1,226

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

ajb007/lol  I think he's inconsolable! I do agree with Jason about the gaps.

1,227

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

BruceMurdock wrote:

Did you miss the part where he said Bond25 will more than likely be his last one?

How can anyone believe anything he says. I even will only really believe he is back once EON kindly moves their lazy asses and announces it.

Dalton Rulez™

1,228

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

EON have announced hes back.  Check out 007.com

Instagram - bondclothes007

1,229

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
BruceMurdock wrote:

Did you miss the part where he said Bond25 will more than likely be his last one?

How can anyone believe anything he says. I even will only really believe he is back once EON kindly moves their lazy asses and announces it.

Because I can tell when someone is being genuine and he was being genuine.

"No for me."
"You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
"I never miss..."
"Time to face gravity!"

1,230

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

So EON confirmed. Good.

Anyone aware of the fact that it will have taken BB probably almost 20 years to get a new era rolling.
Craig was announced in 2005.
Actor 7 in 2022/2023? Even if it's only 16/17 years in the end it's grotesque.

Dalton Rulez™

1,231

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Sean Connery, 1967:
"This will be my last James Bond film" (it wasn't)

Sean Connery, 1971:
"This will be my last James Bond film" (it wasn't)

Roger Moore, 1981:
"This will be my last James Bond film" (it wasn't)

Roger Moore, 1983:
"This will be my last James Bond film" (it wasn't)

Pierce Brosnan, 2002:
"This won't be my last James Bond film" (it was  ajb007/frown )

Daniel Craig, 2017:
"This will be my last James Bond film" (who knows...?)

(Paraphrased, the exact quotes can easily be found)

1,232

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Craig will be bought back again for Bond 26.

Dalton Rulez™

1,233

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Craig will be bought back again for Bond 26.

Jason, I don't know if that's a typo or a subtle comment!  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

1,234

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I'm very happy to see Dc confirmed at last,  I would hazard a guess that all has not been well in the eon /bond camp,  I honestly think he has been waiting for a story before he was willing to confirm also the " go out on a high" quote is deafening to me as a swipe at Spectre. 
The time frame is ridiculous with the 4 year gap but I think someone somewhere dropped the ball,  not DC.  But I have grown weary of all this will he won't he,  when is it going to happen crap.  Why not just say after Spectre,  that he would do another bond if he was excited enough by the script?  Its all come from a non story perpetuated by the media mainly from a misquote.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

1,235

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Looks like he will indeed be doing it only for the money...

1,236

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I imagine they won't be doing any back-to-back shooting, which might make sense if Craig was game for it, but he has his good reasons for wanting to avoid that.

Also, because of the big 60th anniversary in 2022 they might want to keep him on again, but that is a long way into the future, and it really depends on how Bond 25 does - if it is well received then I could see the case for wanting to keep him on. It seems unlikely he'll it the magic 7 number of films though.

1,237

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Finally! I am so relieved that now, the 'next bond actor' rumours can be put to bed. It was annoying and depressing me, so I am extremely glad that's all over with now!

It seems to me that it will be a YOLT adaption, based on the following points:
1 - The remaking of OHMSS rumour - I think what they mean by that is, re-do the whole bond getting married and wife getting killed. Then this would lead into the YOLT story, which seems likely because of the next point
2 - The Shatterhand title, and further backed by the next point
3 - If it really is DC's last, then Blofeld needs to get killed off. In the YOLT book, Blofeld gets killed off

So, will we finally see The Garden Of Death filmed? I've always wanted this and dreamed this, do you think I can finally say it's now a realistic possibility?

1 - Lald, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Avtak, 4 - Op, 5 - Dn, 6 - Fyeo, 7 - Tswlm, 8 - Daf, 9 - Sf, 10 - Ohmss, 11 - Yolt, 12 - Ge, 13 - Tld, 14 - Mr, 15 - Gf, 16 - Tb, 17 - Tmwtgg, 18 - Sp, 19 - Tnd, 20 - Dad, 21 - Twine, 22 - Frwl, 23 - Cr, 24 - Qos

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

1,238

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I'd love a stand-alone unrelated adventure, but think if they are going to continue insisting on linking everything up then Jarvio's thoughts are the way to do it. Fleming material is a plus as far as I'm concerned.

1,239

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

It will yet be another rehash of TWINE/SF, it's P+W, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high people.

Dalton Rulez™

1,240

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Yes, this is good news in a pragmatic sense, in that with no viable replacements IMO among the pool of known contenders, DC is the best candidate or in the least, a nice placeholder to keep the series alive.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

1,241

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Much as I like DC as 007. I do feel this huge break until
The next film is very annoying. With plenty of contenders
Out there to play the role. We could have had a new  Bond
and a film possibly as soon as next year.
  So I have mixed emotions  over the news.  ajb007/crap

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

1,242

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Never in the history of Bond have more very good contenders for the role been around. The list is endless and all of them seem (to me) to be a much better choice for Bond 25 than Grandpa Craig.

EON is walking on dangerous ground now, Bond 25 has the potential to do the franchise in, or it gets sold for too low a price to the wrong company.

Bond 25 should have been the start to a new era. 2022 could have seen an established Bond for the 60th Anniversary.

The only upside to this is that P+W can now f*** up again in the same era and will not be around for the new era that begins in 2023 or even later.

Dalton Rulez™

1,243

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Never in the history of Bond have more very good contenders for the role been around. The list is endless and all of them seem (to me) to be a much better choice for Bond 25 than Grandpa Craig.

EON is walking on dangerous ground now, Bond 25 has the potential to do the franchise in, or it gets sold for too low a price to the wrong company.

Bond 25 should have been the start to a new era. 2022 could have seen an established Bond for the 60th Anniversary.

The only upside to this is that P+W can now f*** up again in the same era and will not be around for the new era that begins in 2023 or even later.

Remarkable how you  liken Craig to a grandpa when he's only a few years older than yourself!  And not too dissimilar an age to Pierce or connery in their later films and considerably younger than Roger Moore.  I also find it frustrating that Bond 25 is being maligned before its even started filming.  When it comes out and if people feel it's below par then sure let's have a discussion but rubbishing it at this stage is just negative IMHO

It was either that.....or the priesthood

1,244

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I NEVER LEFT! 
https://s2.postimg.cc/8ivqezzjp/20170816_093215.jpg

It was either that.....or the priesthood

1,245

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Chriscoop wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Never in the history of Bond have more very good contenders for the role been around. The list is endless and all of them seem (to me) to be a much better choice for Bond 25 than Grandpa Craig.

EON is walking on dangerous ground now, Bond 25 has the potential to do the franchise in, or it gets sold for too low a price to the wrong company.

Bond 25 should have been the start to a new era. 2022 could have seen an established Bond for the 60th Anniversary.

The only upside to this is that P+W can now f*** up again in the same era and will not be around for the new era that begins in 2023 or even later.

Remarkable how you  liken Craig to a grandpa when he's only a few years older than yourself!  And not too dissimilar an age to Pierce or connery in their later films and considerably younger than Roger Moore.  I also find it frustrating that Bond 25 is being maligned before its even started filming.  When it comes out and if people feel it's below par then sure let's have a discussion but rubbishing it at this stage is just negative IMHO

Not sure what my age has to do with anything.

It's the looks. Moore started at 45 and looked like 35, only in AVTAK he finally caught up with his age and was WAY too old looking for Bond.
The looks is what counts. Craig looks older than he is now. Which doesn't mean he doesn't look good, Dalton and Brosnan still look fantastic but that is not the point.

Bond should never look older than 50 in a cinematic Bond. It will be just ridiculous. Unless they go for the NSNA route and make fun of Craig's age during the film.

Dalton Rulez™

1,246

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

Link to HI RES version of the entire interview:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNr9xdc6cVA

Apologies if some of us had to be a bit mum on these things other than there will be an announcement but I am sure there will be more news to come!

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

1,247

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I never really felt like Daniel Craig's return was truly in doubt, unless there was a Daltonesque overlong hiatus.

I'm glad that Bond 25 will apparently be his swansong. I think the time is right for him to hang up the old PPK, but I hope and pray that it will be a worthy finale for his tenure as Bond. He deserves it.

1,248

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I won't say anything more about this matter than this.

Fact is, I can easily admit, I am not happy with this scenario. Four years after SP we get the same old team. Wouldn't be surprised if it even was Mendes again in the end, even if that seems unlikely just now.

Only way my interest could be revived in this era would be a director that I can get excited about. But that's unlikely too.

I still am the die-hard Bond fan I have always been since laying eyes on Dalton in TLD in 1987. But as some felt in the Brosnan era I feel now in this era. Craig overall never felt like Bond for me except in SPECTRE which I wish would bookend his era. CR-SP would have been the best bookends in any Bond era, by far.

I just hope that by 2023 or whenever we'll finally get a new team, an actor will be chosen that resembles the Fleming Bond again. Otherwise they can as well cast an American, a woman or Idris Elba.

I'll always have the first 20 Bonds and I'm watching them excessively lately  ajb007/lol Not to say I can't enjoy CR or QOS, both have their entertainment value. CR is a classic for various reasons, the least of which is Craig (for me).

I hope Bond 25 will be all you wish for. Maybe in retrospect if Bond 25 is another GF, TSWLM or GE I can enjoy and love it. Hope dies last.

Dalton Rulez™

1,249

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Never in the history of Bond have more very good contenders for the role been around. The list is endless and all of them seem (to me) to be a much better choice for Bond 25 than Grandpa Craig.

EON is walking on dangerous ground now, Bond 25 has the potential to do the franchise in, or it gets sold for too low a price to the wrong company.

Bond 25 should have been the start to a new era. 2022 could have seen an established Bond for the 60th Anniversary.

The only upside to this is that P+W can now f*** up again in the same era and will not be around for the new era that begins in 2023 or even later.

Remarkable how you  liken Craig to a grandpa when he's only a few years older than yourself!  And not too dissimilar an age to Pierce or connery in their later films and considerably younger than Roger Moore.  I also find it frustrating that Bond 25 is being maligned before its even started filming.  When it comes out and if people feel it's below par then sure let's have a discussion but rubbishing it at this stage is just negative IMHO

Not sure what my age has to do with anything.

It's the looks. Moore started at 45 and looked like 35, only in AVTAK he finally caught up with his age and was WAY too old looking for Bond.
The looks is what counts. Craig looks older than he is now. Which doesn't mean he doesn't look good, Dalton and Brosnan still look fantastic but that is not the point.

Bond should never look older than 50 in a cinematic Bond. It will be just ridiculous. Unless they go for the NSNA route and make fun of Craig's age during the film.

Your own age becomes relevant when you castigate DC for his age!  Which is not far from your own.  If a much younger member held this view then that's a different matter.  As you say yourself age is not as important as looks and I'll wager DC will be in decent shape and many will take inspiration from his bond image in #25.  You are of course always entitled to your opinion as am I but I'd hope name-calling was something we can rise above on AJB. No offence is meant by this.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

1,250

Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

I won't say anything more about this matter than this.

Fact is, I can easily admit, I am not happy with this scenario. Four years after SP we get the same old team. Wouldn't be surprised if it even was Mendes again in the end, even if that seems unlikely just now.

Only way my interest could be revived in this era would be a director that I can get excited about. But that's unlikely too.

I still am the die-hard Bond fan I have always been since laying eyes on Dalton in TLD in 1987. But as some felt in the Brosnan era I feel now in this era. Craig overall never felt like Bond for me except in SPECTRE which I wish would bookend his era. CR-SP would have been the best bookends in any Bond era, by far.

I just hope that by 2023 or whenever we'll finally get a new team, an actor will be chosen that resembles the Fleming Bond again. Otherwise they can as well cast an American, a woman or Idris Elba.

I'll always have the first 20 Bonds and I'm watching them excessively lately  ajb007/lol Not to say I can't enjoy CR or QOS, both have their entertainment value. CR is a classic for various reasons, the least of which is Craig (for me).

I hope Bond 25 will be all you wish for. Maybe in retrospect if Bond 25 is another GF, TSWLM or GE I can enjoy and love it. Hope dies last.

I'm not sure what you mean by a new team. if you mean the regulars (M, Q, Moneypenny,Tanner, Leiter) I disagree. I think they are very good andI hopeto see themin many more bond movies. If you mean director, DoP, screenwriters, composer etc.I woudn't mind, depending on who's taking over.