Re: Bond Alumni: Tributes and Updates

I'm saddened to report that Burt Kwouk has passed away. He was 85. RIP, Mr Kwouk. Thank you for a brilliant contribution to the Bond series.

Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"

Not only was Burt a Bond villain ,but side splittingly funny alongside the great Peter Sellers in The pink Panther ,Burt was also in Harry Hills comedy show ,That's a great shame he has gone .RIP Mr Kwouk you made me laugh many a time .

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

Sad news Indeed RIP Burt Kwouk. A fine actor.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

ajb007/crap More sad news. 2016, please stop this purge on our finest.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I liked him in Kiss Of The Dragon as well.

Very sad to hear about Burt. I've seen him in so many things, and he was always spectacular. From the frequency he appeared on television and in film, he must have been the only Asian actor working in England in the 1960s. I loved him in Noble House opposite Pierce Brosnan.

RIP Burt Kwouk  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

To me there is no sadness for someone who has lived a long and productive life.  Thank you Guy Hamilton for the Bond movies. They will be enjoyed for years to come by future generations.

"Please don't try to follow me"

1. GE 2. MR 3. TSWLM 4. GF 5. DN 6. TND 7. TMWTGG 8. OP 9. TWINE 10. AVTAK

Director Garry Marshall has died aged 81. He was one of the gangsters at Goldfingers stud farm. RIP

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Director Garry Marshall has died aged 81. He was one of the gangsters at Goldfingers stud farm. RIP

Very sad to hear that. I didn't know he was in Goldfinger.

There's a pic of him in the film somewhere, but it's very low-res.

hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Are we sure about this credit? We are all pretty obsessive about these films, yet I've never ever heard that he was in this film. What was an American television producer doing at Pinewood in the early sixties (while he was working on Make Room For Daddy)? I'm certainly willing to admit I'm wrong, but can anyone verify that this uncredited hoodlum was Garry Marshall, because I have my doubts.

Mister Vargas wrote:
hehadlotsofguts wrote:

Are we sure about this credit? We are all pretty obsessive about these films, yet I've never ever heard that he was in this film. What was an American television producer doing at Pinewood in the early sixties (while he was working on Make Room For Daddy)? I'm certainly willing to admit I'm wrong, but can anyone verify that this uncredited hoodlum was Garry Marshall, because I have my doubts.

It was on IMDB. Then again, the world and his wife can write anything on there.

Mister Vargas wrote:
hehadlotsofguts wrote:

It looks like Garry Marshall, but you're probably right that it's not him. He was writing for a number of American television shows at that time and wasn't working on anything outside of LA. But it's possible he took a trip to England to meet with someone, and they just happened to need someone that day who looked like an Italian-American gangster.

I've just found out that Gary Dubin has died from cancer. He is the little boy in DAF at the water guns at Circus Circus. He gets annoyed when Tiffany Case wins the giant stuffed toy. RIP.

Shirt maker Frank Foster has died at age 93. He made almost every shirt Roger Moore and George Lazenby wore as James Bond, as well as some shirts for Sean Connery as Bond. He was involved with creating costume for more Bond films than any other person was. Here's an article I wrote in his memory:

http://www.bondsuits.com/frank-foster-1923-2016/

RIP Frank Foster. Bond had some of the coolest shirts in film history IMO.

I just read on 007 Magazine's Facebook page that stunt man Steve Truglia who worked on TND and TWINE has died at the age of 54 in an  accidental fall from a helicopter during an abseiling race in China. RIP to a brave and talented man.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/cl … spartanntp

RIP JW  ajb007/frown

This is a shame. Always loved him in LALD and TMWTGG. RIP boy

1. GE 2. CR 3. LTK 4. TLD 5. TB 6. GF 7. FRWL 8. DN 9. OHMSS 10. QOS 11. TND 12. TSWLM 13. FYEO 14. OP 15. MR 16. TWINE 17. DAD 18. SF 19. DAF 20. AVTAK 21. LALD 22. TMWTGG 23. YOLT 24. SP

1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby

RIP Clifton James.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

RIP Clifton James. To his long life!  ajb007/martini

R.I.P. Sheriff J.W. Pepper, Lousiana State Police - Finest hour was The Man With The Golden Gun.

Now, I know him, as that American sheriff, from America. To everyone, "I'm with you all the way!". R.I.P. Clifton James.

"...I have the oddest feeling we will be meeting again sometime..."
-Roger Moore's James Bond. RIP.
I have a YouTube channel on all things Bond (amongst other things, coming soon™).
The name's Bond and Beyond. It's currently on hold, though.

Surprised by the death of Chris Cornell at the early age of 52. "You Know My Name" was an excellent contribution to the Bond title songs. RIP.