Re: The title - ideas and rumours

Double O Does Dallas?

Sir Miles wrote:
Barbel wrote:

ajb007/biggrin  He did have, but Sir Miles borrowed it and won't give it back!

I'm a fan of the acting....honest  ajb007/embarrassed

Lavi-Tori Lust is an amazing actress ajb007/smile

In the spy world an agent is "burnt" when his cover is blown. In SPECTRE someone was burnt in a different sense - Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
If they continue the Blofeld story at the same time use a story about an agent who is or is in danger of getting burnt it could be interesting. Title?

The Burnt Man

The Belles Of Hell was the original title of Fleming's OHMSS novel.

FRWl, OHMSS, CR, TSWLM, GF, SF, TLD,  LTK, TND, DN, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TMWTGG, QOS, SPECTRE, YOLT, TB, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK.

"Do you expect me to talk?  "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

Thunderpussy wrote:

I read a rumour ( That's all it is ) that MG Wilson hates it as a title ?  Anyone know if that's  true.

Even if it is, with the greatest of respect to Mr Wilson ... it's a Fleming title, so his opinion on its merits is irrelevant. Fleming thought it good enough to name a short story after that title, so who the hell does Mr Wilson think he is to oppose it?

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

DEFIANT 74205 wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

I read a rumour ( That's all it is ) that MG Wilson hates it as a title ?  Anyone know if that's  true.

Even if it is, with the greatest of respect to Mr Wilson ... it's a Fleming title, so his opinion on its merits is irrelevant. Fleming thought it good enough to name a short story after that title, so who the hell does Mr Wilson think he is to oppose it?

He's the co-producer of the Eon Bond films...if he doesn't like it, he won't use it.

Why are you so angry about this  ajb007/confused

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Well, that exchange made my morning.

I think Devil May Care should be used as a a Bond movie title, simply because it's a brilliant title. Some of the Sebastian Faulks novel can be used, but onely sparingly.  After all a little bit of "Colonel Sun" was used in SPECTRE, so the Bond producers are using continuation material novels now. Since the boycot of Iran is lifted the country can be used as a location?

Great location, but I don't know if EON would want to deal with filming in a country like Iran; too much potential for problems...the entire production team could be arrested and tried as "Spies". That being said, another country could easily be used as a stand-in for Iran.

I think the Iranian regime would be very interested in any positive exposure now. A production like Bond works very closely with the authorities where they work anyway, so getting arrested is very unlikely.

Number24 wrote:

I think the Iranian regime would be very interested in any positive exposure now. A production like Bond works very closely with the authorities where they work anyway, so getting arrested is very unlikely.

I was joking about the cast and crew being arrested....well kind of ajb007/lol . I'm sure the Iranian Regime would welcome some positive exposure but I don't think EON would be looking to deal with the potential headaches of filming in a country such as Iran. From an Iranian perspective, anyone remember the last time a western production was given permission to film there? Anybody remember Argo? That was based on a true story.

I think it's about time the Bond producers got out of their location comfort zone (Bahamas, Turkey ...), and showed us something we haven't seen before. I think Iran fits that bill.  ajb007/bond

BTW: Touch the Devil would also be a good title  ajb007/bond

HowardB wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I was joking about the cast and crew being arrested....well kind of ajb007/lol . I'm sure the Iranian Regime would welcome some positive exposure but I don't think EON would be looking to deal with the potential headaches of filming in a country such as Iran. From an Iranian perspective, anyone remember the last time a western production was given permission to film there? Anybody remember Argo? That was based on a true story.

I don't think Argo was filmed in Iran.

What about the Australian Outback? That would be pretty different. The closest thing to that, IMO, would be some of the desert scenes in DAF.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Australia would be less new and different than Iran, but still different.

Number24 wrote:

Australia would be less new and different than Iran, but still different.

Australia would be much more new and difference since it's on a continent Bond has never been to. Bond has been to Afghanistan (filmed in Morocco), which borders Iran. If Morocco can pass for Afghanistan, it would also pass for Iran (where they wouldn't film). And Bond was just in Morocco.

It's a matter of how you look at it. Iranians might argue that Afghanistan is a different country, Afghanistan is arab and has different languages from the non-Arab Iran. Marocco is not even on the same continent!
Australia hasn't been visited by Bond, but it's an English-speaking country that has been shown on TV and movies many times before.
I'm not against Bond filming in Australia, but it's not nearly as exotic  as Iran.

Number24 wrote:

It's a matter of how you look at it. Iranians might argue that Afghanistan is a different country, Afghanistan is arab and has different languages from the non-Arab Iran. Marocco is not even on the same continent!
Australia hasn't been visited by Bond, but it's an English-speaking country that has been shown on TV and movies many times before.
I'm not against Bond filming in Australia, but it's not nearly as exotic  as Iran.

But it's highly unlikely Bond would film in Iran. They would film in Morocco instead like they did for Afghanistan. So as far as filming locations go, it wouldn't be anything new.

I would like to see Scandinavia featured as a location. South Africa would also be interesting.

Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:

But it's highly unlikely Bond would film in Iran. They would film in Morocco instead like they did for Afghanistan. So as far as filming locations go, it wouldn't be anything new.

If they film locations to look like somewhere else, Skyfall style, no-one will notice. If they really film in Iran it will be something special that could give the movie some extra attention.

What's happening? I don't feel very strongly about Iran as a location. I only feel strongly about one potential location, and we know where that is  ajb007/shifty
I really just wanted people to like the Bond titles Devil May Care and Touch the Devil

Number24 wrote:
Matt S wrote:
Number24 wrote:

If they film locations to look like somewhere else, Skyfall style, no-one will notice. If they really film in Iran it will be something special that could give the movie some extra attention.

What's happening? I don't feel very strongly about Iran as a location. I only feel strongly about one potential location, and we know where that is  ajb007/shifty
I really just wanted people to like the Bond titles Devil May Care and Touch the Devil

I like both titles too.

Property Of A Lady  ajb007/martini

I’m not a fan of ‘Risico’ – too much like an Italian rice dish.  The Hildebrand Rarity I like mainly because I liked the story. And as I haven’t seen Spectre yet I can’t comment how this title has been used.

Going back through some of the chapters of the Fleming novels I’d be happy with any of these titles.

YOLT
The Death Collector
Slay it with Flowers
Sparrows’ Tears

LALD
Valley of Shadows
The Undertaker’s Wind

OHMSS
Death for Breakfast

CR
Moment of Truth

GF
Journey into Holocaust

"Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". -  Homer J Simpson

Just a fun question: What do you think the next title will be out of the following 5 possibilities?:

1 - A Fleming short story title
2 - A Fleming chapter title
3 - An original title with reference to Fleming (ie - Goldeneye, TWINE)
4 - An original title with no reference to Fleming
5 - A continuation novel title

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby