Re: Bond girls / artists for theme song

Dirty Punker wrote:

The Madonna-Die Another Day fiasco was a huge missed opportunity in my opinion. Strange as it may see, whoever visits always points to my displayed Vanquish model car saying that they remember DAD because of the Madonna song.

But do they remember the song for good or bad reasons?  ajb007/biggrin

In the context of the opening titles - and what goes on therein - I think it works...otherwise it's bloody rubbish  ajb007/lol

YNWA: Justice For The 96

A spectre of my mortal soul

Sir Miles wrote:

In the context of the opening titles - and what goes on therein - I think it works...

Meaning it causes the viewer the same pain Bond experiences when he's being tortured?  ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol
Also, yes.

"...I have the oddest feeling we will be meeting again sometime..."
-Roger Moore's James Bond. RIP.
I have a YouTube channel on all things Bond (amongst other things, coming soon™).
The name's Bond and Beyond. It's currently on hold, though.

I say, DAD only broadened the path downhill to AWTD  ajb007/tongue

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

canoe2 wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:

In the context of the opening titles - and what goes on therein - I think it works...

Meaning it causes the viewer the same pain Bond experiences when he's being tortured?  ajb007/biggrin

ajb007/lol

Higgins wrote:

I say, DAD only broadened the path downhill to AWTD  ajb007/tongue

Do you have misty earsajb007/amazed  ajb007/tongue

Last time that I've checked - no  ajb007/tongue

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Just saw American assassin : fantastic best film I've seen for ages. Shiva Negar my pick for next Bond girl
https://s26.postimg.cc/gcew1z6v9/IMG_1930.png

Anthony

Number24 wrote:

I would much prefer unknown talent, or at least someone who is new to the British and American audience.

I agree and I would love it to be me, newie, sultry exotic looking Brit, with assault course and acting experience, gritty not just pretty! Licensed to thrill, lol. ajb007/lol  ajb007/smile  ajb007/martini

It would be a dream of a role.

Last edited by sunflower888 (12th Nov 2017 15:57)

100% Laura Mvula should cover the Bond 25 theme song, infact i’d be surprised if she is not announced for it. She openly admits to wanting to do it and has a voice similar to dear Shirley. She also has the edge of Grace Kelly.

Bond girl suggestion would be Jodie Turner-Smith

For Bond girl how about Jameela Jamil (can't get photo link to work sorry) She is gorgeous with a lovely cut glass RP accent.) At 5ft 9 barefoot Daniel would need stilts. Maybe for the next actor. Check her out in the wonderful The Good Place with Ted Danson.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Latest rumour
https://s17.postimg.cc/cwk1k5o0r/IMG_2383.png

Anthony

007Downunder wrote:

Latest rumour

I like to think there'd be a better chance of People voting Donald Trump Jr sexiest man alive this year than Ratajkowski actually being the next Bond girl... Seydoux was probably about as young as should be gone with Craig.

JTM wrote:
007Downunder wrote:

Latest rumour

I like to think there'd be a better chance of People voting Donald Trump Jr sexiest man alive this year than Ratajkowski actually being the next Bond girl... Seydoux was probably about as young as should be gone with Craig.

Mmm just checked she's 26

Anthony

HarveyMushman wrote:

100% Laura Mvula should cover the Bond 25 theme song, infact i’d be surprised if she is not announced for it. She openly admits to wanting to do it and has a voice similar to dear Shirley. She also has the edge of Grace Kelly.

Bond girl suggestion would be Jodie Turner-Smith

She has come up before, and would be great. Not sure of her US/global profile but she would be an inspired choice. For that reason alone it probably won't happen. Some dire AOR/Middle of the road pap. is more likely. Would love to be wrong though.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

JTM wrote:
007Downunder wrote:

Latest rumour

It's going to be tricky to find someone who fits the mould of the traditional Bond girl but also looks age-appropriate for Craig. Even Craig's own wife could pass as his daughter. I think we may end up with another A View to a Kill situation.

Matt S wrote:

Even Craig's own wife could pass as his daughter. I think we may end up with another A View to a Kill situation.

Cheap shot ajb007/lol He could pass for her uncle. ajb007/insane  Seriously though, as much as I believe Craig will get himself into good Bond shape in the next eight months, EON really needs to do a better job of casting the female leads with age appropriateness in mind.

With Eva Green and Berenice Marlohe and Lea Seydoux the Craig era films have tended to like French girls, Olga Kurylenko in Quantum being the exception. The Bond movies have had European women more often than not with some Americans. Using the handy IMDB advanced search engine and looking for women 35-45, so they're not young enough to be DC's daughter, there's a few candidates. I think they need to have demonstrated an ability to act, I think the DC movies show that, and they have to be gorgeous. I don't think Emily Ratajkowski or Margot Robbie are going to be Bond girls anytime soon for other reasons. Anyway, here is my list of possible near-future Bond women, in no particular order; (sorry no pics - feel free to add in replies)

1. Alyssa Sutherland
2. Gemma Chan
3. Hayley Atwell
4. Alice Eve
5. Sylvia Hoeks
6. Lina Perned
7. Linda Hardy
8. Freema Agyeman
9. Maggie Grace
10. Elisabetta Canalis

Someone wrote:

Olga Kurylenko

I would not mind if somehow Bond re-encountered Olga Kurylenko's Camille in the next film. I found her much more attractive than Lea Seydoux, and it might be interesting to see these two characters find each other when they've both found peace in their lives...

Someone wrote:

Freema Agyeman

...had to be Doctor Who's most boring companion, Was she better in other roles?

Someone wrote:

Hayley Atwell

...I remember as being good in Captain America, as a secret agent to boot, so that's looking good on the resume!

why not Cate Blanchett? maybe a year or two above the suggested age range, but she still looked magnificent in the last Thor movie, and she can really chew up the scenery.

The next main Bond girl should definitely be over the age of 40. On the surface, it would help the Bond films to appear more progressive and deflect some bad press from certain corners of the media (and since they also cast an older woman in Spectre, it’s not just a one-off). But most importantly, it would prevent the absolutely cringeworthy AVTAK-like scenario of an obviously aging Bond trying to bag a twenty-something woman. There are plenty of beautiful, accomplished leading ladies to choose from.

An actresses in her 30's would work fine too, depending on her looks. Felicity Jones is in her 30's, but looks younger. But many women in their thirties are in relationships with men around 50, it's no scandal to reflect that. An actress in her 20's would be tone-deaf in the current envirorment.
I do agree that many actresses in their 40's are both beautiful and talented.

To add some photos, for necessary consideration, of course... Alyssa Sutherland

https://s10.postimg.cc/4z21esr2d/Alyssa-_Sutherland-_Feet-944280.jpg

All in the interests of candidate evaluation.... Elisabetta Canalis

https://s10.postimg.cc/8inz4uef9/elisabetta-canalis.jpg

Chriscoop wrote:

Kate Beckinsale is stunning
https://s1.postimg.cc/6ir0ej5p7/20170801_125957.jpg
She's now 44 and puts some 25 year olds in the shade,  I wouldn't be unhappy if she was cast.

Yes, perfect woman Kate should have been on my list. So, here's another image to aid good decision making...

https://s10.postimg.cc/ttlj94jp1/Kate-_Beckinsale-wore-bikini-set-_Diet-_Coke-ad-shoot.jpg