Re: SPECTRE Bluray & DVD

explore007 wrote:

Hi Folks

Does anybody else have a problem with the dark scenes on the DVD playing very dark with hardly any definition (Mr White scene for example)

We have Samsung DVD and TV etc and for some reason the dark scenes are just that - almost black - we had a similar problem with a Lincoln DVD so maybe its our set up but am interested if anybody else has this problem before buying a new player!!!

Thanks

You need to adjust brightness & contrast IMO.

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

chrisisall wrote:
explore007 wrote:

Hi Folks

Does anybody else have a problem with the dark scenes on the DVD playing very dark with hardly any definition (Mr White scene for example)

We have Samsung DVD and TV etc and for some reason the dark scenes are just that - almost black - we had a similar problem with a Lincoln DVD so maybe its our set up but am interested if anybody else has this problem before buying a new player!!!

Thanks

You need to adjust brightness & contrast IMO.

Yeah we have tried all of that and can't get around it - other DVD's are absolutely fine as well - maybe that the more recently manufactured have an issue - will keep investigating

chrisisall wrote:

Now that most of us have had a chance to see it again at home, I have a question.
Was SPECTRE Craig's Thunderball? That's how I see it- does anyone have a better comparison film?

Excellent comparison. Both middling entrys, better early sections. Unlikely to be the firm favourite of many, but has some decent scenes and a strong performance as Bond. Weak payoff, some really overlong and drawn out scenes, and far too long, uninspiring villain (Largo always seemed like a S.p.e.c.t.r.e OP's Director rather than a major player)

Last edited by zaphod99 (28th Feb 2016 09:13)

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

If co paring Craig to Connery in terms of overall opinions, I'd say:

CR is Craig's FRWL
QoS is Craig's DAF
SF is Craig's GF
SP is Craig's YOLT

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

MilleniumForce wrote:

If co paring Craig to Connery in terms of overall opinions, I'd say:
QoS is Craig's DAF

WARNING: CREDIBILITY RATING RATING DROPPING TO DANGEROUS LEVELS

Think my Steelbook Blu Ray from Amazon is due to arrive today after its long journey from the UK!

Might have to be a SPECTRE night tonite  ajb007/biggrin

Instagram - bondclothes007

ajb007/lol  the other day I watched it three times.

Tried to watch it again yesterday, got halfway through the titles thought "f*** this" and put FRWL on instead ,still IMHO the worst of the movies.

Come on , FRWL isn't all that bad !  ajb007/wink   ajb007/biggrin

sniperUK wrote:

Tried to watch it again yesterday, got halfway through the titles thought "f*** this" and put FRWL on instead ,still IMHO the worst of the movies.

The first time I think I've ever heard FRWL called the worst of the movies.  ajb007/crap

To be fair to old SniperUK,  he wasn't saying that. I was just pulling his leg about how he'd
written it.  ajb007/smile  just as you are pulling his leg too. ajb007/wink  no one can doubt the  greatness of FRWL.  ajb007/heart
it is good .......... Not Spectre good obviously, but close !  ajb007/biggrin

At last the Blu-Ray is out in South Africa. Got my copy yesterday, and watched all the special features last night (which didn't take very long at all.) Certainly the most disappointing Bond release ever in terms of supplemental material, although I thought the piece about the Mexico scene was very good. If only there could have been similar material for the rest of the film then I would have been fairly satisfied. And a director's commentary too!

Now I just need to find an appropriate evening to rewatch the film...all my nights are fully booked already this week!

Golrush007 wrote:

At last the Blu-Ray is out in South Africa. Got my copy yesterday, and watched all the special features last night (which didn't take very long at all.) Certainly the most disappointing Bond release ever in terms of supplemental material, although I thought the piece about the Mexico scene was very good. If only there could have been similar material for the rest of the film then I would have been fairly satisfied. And a director's commentary too!

Now I just need to find an appropriate evening to rewatch the film...all my nights are fully booked already this week!

I was thinking the same thing honestly. I would have loved to have seen more behind the scenes footage. Also, I'm disappointed in the level of releases lately. I remember when CR came out it came in a special edition set with some poker chips and two decks of cards. What happened to those cool releases with collectibles? Even Star Wars, which came out yesterday, didn't include any special items.

1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
"I never joke about my work, 007."

You can read between the lines on the Spectre home video release that they weren't terribly pleased with the end product. From the sort of muted press tour (compared to the celebration of Skyfall) to the lack of bonus features and commentaries (again, compare the TWO separate commentaries included with Skyfall), it's kind of clear that Eon weren't in a very celebratory mood about Spectre. (See also: the Quantum Of Solace DVD)

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

You can read between the lines on the Spectre home video release that they weren't terribly pleased with the end product. From the sort of muted press tour (compared to the celebration of Skyfall) to the lack of bonus features and commentaries (again, compare the TWO separate commentaries included with Skyfall), it's kind of clear that Eon weren't in a very celebratory mood about Spectre. (See also: the Quantum Of Solace DVD)

Maybe they just thought it was not an anniversary movie so there was no need for any particular bells and whistles?

Apart from commentary did Skyfall have any extras - I only remember mega short lazy web clips!?

Instagram - bondclothes007

Skyfall had a fairly comprehensive making-of documentary. About an hour in length if I remember correctly.

Watching Spectre again tonight, I have to say how much I really  enjoyed the Train fight.
Brilliant bit of fight choreography, lots of little bits of business. Also the fact that there is
no music, just the sounds of punches. When the music does kick in in the cargo carriage
to my unenlightened  ear, sounds very Hitchcock.

SPECTRE is world class Bond. Dan goes out on a definite high note.

Very disappointed with the current SP features.... A few years ago two-discs were released, jam-packed with extra material. And now we get a few features, not even trailers? Come on...

Where I can buy Blu-Ray SPECTRE with enhanced packaging (slip)?

DENIS BOND wrote:

I got one with a slip at Best Buy.
ajb007/martini

1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby

This?
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A … 87hZFWIVnQ

Remington wrote:
DENIS BOND wrote:

I got one with a slip at Best Buy.
ajb007/martini

Yeah thats the one.
ajb007/martini

1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby

Thanks! ajb007/martini

Remington wrote:

Yeah thats the one.
ajb007/martini