Re: Bond 25, shooting news and Rumours. ( possible Spoilers)

I mean new producers and new technical staff like composer, story writers etc.

The Scooby Gang is fantastic and it should be the only link to the new era. But with a new era coming in 2023 earliest even they should be replaced, unfortunately...it's all playing out just wrong now.

Dalton Rulez™

I don't think the Scooby Gang should be replaced, they should offer continuity. I don't want a hard Brexit ... I mean reboot, I want a soft reboot with a new Bond, director, at least some new writers, new composer (or David Arnold). But the actor should follow the Craig timeline and have the same Scooby Gang.

Personally I want Whishaw forever. He has a great part in making SPECTRE the wonderful film it is.

We will see how things look in 2023. Maybe Harris and Fiennes still have it in them to continue. Let's hope so. After all they only are around since 2012.

Dalton Rulez™

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Unless they go for the NSNA route and make fun of Craig's age during the film.

I thought you said NSNA doesn't count?  ajb007/smile

Barbel wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Mendes already did that with Craig in Skyfall,  very prematurely in my opinion.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Chriscoop wrote:
Barbel wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

Yes but it wasn't funny, it was annoying and sad.

Dalton Rulez™

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:
Barbel wrote:

Yes but it wasn't funny, it was annoying and sad.

I agree with that!

Is Daniel Craig the first Bond to annonce his resignation before the filming of his last bond movie starts?

Number24 wrote:

Is Daniel Craig the first Bond to annonce his resignation before the filming of his last bond movie starts?

He hasn't announced his resignation. And he will be back for Bond 26 possibly, money dictates it.

And Connery did say YOLT was his last didn't he? Not entirely sure at the moment...

Dalton Rulez™

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

I won't say anything more about this matter than this.

Fact is, I can easily admit, I am not happy with this scenario. Four years after SP we get the same old team. Wouldn't be surprised if it even was Mendes again in the end, even if that seems unlikely just now.

Only way my interest could be revived in this era would be a director that I can get excited about. But that's unlikely too.

I still am the die-hard Bond fan I have always been since laying eyes on Dalton in TLD in 1987. But as some felt in the Brosnan era I feel now in this era. Craig overall never felt like Bond for me except in SPECTRE which I wish would bookend his era. CR-SP would have been the best bookends in any Bond era, by far.

I just hope that by 2023 or whenever we'll finally get a new team, an actor will be chosen that resembles the Fleming Bond again. Otherwise they can as well cast an American, a woman or Idris Elba.

I'll always have the first 20 Bonds and I'm watching them excessively lately  ajb007/lol Not to say I can't enjoy CR or QOS, both have their entertainment value. CR is a classic for various reasons, the least of which is Craig (for me).

I hope Bond 25 will be all you wish for. Maybe in retrospect if Bond 25 is another GF, TSWLM or GE I can enjoy and love it. Hope dies last.

What a drag you are being. Quit maligning Bond 25 before you've seen anything and hope for the best.

Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.

I would say he has. He clearly said to Colbert that Bond25 will be his last. I guess it's possible he might return, especially if the next actor has to leave after one movie, but I doubt it very much. Craig did say "slash my wrist" after SPECTRE, but that was only days after finishing the movie. It can't really be compared to what he said last night. Did Connery say DAF or NSNA was his last before he started filming?

BJB is gonna put himself in hospital with an ulcer at this rate. Maybe we can start a dedicated thread that's like an appendix, or Florida, where all the toxic hatred can gather for the next two years  ajb007/martini

Excellent mr Dan is back

Hey, cool. It'll be sad to see Craig step down, but at least we'll have our 5 film Bond actor. We only need a three film Bond actor next.

OCD is an unruly master, LMAO!

1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

BJB is gonna put himself in hospital with an ulcer at this rate. Maybe we can start a dedicated thread that's like an appendix, or Florida, where all the toxic hatred can gather for the next two years  ajb007/martini

It's not hatred. It's called questioning decisions and criticise them. Also giving my opinion which with some people is very unpopular.

Dalton Rulez™

BondClothing wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

I won't say anything more about this matter than this.

Fact is, I can easily admit, I am not happy with this scenario. Four years after SP we get the same old team. Wouldn't be surprised if it even was Mendes again in the end, even if that seems unlikely just now.

Only way my interest could be revived in this era would be a director that I can get excited about. But that's unlikely too.

I still am the die-hard Bond fan I have always been since laying eyes on Dalton in TLD in 1987. But as some felt in the Brosnan era I feel now in this era. Craig overall never felt like Bond for me except in SPECTRE which I wish would bookend his era. CR-SP would have been the best bookends in any Bond era, by far.

I just hope that by 2023 or whenever we'll finally get a new team, an actor will be chosen that resembles the Fleming Bond again. Otherwise they can as well cast an American, a woman or Idris Elba.

I'll always have the first 20 Bonds and I'm watching them excessively lately  ajb007/lol Not to say I can't enjoy CR or QOS, both have their entertainment value. CR is a classic for various reasons, the least of which is Craig (for me).

I hope Bond 25 will be all you wish for. Maybe in retrospect if Bond 25 is another GF, TSWLM or GE I can enjoy and love it. Hope dies last.

What a drag you are being. Quit maligning Bond 25 before you've seen anything and hope for the best.

Agree with him being a drag.  We just got our news and many of us are very happy.  Always someone has to be negative

No worries. I know I am supposed to be celebrating everything that gets dished up by EON.

I leave you now to have your party for a Bond film in 2019 with a 51 year old actor. He will certainly be full of energy after the four year beauty sleep  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/bond

Dalton Rulez™

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

No worries. I know I am supposed to be celebrating everything that gets dished up by EON.

I leave you now to have your party for a Bond film in 2019 with a 51 year old actor. He will certainly be full of energy after the four year beauty sleep  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/bond

Have you seen him? he's in amazing shape for his age.

@ddspike21

Hes prob fitter then half the actors touted to replace him

Instagram - bondclothes007

Very true,  Hardy doesn't exactly stay match fit between films.
I think our friend bjb006 has picked up some bad habits from.... That other place.

BondJasonBond006 wrote:
HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

It's not hatred. It's called questioning decisions and criticise them. Also giving my opinion which with some people is very unpopular.

You've got every right to voice your opinion. Have at it. And I've got every right not to read your posts because you're simply rehashing the same basic idea over and over and over and over again.  ajb007/martini

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

The Craig films started with Bond having just become a Double-0. Having them end with him later in his career I see as a plus. It will make his finished series a much more interesting body of work to me...

Chriscoop wrote:

I think our friend bjb006 has picked up some bad habits from.... That other place.

I think Hardy was one of the few potential Bond replacements who can match Craig's physicality in terms of brute force and violence. But yeah most of the other contenders didn't seem particularly fit or imposing, especially frail Hiddleston.

@ddspike21

I can't think of many Bond fans who overly criticise brozzer in dad,  the film yes but not brozzer he was 49 then and in no way has he ever been in as good shape as DC I just don't get the age issue at all.  With the exception of Dalton we've had an older bond in every tenure.  It's the script and story that will bond 25 will live or die by.

walther p99 wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

I think Hardy was one of the few potential Bond replacements who can match Craig's physicality in terms of brute force and violence. But yeah most of the other contenders didn't seem particularly fit or imposing, especially frail Hiddleston.

Hiddleston didn't look to bad in skull island but not on a par with Craig or Hardy,  my point is that dc has had some stick for his middle age spread recently based on a couple of pictures,  but like Hardy and pretty much every other male actor he'll train up for a movie