Bond 25 Theme: Artist

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
Despite the fact Bond 25 is probably a good few years away, is there anybody now you'd like to see do the theme for it? Personally, I would like Shirley Bassey to do one final theme, as her QoS theme is the best Bond song since YKMN. Any other ideas?
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    Radiohead should be given another shot!!!

There are plenty of others that would also be great choices. Lady GaGa's voice is perfect for the ambience of a bond theme. Nick Cave would also be an inspired choice - something spooky and cool ala "Red Right Hand". Those are the first few that come to my mind
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Here's a couple of people out of left field whose music I really like and I don't think would disappoint given the opportunity.

Bic Runga (New Zealand) has a smooth voice in my opinion and Chris Rea who has a dark, raspy voice. Given the right theme/words depending on the film, I'd be happy if either one got the gig. -{ -{
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I 'discovered' Bic Runga on a trip to NZ some years ago and she is absolutely fantastic, what an amazing voice. I can't understand why she hasn't made it internationally given that she's so much better than many who are Global superstars.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Whoever is chosen will be an artist with significant international popularity. We may have our own favorites who may even be more suitable but as my uncle used to say: "Bulls..t walks and money talks". My personal wish is that 1) David Arnold returns to do the score 2) whoever does the theme collaborates with Arnold on the theme and the theme is incorporated into the score.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    My vote would go to Muse, they already have some Bond-esque sounding songs. Wouldn't mind Shirley bassey either.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I still love the idea of Lady Gaga doing a theme, she's a talented lyricist.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think Arnold returning is a must, Lady gaga could work as long as she steers well away from madonnas bond influence!!
    Absolutely, but I think The Lady Gaga could do a great "Big theatrical" song. I
    Also agree, Get D Arnold back -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm not a big Lady Gaga fan, but she has displayed a lot of stylistic range, has a history of working well with other artists, and would probably respect the Bond musical canon if afforded the opportunity. If she can sing jazz classics with Tony Bennett she could work with David Arnold on a Bond song. I don't particularly care for Madonna at all; as an artist or her public persona. Her Bond song was the worst ever IMO. The QOS theme (which is not good) is GF compared to DAF.
    Agree on that horrific Madonna effort, and agree on her questionable persona. Quite like the qos instrumentals but the screeching singing is awful.
    I quite like Madonna's dance version, played over the end titles. Not for a
    Theme obviously, but as a dance tune . ;)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I wouldn't mind U2 being given a shot...their Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, from the largely dreadful "Batman Forever," proves that they're capable...and of course writing the song "GoldenEye."

But I imagine that the theme song and artist are further down the list of Eon's priorities; certainly below issues such as a workable script and agreeing upon a distribution deal.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    I have been thinking for years that "Hold me, kiss me, kill me" would have been an excelent Bond title song.

A more unconventional Bond song, like "Live and let die."
    It's a shame that the late great David Bowie never had a shot at a Bond theme. Bowie's Cat People Theme (Putting Out the Fire) was the most Bond, non-Bond theme song. Some minor lyrical changes and it would have make a great Bond theme.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    It's a shame that the late great David Bowie never had a shot at a Bond theme. Bowie's Cat People Theme (Putting Out the Fire) was the most Bond, non-Bond theme song. Some minor lyrical changes and it would have make a great Bond theme.

He would have been perfect for a Bond theme. British and extremely talented. But John Barry wouldn't have worked with him, and I don't think Marvin Hamlisch or Bill Conti would have either. It would have had to be LTK or later, and he could have done a better job than any theme then (though I like TWINE).
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I always wanted Bowie to do a Bond theme :(
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Live And Let's Dance?
    Diamond Dogs Are Forever?
    GoldenYears?

;% ...I'll get my coat.
    Barbel wrote:

Live And Let's Dance?
    Diamond Dogs Are Forever?
    GoldenYears?

;% ...I'll get my coat.

:p :))
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

He would have been perfect for a Bond theme. British and extremely talented. But John Barry wouldn't have worked with him, and I don't think Marvin Hamlisch or Bill Conti would have either. It would have had to be LTK or later, and he could have done a better job than any theme then (though I like TWINE).

Barry apparently wanted control over the theme song which wasn't a problem until EON wanted to start bringing in performers who also wrote their own material. Barry's themes were integral to the entire score and you certainly can't argue with the quality and success of those classic themes and scores.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Barry apparently wanted control over the theme song which wasn't a problem until EON wanted to start bringing in performers who also wrote their own material. Barry's themes were integral to the entire score and you certainly can't argue with the quality and success of those classic themes and scores.

I agree. I'm glad they always let Barry (and Hamlisch and Conti) have control over the title theme. But I'm sure David Bowie would have been willing to work with Barry. He collaborated on a film score with jazz composers Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays for a film called The Falcon and the Snowman. Bowie wrote the lyrics to (and sung) a song in the film that two score composers wrote. I think he wrote the melody also because the instrumental version has a different melody in some parts. I don't know if John Barry would have been okay with Bowie changing the melody to fit the lyrics of a song Barry wrote (probably not).
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S makes a good point. There could have been a completely different dynamic and level of respect with regards to a collaboration with Bowie on Barry's part as opposed to whatever pop flavour of the moment they might have wanted to have him work with. Bowie's history shows he was willing and able to collaborate with others.
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    Robbie Williams. Although he would probably want the lead role as well!
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I'd love to hear a Lana Del Rey theme tune.
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    I'd love to hear Chris Cornell or Adele return if some would return. Otherwise I think Imagine Dragons or Linkin Park could make something nice, but they both have a style you just have to like. For me they'd be great, I think both those groups can pull of a really great Bondsong.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Personally, I would like Shirley Bassey to do one final theme, as her QoS theme is the best Bond song since YKMN. Any other ideas?

Agreed. Of all the artists that have done Bond themes, I think Bassey is by far the best; both Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever are iconic themes, and her voice just totally suits it.

For me, as far as Bond themes are concerned, there's no one better than Dame Shirley Bassey, and I'd love for her to be given the opportunity to make her fourth (and quite possibly final) Bond theme.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    U2 would be my choice. No more whiny singers please.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    For me, as far as Bond themes are concerned, there's no one better than Dame Shirley Bassey, and I'd love for her to be given the opportunity to make her fourth (and quite possibly final) Bond theme.

{[] Totally agree.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    welshguy34 wrote:
    U2 would be my choice. No more whiny singers please.

U2 have always been my first choice, but unfortunately it won't happen now as they're just not seen as relevant anymore. They would have been most likely to do a bond song from, say, 1985-2002.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    I really think Florence + The Machine have a stellar chance this time around...they could produce something really special -{
    YNWA 97
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    I reckon The Veronicas perfect great voices and really good having 2 singers
    Anthony