Topic: Bond Alumni: Tributes and Updates

In response to requests, this is a thread specifically for posts concerning people who have worked in the world of James Bond. Updates on their activities (new films, etc), tributes to the recently deceased, etc.

This week: RIP Sir George Martin, composer LALD score.
               RIP Sir Ken Adam, set designer for various Bond films.

Re: Bond Alumni: Tributes and Updates

RIP George Martin and Ken Adam. I'm glad to see this forum thinks these two brilliant men and many others are still relevant to James Bond after their deaths.

RIP George Martin and Ken Adam, and to all those many talented actors, crew and technicians,
Stunt people, musicians. we have
Lost over the years. If not for their, talent, skill and enthusiasm, we would not have so many superb memories
From the greatest series of films ever made. Their work should be remembered with pride, from all Bond fans.

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

RIP to Sir George Martin and Sir Ken Adam - both visionaries in their field and both a massive loss  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Guys, I am sorry to report Sylvia Anderson, co creator of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet  et all has died.
Mrs Anderson had passed away after a short illness, she was 88.

My thoughts go to her family and friends.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Thunderbird 2 wrote:

Guys, I am sorry to report Sylvia Anderson, co creator of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet  et all has died.

Sad indeed - but what's her link to Bond ?

The Joy Of 6

Sir Miles wrote:
Thunderbird 2 wrote:

Sad indeed - but what's her link to Bond ?

Her husband Gerry Anderson wrote for an unused script for Bond. But almost everyone in the entertainment industry in the UK can be linked one or two steps away from Bond.

Sylvia Anderson appeared in last year'sThunderbirds Are Go CGI reboot. She played a relative of Lady Penelope (now voiced by Rosamund Pike). It was a nice way to include her in the show.

RIP to Ken Adam - his contribution to the Bond franchise -  - the great sets - was epic. Ken Adam defined the look of James Bond's world.

Last edited by bonded123 (16th Mar 2016 13:43)

Re Mrs Anderson's inclusion here, sorry guys. I was looking for the original tributes thread and mistook this one for that one! Though I appreciate both Matt and Bonded123 providing clarification on her indirect connections to Bond. Another one was of course Derek Meddings, who had been a good friend to both the Andersons.

Re Sir Ken Adam, there will never be another Art Director like him. He thought BIG - but balanced his ideas beautifully with panache and style, and he seemed to have a mischievous sense of humour. 

Bugger.   ajb007/crap

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Patrick Floersheim (shuttle thief in Moonraker PTS) died a few days ago, aged 71. RIP. Thank you for your contribution to one of the best PTS's of the Bond series.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Patrick Floersheim (shuttle thief in Moonraker PTS) died a few days ago, aged 71. RIP. Thank you for your contribution to one of the best PTS's of the Bond series.

Sad to hear this. I love the shuttle theft, no matter how unrealistic it is. It's fun, but it's rather frightening as well.

Douglas Wilmer (Fanning in Octopussy) has died. I liked his character in the film. RIP

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Douglas Wilmer (Fanning in Octopussy) has died. I liked his character in the film. RIP

Very sad to hear.

RIP Douglas Wilmer.  I think one of his last roles was in Sherlock in which
He played a "Diogenes Gent"  in Mycroft's club. From memory I think all
The members sitting in the room had all played Sherlock Holmes in the past.

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Aw, sad to hear that. I was just thinking about him yesterday as I know he was well over 90.  ajb007/crap

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

I'm saddened to read that Guy Hamilton has died. He introduced ideas to the Bond formula that are still with us today. RIP

RIP Guy Hamilton, certainly one of my favourite Bond directors. Also a big fan of some of his non-Bond work such as Battle of Britain, Funeral in Berlin, Force 10 from Navarone and The Colditz Story. As a young Assistant Director he also worked on The Third Man (one of my top 3 films of all time.)

Golrush 007 Fan Art - http://007fanart.wordpress.com/

Guy Hamilton 93 RIP. Another Bond legend passes on  ajb007/crap

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

He gave us so much of the James Bond iconography. RIP to a legend.  ajb007/martini  ajb007/crap

Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery

Saddened to hear of the death of Guy Hamilton...my condolences to his family...2016 is turning out to be a horrible year.

The Joy Of 6

Condolences to the family, friends and fans of Guy Hamilton - such an influential Bond director with the most Bond films directed besides John Glen. I'd started working on an article on something that happens in his Bonds so I'll have to try to get that completed soon in memory of the great man.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Sir Miles wrote:

Saddened to hear of the death of Guy Hamilton...my condolences to his family...2016 is turning out to be a horrible year.

Seconded, 2016 is the worst - we are losing so many greats. I will revisit Guy Hamilton's work as soon as possible.

Murder | Employment.

Rest in peace, Guy Hamilton. Your talent was vast, and your mark on Cinematic Bond is indelible.

ajb007/frown   ajb007/martini

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

RIP Guy Hamilton.

2016 has been rough ajb007/frown

Thank you Guy Hamilton for all the memories. Brought many innovative ideas to the world of Bond and his contribution was invaluable. Also from all the Inside and Making of documentaries, he seemed like a genuinely nice and interesting fellow.