Speculation about the impact of Craig's injury in Spectre

cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
It's on record that Craig suffered a serious leg injury on the set of Spectre and shooting had to be delayed or re-ordered while he had surgery and recovered. Anyone feel like guessing how that impacted the final film?

My own guesses:

*Craig must have shot the scenes in the desert and Blofeld's headquarters after the surgery. He's noticeably heavier when he and Swann are waiting around in the empty train station. It's also likely the reason he's hit in the leg with the tactical baton--to explain his limp when he escapes after blowing up the watch.

* The M/Q/Moneypenny scenes may have been expanded, so they could stage and shoot something while Craig recovered.

* The ending featured a lot of shots in darkness--possibly to hide a stuntman, as Craig might not have been up to any running at that point?

Anyone agree? Disagree? Know otherwise?

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    Well I read somewhere he did it in Pinewood on set of the train fight (maybe someone can confirm)

If this is the case then I guess it won't be too hard to figure out what scenes were shot in which order etc as 007's Twitter feed regularly update with "This time last year, we shot scene....etc"

As for the end well the whole thing is based in the dark since its a night time scene so maybe not however your theory about the Baton might be correct (though I never saw him limp or noted weight gain)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    The injury may have impacted on his willingness to make another film, I had forgotten about that injury.
    '...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    The injury may have impacted on his willingness to make another film, I had forgotten about that injury.
    I'd say that's a solid possibility. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well I read somewhere he did it in Pinewood on set of the train fight (maybe someone can confirm)

This is my understanding as well; during the fight with Hinx.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    chrisisall wrote:
    I'd say that's a solid possibility. -{
    Great profile pic -{ bought some Game of Death Nunchuks last month, great fun to train with.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Great profile pic -{ bought some Game of Death Nunchuks last month, great fun to train with.
    Real oak? Or the plastic trainers?
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    chrisisall wrote:
    Real oak? Or the plastic trainers?
    Not oak got some steel and rubber, good job initially otherwise I would have had some serious bruises a bit rusty. Hmm I wonder how much the oak are. :))