26

Re: Hinx train fight

I once made the mistake of pointing out to Mrs TP, when she mentioned
Something about watching the same Bond so many times ! How much time
She spent watching Emmerdale, Corrie and EastEnders. .......... Big mistake !  ajb007/lol

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

27

Re: Hinx train fight

Matt S wrote:
martini wrote:

Well, there are other diners, and then when Hinx arrives there are none, and zero staff in the kitchen (or at all).

I dunno, I noticed it and it was annoying.

More annoying, was Hinx first and only word being "  Brexit ".

I was going to ask if you watched a kid's version, but I see in the quote that this forum changes the word. That's amusing.

Amused me too!

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
martini wrote:

Well, there are other diners, and then when Hinx arrives there are none, and zero staff in the kitchen (or at all).

Oy, this nitpick. The action is (rightly) focused on the people fighting, but if for some unknown reason you look at the edges of the frame during the parts when you're supposed to, you know, be watching the fight, then yes, you can see bystanders.

Thank you, I sit corrected ajb007/smile

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"

28

Re: Hinx train fight

ajb007/lol  I've done the same....and people complain about the scripts in bond films?!? Obviously never seen a British soap! We have an understanding in my house now, I cook Sunday dinner and it's become customary for me to watch a bond film while cooking..... And usually joined by a 6year old girl and my 15 month old boy who loves the bond theme.....the wife gets to watch scummerdale and old cronenation St by herself.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

29

Re: Hinx train fight

With or without bystanders, it's still one of my favourite fights
from the series.  ajb007/martini

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

30

Re: Hinx train fight

Matt S wrote:
martini wrote:

Well, there are other diners, and then when Hinx arrives there are none, and zero staff in the kitchen (or at all).

I dunno, I noticed it and it was annoying.

More annoying, was Hinx first and only word being "  Brexit ".

I was going to ask if you watched a kid's version, but I see in the quote that this forum changes the word. That's amusing.

It's a necessary precaution, though the forum prides itself on the loyalty and devotion of its members.

31

Re: Hinx train fight

There's a stream on Putlocker, i think.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

32

Re: Hinx train fight

martini wrote:

More annoying, was Hinx first and only word being "  Brexit ".

I agree; I think Hinx's swearing was a bit gratuitous. I would have preferred something like "oh no" like Joe Pesci in Goodfellas, or even just a look of resignation on his face, showing that he understands what is about to happen and there's nothing he can do about it. Violence in the Bond films doesn't bother me, and I think the Hinx train fight is one of the best fight scenes I've seen, but swearing gets to me a bit (even though I swear plenty in my own life), and I'd prefer the Bond scriptwriters to use other language.

33

Re: Hinx train fight

Apologies if its been discussed already but I just saw it this past Sunday and had a long day today.......

There's definitely a bigger logic issue with this fight: Blofelhauser approved of Hinx killing Bond just like that?

Would not Blofelhauser want to reveal his grand plan and get his vengeance and torture Bond? He was okay with Hinx killing him like that?

Still loved the movie... but they threw the logic away but gave us a train fight?

Yes. Consssssiderably.

34

Re: Hinx train fight

martini wrote:

Well, there are other diners, and then when Hinx arrives there are none, and zero staff in the kitchen (or at all).

I dunno, I noticed it and it was annoying.

More annoying, was Hinx first and only word being "  Brexit ".

It's interesting that the things that bug some of us don't touch others at all. I noticed this, but was just never bothered by it. There is so much else both going for SP and counting against it that for me it got lost in the noise. I also would have preferred  Hinx to have remained silent. I was hoping for a number of encounters between him and Bond as had been suggested but alas no.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

35

Re: Hinx train fight

armenianmovieman wrote:

Apologies if its been discussed already but I just saw it this past Sunday and had a long day today.......

There's definitely a bigger logic issue with this fight: Blofelhauser approved of Hinx killing Bond just like that?

Would not Blofelhauser want to reveal his grand plan and get his vengeance and torture Bond? He was okay with Hinx killing him like that?

Still loved the movie... but they threw the logic away but gave us a train fight?

I don't think logic would enter the mind of a madman like Blofeld, he's clearly unhinged and would just want bond eliminated anyway possible.
The train fight is a beaut IMHO and I wouldn't be suprised to see hinx back in a later film, as a homage to Jaws after all he survived.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

36

Re: Hinx train fight

Chriscoop wrote:

I don't think logic would enter the mind of a SPECTRE scriptwriter , they're clearly unhinged .

Fixed that  ajb007/insane  ajb007/shifty

37

Re: Hinx train fight

Chriscoop wrote:
armenianmovieman wrote:

Apologies if its been discussed already but I just saw it this past Sunday and had a long day today.......

There's definitely a bigger logic issue with this fight: Blofelhauser approved of Hinx killing Bond just like that?

Would not Blofelhauser want to reveal his grand plan and get his vengeance and torture Bond? He was okay with Hinx killing him like that?

Still loved the movie... but they threw the logic away but gave us a train fight?

I don't think logic would enter the mind of a madman like Blofeld, he's clearly unhinged and would just want bond eliminated anyway possible.
The train fight is a beaut IMHO and I wouldn't be suprised to see hinx back in a later film, as a homage to Jaws after all he survived.

Just so long that Hinx doesn't fall in love and become a good guy.

There are limits to this homage business! ajb007/smile

38

Re: Hinx train fight

Gala Brand wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:
armenianmovieman wrote:

Apologies if its been discussed already but I just saw it this past Sunday and had a long day today.......

There's definitely a bigger logic issue with this fight: Blofelhauser approved of Hinx killing Bond just like that?

Would not Blofelhauser want to reveal his grand plan and get his vengeance and torture Bond? He was okay with Hinx killing him like that?

Still loved the movie... but they threw the logic away but gave us a train fight?

I don't think logic would enter the mind of a madman like Blofeld, he's clearly unhinged and would just want bond eliminated anyway possible.
The train fight is a beaut IMHO and I wouldn't be suprised to see hinx back in a later film, as a homage to Jaws after all he survived.

Just so long that Hinx doesn't fall in love and become a good guy.
There are limits to this homage business! ajb007/smile

I fear that we have passed the point of no return in this respect, it's endless homage and recycling from here on in I'm afraid

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

39

Re: Hinx train fight

I agree, so in many ways my comment is an Homage to your own.  ajb007/biggrin

Although I think many see an Homage, when there isn't one. A series with so many
Films, will occasionally go over familiar ground, and  several of the script writers
aren't as knowledgeable on the series as many fans are.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

40

Re: Hinx train fight

Thunderpussy wrote:

I agree, so in many ways my comment is an Homage to your own.  ajb007/biggrin

Although I think many see an Homage, when there isn't one. A series with so many
Films, will occasionally go over familiar ground, and  several of the script writers
aren't as knowledgeable on the series as many fans are.

I think that for it to be an homage there needs to be a self conscious awareness in the writing and production which I certainly recognise in Skyfall and SP. Less so in QOS and CR is a different case altogether.i don't mind it if it's in passing and if the narrative has a voice of its own

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

41

Re: Hinx train fight

I'd like to pay homage to Tp's homage.... It is inevitable that old ground will be retread and whenever bond steps foot on a train there will be cries of its like frwl, or TSWLM, etc and let's not forget lald also, but so far bond has fought on every mode of transport, is qos boat chase a homage to tmwtgg? Probably not,.  I just enjoy the films as individual entities, sometimes I see a similarity but it doesn't irk me at all.
Also a train is probably the best way to cross morrocco. Given the terrible roads and lack of airports, and to be honest was a cracking place for the hinx fight.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

42

Re: Hinx train fight

I love a good train fight in my Bond films. There is something about fighting in an enclosed space that lends the fight a brutal quality. The train fight in SP was a definite highlight of the film.  ajb007/martini

1.ohmss  2.cr  3.frwl  4.ltk  5.gf  6.tswlm  7.sf  8.op  9.tld  10.dn  11.lald  12.tb  13.fyeo  14.ge  15.mr  16.yolt  17.tnd  18.avtak  19.sp  20.twine  21.qos  22.tmwtgg  23.daf  24.dad

43

Re: Hinx train fight

ajb007/cheers  seconded

It was either that.....or the priesthood

44

Re: Hinx train fight

I know  I'll be watching  it again many times on bluray.  ajb007/cheers
I just love how "big" Hinx looks on the train, he simply fills
a corridor.  ajb007/martini

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

45

Re: Hinx train fight

A confined space certainly adds to the drama and intensity of a fight scene.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

46

Re: Hinx train fight

It's interesting that in very few of the Bond action scenes are members of the public put at risk. The big action scenes usually happen at remote locales where it's strictly good guys v. bad guys. Silva's rampage through London is an exception, but even then the big action scene is at a remote locale.

You would think that having the public at risk would add to the suspense, but EON has very rarely gone in that direction.

47

Re: Hinx train fight

Gala Brand wrote:

It's interesting that in very few of the Bond action scenes are members of the public put at risk. The big action scenes usually happen at remote locales where it's strictly good guys v. bad guys. Silva's rampage through London is an exception, but even then the big action scene is at a remote locale.

You would think that having the public at risk would add to the suspense, but EON has very rarely gone in that direction.

Very true. Even when there's a fight in a public place like in OP, TND or SF I never feel like the public is in danger.

48

Re: Hinx train fight

I love the little scene during the PTS of TLD, when Bond fighting the Russian
assassin in the land Rover, sees a family in a car, and even fighting the Russian
steers the land Rover past them.  ajb007/smile

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

49

Re: Hinx train fight

Gala Brand wrote:

It's interesting that in very few of the Bond action scenes are members of the public put at risk. The big action scenes usually happen at remote locales where it's strictly good guys v. bad guys. Silva's rampage through London is an exception, but even then the big action scene is at a remote locale.

You would think that having the public at risk would add to the suspense, but EON has very rarely gone in that direction.

Did you miss the helicopter at the beginning of SPECTRE?

"It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"

50

Re: Hinx train fight

I always assumed it was simply one of those movie rules,
That any chase can take place through any crowded event.
With no innocents being hurt by the hero, although "Bad guys"
Can hurt innocents, as after all they're ....... Bad Guys.  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”