1

Topic: Goldeneye/Leon

I watched Leon last night. And I thought that the score sounded identical to Goldeneye's. I know the same person scored both films - but bloody hell, almost identical-sounding IMO, and the experience of love is even there! Anyone else notice this?

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

2

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

Jarvio wrote:

I watched Leon last night. And I thought that the score sounded identical to Goldeneye's. I know the same person scored both films - but bloody hell, almost identical-sounding IMO, and the experience of love is even there! Anyone else notice this?

That was something I noticed immediately after I saw Leon. GoldenEye does not only have a weak soundtrack, it also has an unoriginal soundtrack. Serra really ripped off EoN.

3

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

Yup!

4

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

One wonders if EON saw Leon, heard the music and thought to themselves, this is what we need to make Bond feel contemporary and relevant? Perhaps they went to Serra and told him to replicate the Leon sound but add in some hints of the Bond theme here and there?

Golrush 007 Fan Art - http://007fanart.wordpress.com/

5

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

I never knew about this - thanks! I guess I really need to watch Leon then!  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

6

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

This GE Archives/Tank chase rescore uses some music from Leon. Fits like a glove.  ajb007/biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRr9P68n2lI

"No for me."
"You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
"I never miss..."
"Time to face gravity!"

7

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

BruceMurdock wrote:

This GE Archives/Tank chase rescore uses some music from Leon. Fits like a glove.  ajb007/biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRr9P68n2lI

Did you upload that, BruceMurdock?  ajb007/smile

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

8

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

Silhouette Man wrote:
BruceMurdock wrote:

This GE Archives/Tank chase rescore uses some music from Leon. Fits like a glove.  ajb007/biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRr9P68n2lI

Did you upload that, BruceMurdock?  ajb007/smile

No but it is one of the few rescores that inspired me to do mine. ajb007/smile

"No for me."
"You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
"I never miss..."
"Time to face gravity!"

9

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

BruceMurdock wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:
BruceMurdock wrote:

This GE Archives/Tank chase rescore uses some music from Leon. Fits like a glove.  ajb007/biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRr9P68n2lI

Did you upload that, BruceMurdock?  ajb007/smile

No but it is one of the few rescores that inspired me to do mine. ajb007/smile

Oh, I see. I knew you did rescores so I was just curious, BruceMurdock. May I say a man of many talents?  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

10

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

What is the soundtrack to The Fifth Element like? I can't recall...

I don't mind the soundtrack, I actually think it adds to my appreciation for GE - but knowing that it might be unoriginal (Leon) kinda affects this a bit...

1. TWINE  2. FYEO  3. MR  4. TLD  5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS  7. DN  8. OP  9. AVTAK  10. TMWTGG  11. QoS 12. GE  13. CR  14. TB  15. FRWL  16. LTK  17. GF  18. SF  19. LaLD  20. YOLT  21. TND  22. DAD  23. DAF.

"If you'll forgive me, that's a little too scented for my palate."

11

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

I never noticed and only watched Leon for first time in years last week  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

12

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

I have no problem with the GE score because as others have said most of the time it fits the films dark, cold atmosphere like a glove and gives it a unique soundscape.

13

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

One of my least favourite soundtracks - a real missed opportunity IMO. Goldeneye with a Barry or Arnold score would have been incredible.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

14

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:

One of my least favourite soundtracks - a real missed opportunity IMO. Goldeneye with a Barry or Arnold score would have been incredible.

I agree. The brilliant score Barry did at that time for The Specialist should have been done for Bond.

15

Re: Goldeneye/Leon

ajb007/cheers   Great score, especially "Did You Call Me".