26

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Come now Sir Miles, I was of the opinion Mods were hand picked from the most very elite human beings on the planet  ajb007/smile

It was either that.....or the priesthood

27

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Chriscoop wrote:

Come now Sir Miles, I was of the opinion Mods were hand picked from the most very elite human beings on the planet  ajb007/smile

ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

28

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Chriscoop wrote:
Barbel wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

the Mods (or barbs and miley as I like to call them)

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol   very good! Babs and Mikey, we wish!


Actually, it's more like
http://s32.postimg.cc/lsr3dycgh/AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

But who is who? I'm guessing miley is Patrick the starfish

In musical terms, I'm not either- I have to be a
http://s32.postimg.cc/si9nmiac1/AA_OLD_MAN.jpg

Bass!

29

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

The ace of bass?

It was either that.....or the priesthood

30

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

He's a Sole man !  But his hearts in the right Plaice,he plays a good Tuna, or am I
talking Pollocks !   ajb007/crap

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

31

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Thunderpussy wrote:

He's a Sole man !  But his hearts in the right Plaice,he plays a good Tuna, or am I
talking Pollocks !   ajb007/crap

That's all just a red Herring

It was either that.....or the priesthood

32

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Please don't carp on about it!  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

33

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Hardyboy wrote:

I understand and appreciate your point, but sometimes closing a thread is done to allow things to "cool down" a bit.  Removing an "offending" member from an already hot topic is often adding fuel to the fire.  It's often best to close it down, wait a while, and then get back to it.

The "E.U." In Or Out" thread has been entirely deleted.  That's a bit beyond "allow(ing) things to cool down a bit" and "wait(ing) a while and then get(ting) back to it". 

At least be honest.

34

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

The mods team is very honest - brutally honest and there is nothing sinister going on as which you may imply with your last sentence.

I know that at least parts of the mod team don't like political threads in a James Bond forum, particularly as they tend to stirr up emotions.

I partly agree on that and usually only post there when such threads are getting very one-sided or when I feel the need for someone to stand up and give a counterpart.

Needless to say, that I did not ask for removal of this particular thread.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

35

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

A British saying is "never discuss politics, religion or football in polite society". If anyone cannot accept someone's else's point of view without resorting to personal abuse then best leave alone.

I have never belonged to another forum before AJB so I don't really know what to compare with but in my narrow view I think the mods here do a great job and I suspect other forums are a lot stricter.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

36

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Strictness is needed sometimes, ...... infact I've been a very naughty boy lately if ...... ajb007/wink

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

37

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

cheld wrote:
Hardyboy wrote:

I understand and appreciate your point, but sometimes closing a thread is done to allow things to "cool down" a bit.  Removing an "offending" member from an already hot topic is often adding fuel to the fire.  It's often best to close it down, wait a while, and then get back to it.

The "E.U." In Or Out" thread has been entirely deleted.  That's a bit beyond "allow(ing) things to cool down a bit" and "wait(ing) a while and then get(ting) back to it". 

At least be honest.

The entire thread was 'moved', not deleted - but I can understand why you think that...

The 'Mod team' has decided to give politics a miss at AJB for the foreseeable future - I'd also extend that to religion too...although football (I think) should be okay  ajb007/biggrin

It seems you may have questions to ask, cheld...why don't you PM me with them and we can discuss them...?  ajb007/martini

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

38

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Sir Miles wrote:

...although football (I think) should be okay  ajb007/biggrin

Latest when we've sent your boys back home in a couple of weeks  ajb007/shifty

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

39

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Higgins wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

...although football (I think) should be okay  ajb007/biggrin

Latest when we send your boys back home in a couple of weeks  ajb007/shifty

What...?...like Dortmund did...  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

As you now know - our German is FAR better than your German  ajb007/biggrin

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

40

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Yep, but he's not the coach of your national team  ajb007/biggrin
So nothing to fear  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

41

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Higgins wrote:

Yep, but he's not the coach of your national team  ajb007/biggrin
So nothing to fear  ajb007/biggrin

And the national coach of yours has been linked with the Everton job  ajb007/amazed
That tells me all I need to know about him  ajb007/shifty   ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

42

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Mark my words, he won't do it  ajb007/wink

Oh no, another fight in an Euro themed topic  ajb007/tongue

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

43

Re: Locking threads: a very bad idea

Higgins wrote:

Mark my words, he won't do it  ajb007/wink

No, I don't think he will either...

Higgins wrote:

Oh no, another fight in an Euro themed topic  ajb007/tongue

  ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul