The Race for the Tory Leadership and Premiership [Johnson the new PM]

Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
edited July 2019 in Off Topic Chat
****11/06/19 THREAD UPDATED FOR THE 2019 TORY LEADERSHIP CONTEST.****

10_Downing_Street._MOD_45155532.jpg

So as an offshoot of Thunderpussy's thread on the EU Referendum here is a separate thread on the race to be the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party after the resignation of David Cameron on Friday 24 June 2016.

This is the thread for all of the developments and discussions about the candidates who will be standing over the coming months until the new Prime Minister and Leader of the Conservative Party is revealed on 9 September 2016.

The front-runners at the minute appear to be Boris Johnson and Theresa May but we will know later on this week who is going to stand for the leadership election.

This should be an interesting discussion. Let's keep it civil. After all we are all adults here and can engage in political discussions without too much moderator supervision. Please let us keep it that way. :) -{
"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Thank you for that last paragraph, SM, with which I heartily agree.
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Wow - Another political thread! They're spreading like wildfire!

I'll not contribute to this one beyond this post because I have little regard for any of those who will emerge as candidates. (This includes the Brexiteers). They are all cut from the same cloth as far as I'm concerned.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing Boris, but think that there will be war in the conservative party.
    With massive in fighting. The same goes for labour. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I predict a move to unify the Tory party by Bojo and Gove, with possibly only theresa may also standing, I think with the turmoil of the labour party it would be the smart thing to do, I would predict the next pm will be Boris Johnson.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Yes, for big problems having a big Johnson always helps. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Speaking of big Johnsons, I saw Boris's chopper last week, quite impressive it was too.. Very shiny and bigger than I thought it would be!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Wow - Another political thread! They're spreading like wildfire!

I'll not contribute to this one beyond this post because I have little regard for any of those who will emerge as candidates. (This includes the Brexiteers). They are all cut from the same cloth as far as I'm concerned.

I'll agree with the sentiment because I really don't like any one of them.

Never liked Osborne and May I dislike immensely because of what her and Tom Windsor did to the police. Boris I like but not sure he's the right man because so many in his party don't like him and Gove doesn't have any stature.

And until the Labour party get someone like Hilary Benn in charge they are going to be neither use nor ornament to the British people.

Given the crop we do have, I reluctantly have to give it to May just because she is the only one who hasn't made a donkey of herself during the referendum.
    Oh were is Nick Clegg when we need him ? :))
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Speaking of big Johnsons, I saw Boris's chopper last week, quite impressive it was too.. Very shiny and bigger than I thought it would be!

Been hanging around with TP recently....? :D
    I love the story from Boris's Dad who said that on his bike one day a driver shouted
    "You're a W*nker !" To which he replied " I think you have me confused with my son, sir " :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

Is Anna Firth of any importance?

We've had her yesterday on german tv.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Been hanging around with TP recently....? :D
    I hope your not trying to insinuate that tp has rubbed off on me? :o
    Thats the sort of thing that should be taken in hand. :p
    Thats the sort of thing that should be taken in hand. :p
    I agree and dealt with robustly until a satisfactory climax is achieved! {:)
    You have been hanging round with TP!
    Indeed vigorously, agitated until a successful culmination................... and then a cigarette :D
    Barbel wrote:
    How would I know? What with this being an anonymous organisation, for all I know tp could be that unkempt fellow over on that bench, shaking his first at the sky and shouting profanities at passing women? ?:)
    "Sssssh! , it is I TP undercover". ;) " Do you want some Buckfast ?"
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    How would I know? What with this being an anonymous organisation, for all I know tp could be that unkempt fellow over on that bench, shaking his first at the sky and shouting profanities at passing women? ?:)

Shaking his first what? :))
    And nah, that sounds more like.. but perhaps I shouldn't say...
    Fist! Fornicating predictive text!!!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I love the story from Boris's Dad who said that on his bike one day a driver shouted
    "You're a W*nker !" To which he replied " I think you have me confused with my son, sir " :D

Haha - thats good!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    "Sssssh! , it is I TP undercover". ;) " Do you want some Buckfast ?"
    No but a slug of that meths in your brown paper bag wouldn't go amiss {[]
    On the PM front, it's great to see in the debate in the House of Commons. That at last
    Some leadership is being shown, it's a relief to think at last someone is at the wheel. -{
    Chriscoop wrote:

My best pal has major predictive text battles almost daily- two days ago he said that he dreaded Boris Becker becoming PM. :)) :))
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

My best pal has major predictive text battles almost daily- two days ago he said that he dreaded Boris Becker becoming PM. :)) :))
    :))
    X-( I hate predictive text, so many times. Trying to delete the first letter, it would skip to the
    End of the word and starts deleting the end letters. Or having to retype world's three or so times
    as it keeps changing them. Then even after checking the odd crazy word still gets through.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Come on now, let's get back to the topic of this thread.

I say Tom Hiddleston.
    No, he's too slim to be the PM, I'd vote for Eric Pickles :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    No, he's too slim to be the PM, I'd vote for Eric Pickles :D

That's who Daniel Craig was referencing in his t-shirt last week, wasn't it?
    Yes, no man is an island but he can be a small hill. ;)