Re: SPECTRE Bluray & DVD

Thunderpussy wrote:

Imagine the old days before even vhs, after the cinema release
It could take between seven to eight years before you'd get to
see it again on TV  ajb007/biggrin. I think in the future, you'll be able to buy
the download when it's showing at the cinema.

I kind of miss those days. The James Bond Film on TV was a real event & something you avidly looked forward to. I remember being sooo excited when I saw Roger Moore, Britt Ekland & Maud Adams on the cover of the 1980 TV Times: THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN on telly, at last! Now we just take it all for granted & still have the gall to moan!  ajb007/smile

Nothing wrong with a good old moan.  ajb007/lol
I used to get so excited, coming up to Christmas. Just waiting to see the
ITV upcoming Films adverts, simply to catch a glimpse of the "New to TV"
Bond film.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Ah halcyon days! And now good old itv seem to be playing a bond film every week! Somebody there has class and good taste  ajb007/martini

It was either that.....or the priesthood

What do you get in the Amazon UK steelbook that's different to the normal Blu Ray? Is it just the packaging?

Also - itunes UK is saying release date is April - is that right?!?

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

Enjoying Death wrote:
HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
chrisisall wrote:

I really don't like that picture of Dan, it's very unflattering with that truck-with-the-high-beams-on lighting. ajb007/rolleyes

I'll go for the Amazon steelbook:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71tqw1s6oqL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks like an Amazon UK exclusive sadly.  ajb007/crap

I'm in the States. The Skyfall steelook from the UK wasn't region locked. I'm assuming this will be the same situation.

Dufus wrote:

What do you get in the Amazon UK steelbook that's different to the normal Blu Ray? Is it just the packaging?

Yep. Just comes in a metal case with different artwork.

Vandrell wrote:
Dufus wrote:

Yep. Just comes in a metal case with different artwork.

Just the BluRay for me then......no way I'm waiting until April either!!

I have read that there's an option for an early digital download on the 18th
of Feb ?

Is the steel book the only "special edition" that they are going to be releasing that you know of?

If you can't wait for the release to come out I hear that there is a blu ray 1080p copy floating around online. I wouldn't visit such sights but if your so inclined.

RedDawn289 wrote:

If you can't wait for the release to come out I hear that there is a blu ray 1080p copy floating around online. I wouldn't visit such sights but if your so inclined.

AJB does NOT condone or promote the sale of counterfeit items.

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Of course not! That would be stealing directly from bond!

Sure it's not! Although downloading movies for your own purpose is in Poland absolutely legal, even if the source is illegal ajb007/biggrin It's good to be a law student sometimes ^^ But in the EU it's not so easy as one act of the European Court of Justice clearly says that if the source is illegal it's illegal - Poland has just not implemented that directive as for now. For, well, reasons.  ajb007/rolleyes

Has anyone heard of any plans to release an updated "Daniel Craig bluray collection" that includes SPECTRE?

"You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"

Watching it in HD on iTunes right now!

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

Um, but IF you're going to purchase the movie but simply can't wait a further month until release (having also gladly paid at the cinema before) that wouldn't be so bad... afaik, some states in the US will protect the right of the consumer to obtain backup copies for legally-obtained works.

Not saying that I have downloaded anything, but if I had, then I would let it be stated for the record that my money was already put down for the LE steelbook.  ajb007/wink

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
"The very words I live by."

writingsonthewall wrote:

Um, but IF you're going to purchase the movie but simply can't wait a further month until release (having also gladly paid at the cinema before) that wouldn't be so bad... afaik, some states in the US will protect the right of the consumer to obtain backup copies for legally-obtained works.

Not saying that I have downloaded anything, but if I had, then I would let it be stated for the record that my money was already put down for the LE steelbook.  ajb007/wink

Well said. Mine as well.

As if January doesn't already feel like a ridiculously long month, Feb 22nd seems an awfully long time away..........

It's not even that I felt Spectre was an outstanding film - I much prefer CR and then Skyfall - but I'm looking forward to seeing it again, hoping it's a 'grower'.........

writingsonthewall wrote:

Not, as far as I'm aware, in advance of the legitimate release. You can talk it in circles all day and try to justify the ethics, but the law is clear, and downloading or streaming pirated content is illegal. Might just want to keep all that off these boards altogether.

After now watching the itunes HD version, I have to say I am disappointed with the lack on any new extras (except for an elongated opening scene making of)....its just the short vlogs re-hashed...they seemed to have taken this route for SkyFall as well and I miss new makings of, cut scenes, etc...

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

The Mantis wrote:

After now watching the itunes HD version, I have to say I am disappointed with the lack on any new extras (except for an elongated opening scene making of)....its just the short vlogs re-hashed...they seemed to have taken this route for SkyFall as well and I miss new makings of, cut scenes, etc...

Agree - piss poor!!

Instagram - bondclothes007

Sad  ajb007/crap I had hopes for more.

welshboy78 wrote:
The Mantis wrote:

Agree - piss poor!!

Very eloquently put Welshboy ajb007/lol it is very disappointing,  I miss comprehensive extras and enjoyed the making offs and interviews on CR and QoS in their own right.

ajb007/lol

The CR extras were fantastic indeed. 

That reminds me - I only have the "standard" CR blu ray from the 50th Anniversary box set.   Am I missing much from the double CR deluxe blu ray release????

Instagram - bondclothes007

I don't think there is much difference with regard to mini documentaries. Making offs etc, I got the double deluxe edition and it had the same stuff on as the dvd double edition.