Re: Blofeld Behind Everything Actually Helps Skyfall Make Some Sense

Chriscoop wrote:

Maybe Blofeld just told bond this to wind him up?

That's entirely possible since Blofeld also BS'd about the memory loss Bond would experience from a tiny drill going into his cortx (you'd need to do more than poke a small hole to do what he'd described)...

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

Well Blofeld is clearly deeply psychotic,  killing his own father,  jealousy issues etc, Silva just comes across unhinged to me.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I'd agree.  Silva is "crazy," whereas Blofeld is "sociopathic."

Silva wasn't working for Blofeld. All that happened was his DNA was on the ring, so he most likely just shook hands with Sciarra after doing a gun or drug trade with him. Furthermore Quantum wasn't a subsection of Spectre, but rather Mr. White was a double agent working for Spectre. Silva didn't need Spectre to hack into Mi6 because Mi6 hacked itself, Q put the flash drive in like Silva was planning on. you don't need some elaborate scheme when the problem falls on carelessness, and if you think that's unrealistic, the NSA does stupid stuff like that all the time. I see Blofeld's "it was all me" as just showmanship and trying to get into BOnd's head. He wasn't behind Vesper or Mathis or M's death, those were just happy accidents, and being a sociopath Blofeld took credit for them.  To his credit, he was lurking behind the curtains during all of this, just didn't do anything to lead to the things he claims.

It's an interesting interpretation, though I don't think it's how it was intended.   Occam's Razor:  Blofeld says he is the author of all of Bond's pain (starting with with Vesper), White works for him, the DNA is all on the ring, all of them work for Blofeld, as is implied.

Shatterfang wrote:

Silva wasn't working for Blofeld. All that happened was his DNA was on the ring, so he most likely just shook hands with Sciarra after doing a gun or drug trade with him. Furthermore Quantum wasn't a subsection of Spectre, but rather Mr. White was a double agent working for Spectre. Silva didn't need Spectre to hack into Mi6 because Mi6 hacked itself, Q put the flash drive in like Silva was planning on. you don't need some elaborate scheme when the problem falls on carelessness, and if you think that's unrealistic, the NSA does stupid stuff like that all the time. I see Blofeld's "it was all me" as just showmanship and trying to get into Bond's head. He wasn't behind Vesper or Mathis or M's death, those were just happy accidents, and being a sociopath Blofeld took credit for them.  To his credit, he was lurking behind the curtains during all of this, just didn't do anything to lead to the things he claims.

I can buy this.
In part.

Last edited by chrisisall (1st Mar 2016 20:43)

The thing I don't get about SP's retcon is how both Le Chiffre and Mr White are claimed as employees of SPECTRE. In CR, Le Chiffre and Mr White don't appear to belong to the same organization. Mr White's organization makes the introduction of LeChiffre to Obanno, and they eliminate Le Chiffre when he loses Obanno's money because of the reputational damage he's caused to the quality of their referrals. The clear implication is that Le Chiffre is an independent player, handled by the organization as an agency but not a member of that organization himself.

The middle-aged Asian dude with the grey ponytail who's in CR, among the poker players on the high table, seems to be the same guy looking over the balcony, next to Bond, at SPECTRE's board meeting in the Italian villa. Perhaps it's part of the retcon that at the poker table he was one of Mr White's associates, an agent of SPECTRE/Quantum charged with keeping an eye on Le Chiffre as Le Chiffre attempted to recoup Obanno's money.

Last edited by Shady Tree (14th Mar 2016 21:50)

Le Chiffre and Mr White - same organisation, just a different branch (or octopus tentacle)...did they even know Blofeld was behind each other ?

And the "middle-aged Asian guy" isn't the same guy - this has been discussed before somewhere abouts  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

Sir Miles wrote:

Le Chiffre and Mr White - same organisation, just a different branch (or octopus tentacle)...did they even know Blofeld was behind each other ?

And the "middle-aged Asian guy" isn't the same guy - this has been discussed before somewhere abouts  ajb007/martini

Ah, sorry... I missed that.

Whatever issues there may be with the retcon - however clunky it may seem - it gives rise to a brilliant main titles sequence which takes a cue from the OHMSS main titles in flashing back to iconic figures from previous movies... that alone justifies the retcon!

^ No problem  ajb007/martini

It can be difficult to keep up with everything discussed here  ajb007/lol

Sir Miles wrote:

Here you go: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47034/cas … n-spectre/  Apparently it's his brother (Tom So in CR06, Clem So in SP).

Barbel wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

Here you go: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47034/cas … n-spectre/  Apparently it's his brother (Tom So in CR06, Clem So in SP).

Ah yes...thank you  ajb007/martini

I remember this stuff being discussed but I seldom remember in which thread  ajb007/embarrassed

Old age creeping up on you, Sir Miles!  ajb007/lol

Barbel wrote:

Old age creeping up on you, Sir Miles!  ajb007/lol

Not so much creeping as stomping right up behind me  ajb007/amazed  ajb007/biggrin

I didn't like the idea of Silva being a part of Spectre either. I'm fine with Le Chiffre and Greene, but Silva seemed like he was doing it alone and what he was doing was personal.

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

MilleniumForce wrote:

I didn't like the idea of Silva being a part of Spectre either. I'm fine with Le Chiffre and Greene, but Silva seemed like he was doing it alone and what he was doing was personal.

Perhaps Blofeld was giving him the info he needed to do what he wanted..?..maybe Silva was unknowingly being manipulated by Blofeld ?

On the reach of Blofeld's tentacles...

I'm more concerned, really, with the way in which SP's retcon imagery seems to imply a lowlier place for Greene in the rank order of Craig-era villains than even Mr White. True, Greene is namechecked by Blofeld alongside Le Chiffre and Silva, and his image appears on Q's laptop as well as theirs, but, crucially, his standing is diminished by an absence of his image from the main titles line-up of iconic blasts from the past; and his mugshot is missing from the makeshift gallery erected by Blofeld to taunt Bond inside the condemned MI6 headquarters at Vauxhall. It's almost as if QOS is being snubbed by these two notable exclusions for its principal villain; it's as though the franchise is acknowledging the troubled reputation of QOS in popular opinion, by sidelining Greene. Shame. I'm now a card-carrying QOS convert; a won-over, revisionist, QOS enthusiast... and Greene is my favourite reboot-era villain!

Last edited by Shady Tree (15th Mar 2016 21:17)

I think, whilst it may be to make people forget about QoS, I think it may also be because Greene never really have an affect on Bond. He's just sort of........there.

1.LTK  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.FYEO  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.TWINE  20.OHMSS  21.DAF  22.DAD  23.QoS  24.NSNA  25.DN  26.CR (67)

You saw his face & that's enough for me.

At least we don't get an OHMSS-style cleaner whistling the tune to 'Another Way To Die' while sweeping an MI6 office floor.

For which we can be thankful- there's very little tune to whistle there!

I thought I could hear it in the grinding  gears and twisting metal of the crashing helicopter  ?
Definitely  sounded like it.  ajb007/wink

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

Sounded better than it!  ajb007/lol

Barbel wrote:

For which we can be thankful- there's very little tune to whistle there!

Steady now  ajb007/shifty

ajb007/bond

ajb007/biggrin   ...I was waiting for that!