Re: The General UK Politics (Past and Present) Discussion Thread

Silhouette Man wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

Good riddance to bad rubbish  ajb007/martini

Are you hoping that Theresa May will be a better PM?

I have a cracked egg cup at home that would be a better PM than him !

Is he taking up pig farming ?  ajb007/shifty

YNWA: Justice For The 96

The Joy Of 6

Sir Miles wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

Good riddance to bad rubbish  ajb007/martini

Are you hoping that Theresa May will be a better PM?

I have a cracked egg cup at home that would be a better PM than him !

Is he taking up pig farming ?  ajb007/shifty

What do you think of Theresa May?

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Silhouette Man wrote:

Not a lot as it stands...she has done the grand sum of bugger all so far !

I genuinely believe she's a bit lost at the moment...

The Joy Of 6

Yes, May hasn't seemed to do very much so far. If Labour had a functional leader, I doubt she would be doing tremendously well in the polls.

She does have a decent cabinet though.

Oakvale wrote:

Yes, May hasn't seemed to do very much so far. If Labour had a functional leader, I doubt she would be doing tremendously well in the polls.

Labour are a joke - and not a very funny one ! They are already un-electable and in danger of disappearing altogether !

Oakvale wrote:

She does have a decent cabinet though.

I hope it's a drinks one  ajb007/martini

The Joy Of 6

Sir Miles wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:

Not a lot as it stands...she has done the grand sum of bugger all so far !

I genuinely believe she's a bit lost at the moment...

You could be right there. She's been the PM for two months now and not a lot has happened in that time. We'll have to wait to see what happens once she triggers Article 50.

I think she's just waiting, getting ready to ask her Husband what to do !  ajb007/takecover   ajb007/biggrin

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

Let's not forget it's been the summer break, I for one am quite pleased things have been quiet, I prefer a more business as usual atmosphere to the country as opposed to upheaval and drama. I just wish the good economic news wasn't buried and any slight wobble wasn't heavily reported on.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I did have a good laugh this morning , on a statement from  Michael O'Leary ( he owns Ryanair)
As during the Brexit debate here, he constantly said it would be economically crazy for the UK
To leave the EU ............ Now a few months later, he's now advising the Irish government to
Threaten to also leave the EU if they, enforce Apple having to pay their tax bill !  ajb007/lol
  I guess he's just a wild and crazy guy, or he Now thinks The UK Brexit was a fantastic thing.  ajb007/wink

Thunderpussy wrote:

I did have a good laugh this morning , on a statement from  Michael O'Leary ( he owns Ryanair)
As during the Brexit debate here, he constantly said it would be economically crazy for the UK
To leave the EU ............ Now a few months later, he's now advising the Irish government to
Threaten to also leave the EU if they, enforce Apple having to pay their tax bill !  ajb007/lol
  I guess he's just a wild and crazy guy, or he Now thinks The UK Brexit was a fantastic thing.  ajb007/wink

I had the same thoughts TP.

Arrogant prig. I genuinely despise the man and will never fly Ryanair because of him.

Unemployment is down again!  And amazingly Corbyn is arguing against his own education, is it a certainty that if you have less money you are less intelligent or academic?

I too avoid Ryan air, I'm not daft enough to actually pay to be treated badly!

Thunderpussy wrote:

Maybe he's got an unpaid tax bill too!  ajb007/lol

God preserve us from idiots!:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po … 18461.html

Last edited by Silhouette Man (22nd Sep 2016 06:36)

Silhouette Man wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk … ses-tides/

This dreadful turn of events beggars belief!!  The deliberate bombing of the aid convoy which has lead to further aid which is desperately needed being suspended should be treated as a war crime and those behind it treated as terrorists and murderers.

Chriscoop wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/uk … ses-tides/

This dreadful turn of events beggars belief!!  The deliberate bombing of the aid convoy which has lead to further aid which is desperately needed being suspended should be treated as a war crime and those behind it treated as terrorists and murderers.

Sorry, just to clarify, I actually had been referring to Douglas Carswell MP of UKIP who was arguing with a professor. I wasn't aware that the link I posted from Hotmail updated to new news stories over time, so I posted a new link to the story from The Independent instead.

On the bombing of the aid convoy in Syria, I agree that that is a war crime and an absolute disgrace.  ajb007/mad

The Mummy Returns - Margaret Thatcher's Last Great Public Speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLe8M-cLVw

I thought it funny, with the latest UKIP bust up. In which one MEP took off his jacket
to cause trouble.  As most Politicians get into trouble for taking their trousers off !  ajb007/biggrin

PM Harold Macmillan (1957-1963) joins the AA - QI - Series 9 - Episode 10 - BBC Two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exSGHBCx88E

Apparently  John Major is looking for a second referendum.

Theresa May just said she wants a deal where the UK gets all the advantages of EU membership,  but none of the disadvantages.  ajb007/lol  Good idea!  Why didn't Norway think of such a solution when we negotiated with the EU?

Number24 wrote:

Theresa May just said she wants a deal where the UK gets all the advantages of EU membership,  but none of the disadvantages.  ajb007/lol  Good idea!  Why didn't Norway think of such a solution when we negotiated with the EU?

We must have heard different things?  My understanding is that may wants free trade with Europe and that's it!  The mathematics behind it suggest this should be possible if the Eu doesn't want trade tariffs levied against them to export into Britain at the same rate they will impose to import from Britain.  Mr Trump has also muttered about levying a 35% import duty on German cars into the USA... Interesting times
What is hard to understand is that out of 27 members of the Eu only 5 pay in what they should but all get equal benefits... Talk about cherry picking.

Last edited by Chriscoop (17th Jan 2017 15:55)

What I heard was that she wants full access to the EU for UK trade,  but full British control of migrasjon and no payments to the Union.  The Union will never agree to such a deal,  because that would mean far better terms for the UK than for Union members.

Hmm she reiterated that Britain wants free trade with Europe and does not want to be part of the single market or customs union,  as single market membership is a membership right she has said we will not be attempting to keep this privilige.  Whats in her negotiating armory is the fact that Britain buys substantially more from Eu states than we sell so if we impose similar trade tariffs to the Eu we could essentially subsidise our exporting businesses and the government could bank the rest.  I also cannot see the German car makers being happy with paying trade tariffs,  but the Eu has to play tough to stem any further exit votes from Eu members

Number24 wrote:

What I heard was that she wants full access to the EU for UK trade,  but full British control of migrasjon and no payments to the Union.  The Union will never agree to such a deal,  because that would mean far better terms for the UK than for Union members.

I'm not sure where that information comes from...it's being painted as pretty bleak here at the moment...you are definitely hearing a different version from the one we are getting...

The Joy Of 6

Sir Miles wrote:
Number24 wrote:

I'm not sure where that information comes from...it's being painted as pretty bleak here at the moment...you are definitely hearing a different version from the one we are getting...

Where are you hearing bleak sir M?  I've only heard sturgeon, fallon and Angela Smith painting a dire picture.  The business and commerce expert I heard along with Mark carney some business leaders and the pound value have reacted positively.
Anyway its always bleak over your side of the pennines  ajb007/biggrin

I wonder if we will see a modern version of the East India company in this global trade carry on?

Last edited by Chriscoop (17th Jan 2017 16:15)