair from last year in 34/34 that are almost as tight as a 32, so the consistency is all over the place. Generally though, I find them to be my favourite brand/model of denim. FWIW, I've also found that the Levi's 508 is remarkably similar to the Scotch & Soda Ralston.

Quite interesting because I was going to say the exact opposite. I think the Ralston cut has gotten much slimmer due to the trend of slim fit jeans (and everything else). I have the grey Ralstons in a 32x34, and they are a touch bigger in the waist (and definitely wider through the calves & cuff) than any current Ralstons I have, which are all 30x32. I feel the fit has been much more consistent since 2013-2014.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Jeff Lynne wrote:
    Curious. Have any of you been able to acquire the Margiela cardigan? I still hold out hope I'll stumble across one some day or harass Margiela enough to do a reissue.

I almost won an ebay auction for one earlier this year. Still a bit disappointed as the final bidder was only just above me. It's an insanely rare piece.

VINCE made one that was almost identical, I see them occasionally on ebay.
    JMac88 wrote:
    Jeff Lynne wrote:

I almost won an ebay auction for one earlier this year. Still a bit disappointed as the final bidder was only just above me. It's an insanely rare piece.

Think that might have been me? It came from the Ukraine?

Sorry if that was the case!!!! -{
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JMac88 wrote:
    Jeff Lynne wrote:

Think that might have been me? It came from the Ukraine?

Sorry if that was the case!!!! -{

Yes! Haha, no problem. I'm glad it went to someone who at least understands what it is.
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Do we know who made/makes DC's wool puffer coat the he wears when he gets off the train.

I've done some reaserch but am unable to find the original company.