Topic: Blofeld Trilogy

After seeing SP again:

My fiancé (not a super big Bond fan) likes the Craig films but really likes QOS (just one more reason to love her, lol), and feels SP is a great followup to QOS and that SF is an unnecessary film: ignores the mystery organization CR and QOS introduces, has a lame villain plot, and Craig is too dour in it.

CR, QOS, and SP do make a pretty neat Blofeld trilogy, IMHO. Kind of reverses Fleming's trilogy storyline in that QOS becomes the revenge story YOLT is, and SP becomes the OHMSS but without the sad ending to the romance. Not a perfect reflection but still cool, thank you EON.

Thoughts?

Re: Blofeld Trilogy

Your fiance' is most perceptive. Keep her. ajb007/biggrin

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

Thanks, plan to.  ajb007/bond

I like the theory, except it's hard to accept a Blofeld trilogy that ends with ESB alive and imprisoned. Perhaps CR, QoS and SF are a prequel trilogy...and we've just started another   ajb007/tongue   ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Loeffelholz (27th Dec 2015 22:58)

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Wise blueman.

The phantom Ernst
Attack of the  spectres
Revenge of  the  Blofeld  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Thunderpussy wrote:

The phantom Ernst
Attack of the  spectres

Wow, that's actually apropos... ajb007/lol

Spectre, The Property Of A Lady, The Garden Of Death. That should be the Blofeld trilogy

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Jarvio wrote:

Spectre, The Property Of A Lady, The Garden Of Death. That should be the Blofeld trilogy

ajb007/cheers

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller

Loeffelholz wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

ajb007/cheers

My OCD really wants them to use up the remaining Fleming titles (Well, except for 007 In New York).

And The Garden Of Death, well that just intrigues me, and I think it would make a great title! I can't see that happening though, but I'm sure they will use the concept in a film.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

Jarvio wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

ajb007/cheers

My OCD really wants them to use up the remaining Fleming titles (Well, except for 007 In New York).

And The Garden Of Death, well that just intrigues me, and I think it would make a great title! I can't see that happening though, but I'm sure they will use the concept in a film.

I think The Death Collector is an excellent alternative to Garden...but as long as they finally tell that story  ajb007/martini

A loose adaptation of John Gardner's No One Lives Forever wouldn't be a bad idea either. The basic plot - SPECTRE places a price on Bond's head - would seem to present a logical progression from the events of Spectre. It would also be in keeping with the newer villains' more small scale plots and schemes and allow for another more "personal" adventure, something else the filmmakers seem to like lately.

Jarvio wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

ajb007/cheers

Based on the safe house in Spectre, I don't think they're planning on using "The Hildebrand Rarity".

Loeffelholz wrote:
Jarvio wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

ajb007/cheers

I think The Death Collector is an excellent alternative to Garden...but as long as they finally tell that story  ajb007/martini

I'd be down for that trilogy too.  ajb007/martini

Matt S wrote:
Jarvio wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

ajb007/cheers

Based on the safe house in Spectre, I don't think they're planning on using "The Hildebrand Rarity".

I suppose not. I do hope they'll use it one day though.

Have they ever used a bond title from a non-fleming novel? I don't think they have. Will it ever happen?

Jarvio wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

I suppose not. I do hope they'll use it one day though.

Have they ever used a bond title from a non-fleming novel? I don't think they have. Will it ever happen?

They have not. Wouldn't EoN need to purchase the rights to those? There were some really great titles.

The Bloefeld trilogy is TB, OHMSS and YOLT. Unfortunately they shot them in the wrong order.

After the reboot, CR, QoS and SF pave the way for SP, so my take on this would be that CR and QoS are the new DN and FRWL in the new universe. SF would be the new TB, so not superfluous at all, SP is OHMSS and the revenge story is yet to come. We'll see what happens with Blofeld and Madeleine.

Ah, the Craig films as EON's first films. I guess I'd think of SF as Craig's GF, both films ignore the Spectre frame.

On the subject of Blofeld, I noticed tonight that Rob Brydon has the same
Phraseology and delivery as Christoph Waltz  ajb007/biggrin

blueman wrote:

Ah, the Craig films as EON's first films. I guess I'd think of SF as Craig's GF, both films ignore the Spectre frame.

No, just GF. Silva worked for Blofeld.

Thunderpussy wrote:

The phantom Ernst
Attack of the  spectres

A New Bond
Blofeld Strikes Back
Return of the 00 Section

Spectre Awakens

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

ajb007/lol  nicely done " The Farce is strong with you "  ajb007/martini

Virgil37 wrote:
blueman wrote:

No, just GF. Silva worked for Blofeld.

Yes, but that was retrospectively done; no mention in the actual film of Silva being linked to Spectre.

am I the only one who thinks that DC's first three movies resemble the first three of SC? ajb007/smile

"You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

HatThrowingHenchman wrote:

am I the only one who thinks that DC's first three movies resemble the first three of SC? ajb007/smile

Sorry, not at all. I thought they were some of the furthest Bond films from any of Connery's films. On the other hand, I though Spectre was Connery-like.