Re: **UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

jared_nomak wrote:

No problem I know someone who might have one, I will double check and see what they have done with it.

Much appreciated

[edited]

Last edited by HarveyMushman (27th Jan 2018 23:38)

Just reading through all the comments, did anyone order a 46 that fits well? If so what size chest and waist are you if you don’t mind me asking. Just so I know sizing if the opportunity comes up

HarveyMushman wrote:

Just reading through all the comments, did anyone order a 46 that fits well? If so what size chest and waist are you if you don’t mind me asking. Just so I know sizing if the opportunity comes up

What are the measurements for your shoulders, chest and waist? I ask because you need to take into consideration were you live and the type of clothes you'd be wearing with the jacket because that can make a difference in sizing.

Here are the measurements for a size 46 converted from cm to inches.

1/2 Chest  21.26 x 2 = 42.52
Center Back 25.39
Shoulders  18.5
1/2 Waist 18.9 x 2 = 37.8
Sleeve from collar bone  34.65
1/2 Cuffs 5.41 x 2 = 10.82
Bicep 7.87

Wow okay 46 is quite big, good to know, this is assuming one of you handsome devils is in the market to sell one of course in the future  ajb007/crap

David, I’d love to see a follow up vlog of your finished jacket post tailoring to see what is achievable. Even if I don’t end up getting one, a video would be awesome.

Hello All,

First time poster - joined especially for the 2nd jacket run, and thought i'd be a good time to share my experience given HarveyMushman is looking to source a 46, which is what i have and hope this helps.

I'm about 5' 9", 68kg and normally a 31" waist (sorry i dont have a tape measure at home to give details of my chest size).

I based my decision mainly on 2 things:

1. the fit of my baracuta G4 harrington in size 38 (UK) which i believe is equivalent to an EU 48, which gives me a fitted look on the shoulders and chest zipped up. Can't rem why exactly but I just felt the measurements were closer to the 46 on the size chart provided for this project and ran with that.

2. Mantis' comments about a 48 being too baggy on him (i'm fairly skinny so am nowhere near as built as he appears to be). I also have the Sunspel polo in medium which i bought late last year, and it's fairly loose fitting on me (except maybe the shoulders) so i felt a 48 was def going to be a poor fit for me.

Now my feedback on the 46, which i considered a sizing down based on my g4:

Shoulders and Chest: Zipped up, the first time i tried on the jacket i felt the back of the shoulders were noticeably tighter than my baracuta, yet chest area felt similar to my g4. I actually almost panicked the shoulders were too tight, but over time it seems to have loosened up.

Sleeves: like alot of members jackets, the sleeves seem unusually long and reach down to my index knuckle even though i sized down. Doing the 2nd button helps but my skinny wrists are too thin to hold them up to my ideal positions of just below the wrist. Also doing this just bunches up the sleeves which to me isn't ideal. I do not have this issue on my G4 (sleeves end just below my wrists).

Waist: like James Brosnan and a few others, the waist seems pretty tight zipped up. I can only just manage to do up the 2nd buttons but then i can hardly move, and would probably snap the buttons right off if i pushed it. The hem is just below my belt area, but if i raise my arms straight up jacket rides up quite a bit.

Overall i think i made the right decision given i am partial to form fitting jackets, but feel i was cutting it close on the waist and being able to zip up the jacket.

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but my jacket is with the TF tailors atm (shortening the sleeves by a full inch). Can look to post some pics after alterations are done at the end of next month should anyone still be interested, but thought i'd share my thoughts now in case it helped those looking to source one from those looking to part with theirs anytime in the future. At least everyone here now knows there's another 46 owner out there ajb007/cool .

To cap off this rather long post - thanks to Simon and everyone involved who made this even happen, and to those who took the time to post which helped a lot on my sizing decision. I jumped in super late into the 2nd run (early october), but thanks to everyone's efforts I made it just in time and now own one of the most iconic Bond jackets ever ajb007/bond !

HarveyMushman wrote:

Wow okay 46 is quite big, good to know, this is assuming one of you handsome devils is in the market to sell one of course in the future  ajb007/crap

David, I’d love to see a follow up vlog of your finished jacket post tailoring to see what is achievable. Even if I don’t end up getting one, a video would be awesome.

I would recommend a 44 for you but If you have a chance get your shoulders measured. The twill fabric doesn't have a ton of give so you may get too much drag in the shoulders so sizing up may be preferred. When i was going over my measurements with Luigi he advised me to go with a 52 BUT i decided against it after speaking to someone on the forum who had similar measurements to me and i went for a 54. I figured if a 54 was too big i could have the chest taken in a bit whereas a 52 wouldn't give me enough room be let out.

At this point i don't think David is going to do another vlog on the Harrington as he probably would have done one months ago.

Last edited by MikeG77 (29th Jan 2018 00:34)

AgentMKW wrote:

Hello All,

First time poster - joined especially for the 2nd jacket run, and thought i'd be a good time to share my experience given HarveyMushman is looking to source a 46, which is what i have and hope this helps.

I'm about 5' 9", 68kg and normally a 31" waist (sorry i dont have a tape measure at home to give details of my chest size).

I based my decision mainly on 2 things:

1. the fit of my baracuta G4 harrington in size 38 (UK) which i believe is equivalent to an EU 48, which gives me a fitted look on the shoulders and chest zipped up. Can't rem why exactly but I just felt the measurements were closer to the 46 on the size chart provided for this project and ran with that.

2. Mantis' comments about a 48 being too baggy on him (i'm fairly skinny so am nowhere near as built as he appears to be). I also have the Sunspel polo in medium which i bought late last year, and it's fairly loose fitting on me (except maybe the shoulders) so i felt a 48 was def going to be a poor fit for me.

Now my feedback on the 46, which i considered a sizing down based on my g4:

Shoulders and Chest: Zipped up, the first time i tried on the jacket i felt the back of the shoulders were noticeably tighter than my baracuta, yet chest area felt similar to my g4. I actually almost panicked the shoulders were too tight, but over time it seems to have loosened up.

Sleeves: like alot of members jackets, the sleeves seem unusually long and reach down to my index knuckle even though i sized down. Doing the 2nd button helps but my skinny wrists are too thin to hold them up to my ideal positions of just below the wrist. Also doing this just bunches up the sleeves which to me isn't ideal. I do not have this issue on my G4 (sleeves end just below my wrists).

Waist: like James Brosnan and a few others, the waist seems pretty tight zipped up. I can only just manage to do up the 2nd buttons but then i can hardly move, and would probably snap the buttons right off if i pushed it. The hem is just below my belt area, but if i raise my arms straight up jacket rides up quite a bit.

Overall i think i made the right decision given i am partial to form fitting jackets, but feel i was cutting it close on the waist and being able to zip up the jacket.

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but my jacket is with the TF tailors atm (shortening the sleeves by a full inch). Can look to post some pics after alterations are done at the end of next month should anyone still be interested, but thought i'd share my thoughts now in case it helped those looking to source one from those looking to part with theirs anytime in the future. At least everyone here now knows there's another 46 owner out there ajb007/cool .

To cap off this rather long post - thanks to Simon and everyone involved who made this even happen, and to those who took the time to post which helped a lot on my sizing decision. I jumped in super late into the 2nd run (early october), but thanks to everyone's efforts I made it just in time and now own one of the most iconic Bond jackets ever ajb007/bond !

I was lucky enough to get in at the very beginning of October and i am glad i did! I was going to have the chest in my jacket taken in, sleeves brought up and have the cuffs adjusted by half an inch but i am going to wait till the spring to see if i can live with the fit. Can't wait to see how your alterations look!

Thanks for the input guys this is really great info to have, truly appreciated.  ajb007/martini and yes I'd love to see some more pre and post tailored results. This was such an exciting project to read through.

Last edited by HarveyMushman (29th Jan 2018 03:06)

If I were to find one for sale from you good folks what’s the expected price?

Hi
I have a size 50 Harrington from the run, I would sell for the retails price based in the Uk. Ordered a 48 too and keeping that.
Ross

Underarm to underarm measures 22.75 inches but curves in very quickly.
Waist side to side measures 21 inches

Looking to get back £1840 for it

Last edited by jared_nomak (7th Apr 2018 08:55)

If anyone ever decides to cut loose a 48, please PM me.  Thanks in advance.

Cajun wrote:

If anyone ever decides to cut loose a 48, please PM me.  Thanks in advance.

This will definitely be of Interest to you!

https://ajb007.co.uk/post/917056/#p917056

LONG time in coming but here is the quick review of the final jacket:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClMNwgqwoI0&t=25s

https://s9.postimg.cc/nlonw52or/harrington_vlog_TBE.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/dodn36i97/tf_harrington_1.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/tzdqzi2gr/tf_harrington_2.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/4tcssnlqz/tf_harrington_3.jpg

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

Great video David. The fit of the 46 is more you.  ajb007/martini

Nice almost mention of the TF polo project.

Were you part of the small reorder group or was there somehow a 46 available?

Nice gingham shirt during the unboxing portion of the video. I've been looking for a good gingham shirt. What brand was it?

Last edited by Westward_Drift (8th Apr 2018 20:24)

Size 50

https://s9.postimg.cc/4psmmym63/8_C49_E74_F-830_C-4200-9_FE8-_C9_DECE94_A6_E6.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/s40lyxttn/BD13404_B-_FF84-4761-985_A-_FCF3_E0_DB832_A.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/tvtktukwb/C2_C69349-2584-487_E-_AB33-_DDB43_F102_C8_D.jpg

Size 48 below
https://s9.postimg.cc/j8zroi523/3698326_A-466_F-4314-_B340-71_A5_E091_E6_CD.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/7wn66qjij/750_C1619-2_E00-4009-_BEAC-_C85147_BEE7_D0.jpg

https://s9.postimg.cc/52k0tawrv/E6_C04062-58_DF-4_FB0-964_F-9_F69_DB2_D6_EDF.jpg

There was a 46 that was unclaimed...I lucked out....the shirt I am wearing is from Mettler's...a USA made brand.

Westward_Drift wrote:

Great video David. The fit of the 46 is more you.  ajb007/martini

Nice almost mention of the TF polo project.

Were you part of the small reorder group or was there somehow a 46 available?

Nice gingham shirt during the unboxing portion of the video. I've been looking for a good gingham shirt. What brand was it?

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...

That's what confused me, David. We all paid ahead of time so someone either was given a refund after production started or someone size 46 cancelled but the jacket was still made. In any event, since you didn't join the reorder you were indeed fortunate.

Ross, the 48 does work better for you. Thanks for the comparison pics.  ajb007/martini

If anyone is interested pm me as I will likely have a brand new size 52 for sale and will be open to offers...
Buttons on cuff moved (by TF London) to hold the sleeves better at the wrist (about 1.5 cm in),  I have a 7 inch wrist and worn with a 45mm planet ocean.
As this thread covers very well, ideal for a loose fit on a 42 chest and a fitted fit for a 44 chest...
For the record I am not looking for a profit, so sensible offers considered...
Chance to grab one of the rarest / most iconic Bond / Craig items under the original project price...

Pictures on request.
Jacket runs true to TF sizing chart found in this thread, bar about 1/2 an inch less in the chest and the waist

Last edited by 007JBDCMWR (11th Apr 2018 18:55)

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

I figured this would be easier than searching the thread for the sizing chart!

https://s14.postimg.cc/z06rugpst/Screenshot_20171005-204210.png

I'm not intending to resurrect this thread, but I wasn't sure where else in the forum to share my thoughts, so commenting hoping to get advice from people who went to TF to tailer their harringtons.

I got Harrington from the 2nd run, a size 52 based on the recommendations of many. My chest size is 41-42" so I thought size 52 would give me the normal look with Feliex at the bar. However after getting Quantum Royale Harrington size Large I realized the fit is much better and I kinda regret not sizing down and maybe getting 50

I went to TF boutique in Chicago (about 6 weeks ago) to check what options I have for tailoring as I need the sleeves to be adjusted anyway, but the people who work there were not welcoming at all. They first said that we are not charge for any online orders, so I tried to clarify that this is not an online order from 3rd parties but from TF Milan, showed them all the papers and receipt, and later the manager came and told she'll look into it. After checking the product # she mentioned she wasn't able to pull any information and told me to come later in mid week as weekends are reserved for clients who buy from the store! Although I have called them 3 days before asking if I can come in for tailoring and the store was empty at the time of my visit.

I was very shocked honestly as the three people there were not helpful at all, I have been to other boutiques in the city but nothing compared to this one. So I'm asking if someone can point me to what I missed in communicating with them or if I'm better off in looking for size 50 and maybe later sell the one I have.

I also have a trip to NYC would it be a good idea to check with NYC store if they are more familiar with Harrington project and all?

Thanks and sorry for the long post

fleiter wrote:

I'm not intending to resurrect this thread, but I wasn't sure where else in the forum to share my thoughts, so commenting hoping to get advice from people who went to TF to tailer their harringtons.

I got Harrington from the 2nd run, a size 52 based on the recommendations of many. My chest size is 41-42" so I thought size 52 would give me the normal look with Feliex at the bar. However after getting Quantum Royale Harrington size Large I realized the fit is much better and I kinda regret not sizing down and maybe getting 50

I went to TF boutique in Chicago (about 6 weeks ago) to check what options I have for tailoring as I need the sleeves to be adjusted anyway, but the people who work there were not welcoming at all. They first said that we are not charge for any online orders, so I tried to clarify that this is not an online order from 3rd parties but from TF Milan, showed them all the papers and receipt, and later the manager came and told she'll look into it. After checking the product # she mentioned she wasn't able to pull any information and told me to come later in mid week as weekends are reserved for clients who buy from the store! Although I have called them 3 days before asking if I can come in for tailoring and the store was empty at the time of my visit.

I was very shocked honestly as the three people there were not helpful at all, I have been to other boutiques in the city but nothing compared to this one. So I'm asking if someone can point me to what I missed in communicating with them or if I'm better off in looking for size 50 and maybe later sell the one I have.

I also have a trip to NYC would it be a good idea to check with NYC store if they are more familiar with Harrington project and all?

Honestly, it sounds like this particular boutique is run quite poorly and short-sighted. Is it about a single product revenue for making a sale in a boutique or generating a client relationship. I’d make a point of writing a complaint to the Tom Ford website to let them know what happened and that you’re unsatisfied with the services, given your special order. I had a case with a TF collar bar dress shirt where I lost the bar. I went to one boutique that told me to buy a new shirt. I went to another and the manager took the product code and special ordered the bar for me in Dubai, during a trip. As long as the shoulders are fine on your jacket, I personally can’t see there being an issue with them taking the body and sleeves in for you.

If you do go to the NYC store speak to Crystal...she is very aware and supportive of the Bond community and this project.  As far as your treatment, I agree with the above...definitely say something about it.

fleiter wrote:

Fleiter you have nothing to be sorry about especially when you received such poor service!

In regards to sizing i understand your concerns as i was stuck choosing between 2 sizes and i went with a 54 because of the shoulder and waist measurement. I figured if those fit everything could be tailored down if need be. At this time i have not had any alterations done to my jacket and i do remember that sleeve alterations are supposed to be free but any other alterations needed you will be charged for  ajb007/crap

I agree with Rixon and The Mantis that you should definitely lodge a complaint as the treatment is unacceptable even more so when you called ahead and the store was dead! If you are going to make a stop at the NYC location maybe call ahead and speak to Crystal and arrange a time to meet with her and that you want to deal with her exclusively! If you decide to just go with a 50 you could reach out to Jared_Nomak as i remember he was selling on eBay a few months ago but i don't know if he still has it?

MikeG77 wrote:
fleiter wrote:

Fleiter you have nothing to be sorry about especially when you received such poor service!

In regards to sizing i understand your concerns as i was stuck choosing between 2 sizes and i went with a 54 because of the shoulder and waist measurement. I figured if those fit everything could be tailored down if need be. At this time i have not had any alterations done to my jacket and i do remember that sleeve alterations are supposed to be free but any other alterations needed you will be charged for  ajb007/crap

I agree with Rixon and The Mantis that you should definitely lodge a complaint as the treatment is unacceptable even more so when you called ahead and the store was dead! If you are going to make a stop at the NYC location maybe call ahead and speak to Crystal and arrange a time to meet with her and that you want to deal with her exclusively! If you decide to just go with a 50 you could reach out to Jared_Nomak as i remember he was selling on eBay a few months ago but i don't know if he still has it?

Hi

I still have my 50 but decided not to sell it and keeping both sizes, I have been trying to bulk up a little for a film and think the 48 will be to tight then, the sizing has been a bit of an issue but I would not be impressed with that behaviour from Tom Ford Stores

Ross