26

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

I have decided to expose myself, ............ To public scrutiny, by  publicly displaying my large....
Talent.
If anyone is reading this, quickly look round your home for an old watch, which hasn't worked in years.
Now hold it tightly in your hands, whilst thinking of  how lovely I am .......
Keep thinking and holding on to your watch ......
..... That's it feel me penetrating your Aura ! ..... Keep thinking good thoughts about that watch.
( After five minutes or so ....... )
Amazingly now that watch should be working, ...... No I'm not a God, just a very humble, incredibly
Handsome  purveyor of mystery....
...
....
... If your watch didn't start, it's obviously your fault as you didn't try hard enough, .... Or it's a
Digital one.  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

27

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

They say it's the effect of the heat of your hands on an old battery.  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

28

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Don't give away my secret powers ! SM, I need people to think of me as a man of mystery.  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

29

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Thunderpussy wrote:

Don't give away my secret powers ! SM, I need people to think of me as a man of mystery.  ajb007/wink

Ooops, old chap. Sorry about that. I just hope that they don't ban me from the Magic Circle!  ajb007/biggrin

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

30

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

This seems the best place to put this:

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/news/6134/0/ … es-aged-91

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

31

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Well we all have our demons.  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

32

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Sir Miles wrote:

There must be thousands of people all out searching for proof of ghosts...with their cameras and infrared meters and suchlike...but not one of them has EVER filmed a ghost - strange that  ajb007/shifty

Probably the same people who believe in the Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot. ajb007/lol

33

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Oh no the Loch Ness Big foot  is real !   ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

34

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Thunderpussy wrote:

Oh no the Loch Ness Big foot  is real !   ajb007/wink

Sorry, my mistake.  Of course you are quite correct. ajb007/lol

35

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

I am not a religious man. I don't believe in an afterlife.

I have seen an apparition, twice. I think that under certain conditions we are capable of "seeing" the past for a few seconds - a kind of time warp where the past catches up with the present.

I have seen a UFO - something I cannot explain. There were three witnesses to the event. My opinion is that we are not alone in the universe. Most sightings can be explained. There are others that cannot. There is no reason that advanced civilisations have not solved the problem of travelling vast distances very quickly.

Visiting Loch Ness is on my bucket list. I may find the monster  ajb007/biggrin . I have actually been to Loch Ness but never saw it (I will tell that tale in my upcoming "Rise and Fall of the Second Hand Bookshop" which I will begin on my return from my forthcoming vacation).

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

36

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

The Loch Ness Big foot, I could see a series of children's books with him in them.  ajb007/smile

I'm curious as to why people label something odd that they've seen, as being of a "paranormal"
Explanation ? Depending on if they're religious, superstitious, a believer in UFOs  etc.  So given
What their interest is, the odd shape, blur, or curious feeling is described as. A ghost, an angel,
An alien ?
As my thinking in all things unknown is, if 95% of what we see can be explained by mundane,
Everyday  explanations then  logically the unknown 5% is more than likely to have a similar
Mundane, everyday explanation. At this moment we may not know what the explanation is, but
It is more than likely to have a very boring unexciting answer.
  An example from me would be is if I carried out a check of 95% of cars in my area and discovered
That 95% of all the cars I could see ran on petrol or diesel ( with a few hybrids, for the green lobby )
So given that Infomation, I could assume the 5% I couldn't check would also run on petrol or diesel.
I wouldn't immediately think it must mean the 5% must run on Unicorn horn clippings or the sweat from
Angel's armpits.
  Basically I wonder why some people given an odd event, look for a scientific, everyday answer, while some
Immediately look to "paranormal" reasons for the event ?
I know for many as the OP states, it's a belief. Perhaps even passed down from past generations
mixed with a need to think that there's more to existence, than working 9 to 5 , having kids then death.
Although I find enough wonder and mystery in the regular world we live in, from watching your baby grow
and learn to discovering an old friend has discovered she can wiggle her ears !

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

37

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

What??? Wiggle her ears? She must be an alien.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

38

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

you may recall that my dad died this year ,well the night after he died I was still at my mums ,and it was time to go to bed ,so off went my mum to her room ,and I went to the spare room,My mum has a big dog (he is big ) and off he went to sleep with my mum in her room .Well I shut the door got into bed ,lights out ect ect .After about a minute I thought to myself "oh bloody hell Mickey (he is the dog)  got off the bed and go back  to mum , I could feel this huge weight on the foot of my bed ,so natuarully I assumed it was the dog ,and he decided to kip with me , so I rolled over turned on the light expecting to see this slobbering mutt looking sheepish at me ,but no ,there was nothing there ,my door was still shut ,as was my mums ,and Mickey was soundo in his basket .
I can only think it was my dad saying goodbye  ajb007/rolleyes

By the way, did I tell you,  I was       "Mad"?

39

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

always shaken wrote:

you may recall that my dad died this year ,well the night after he died I was still at my mums ,and it was time to go to bed ,so off went my mum to her room ,and I went to the spare room,My mum has a big dog (he is big ) and off he went to sleep with my mum in her room .Well I shut the door got into bed ,lights out ect ect .After about a minute I thought to myself "oh bloody hell Mickey (he is the dog)  got off the bed and go back  to mum , I could feel this huge weight on the foot of my bed ,so natuarully I assumed it was the dog ,and he decided to kip with me , so I rolled over turned on the light expecting to see this slobbering mutt looking sheepish at me ,but no ,there was nothing there ,my door was still shut ,as was my mums ,and Mickey was soundo in his basket .
I can only think it was my dad saying goodbye  ajb007/rolleyes

It's a reassuring thought AS,  echoes my own experience with my grandpa.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

40

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Exhibit B: The Ghost Monk of Newby Church, Church of Christ the Consoler, Skelton-cum-Newby, North Yorkshire, 1963. Another compelling one taken by a church minister:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/260530/slide_260530_1707261_free.jpg

More details here:

http://www.theparanormalguide.com/blog/ … wby-church

Last edited by Silhouette Man (8th Oct 2016 15:24)

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

41

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

To meet you halfway SM, I do believe in photography.  ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

42

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

I know you do and you are a great practitioner of the art of photography too.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

43

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

ajb007/lol  It won't work, trying to soften me up  ajb007/wink

Just thinking, if you believe in ghosts, would that be proof against reincarnation ?

Last edited by Thunderpussy (8th Oct 2016 19:02)

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

44

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Silhouette Man wrote:

Exhibit B: The Ghost Monk of Newby Church, Church of Christ the Consoler, Skelton-cum-Newby, North Yorkshire, 1963. Another compelling one taken by a church minister:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/260530/slide_260530_1707261_free.jpg

More details here:

http://www.theparanormalguide.com/blog/ … wby-church

This is near ripon in North Yorkshire, I've spent time in that area,
There is a copy of that picture (or was) in a local pub called. The crown. The church was built as a memorial to a man who was murdered overseas by his mother. The photo of the masked Monk was taken by a minister who was locally renowned for liking a tipple or ten,  the interesting thing is that the mask is thought to be a plague or leprosy mask, but no plague or leprosy was ever associated with that church,  but there was a lepers church in ripon itself that the minister often visited. But obviously in 1963 such things were history. Coincidentally the lepers church is now a domestic house and l did work towards its conversion and conservation.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

45

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

http://www.viralnova.com/fake-ghosts/
Just as a counter,   ajb007/wink  argument ?

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

46

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes double exposure is my expert opinion  ajb007/biggrin  (I only learnt a couple of months ago I could crop a photo!)

It was either that.....or the priesthood

47

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

ajb007/lol  God bless, Photoshop and Light room  ajb007/martini
I remember putting a few Ghost's into some Halloween photos of the kids. When they
We're in the back garden playing with their sparklers.
Also "Double exposing" the film was how they did many of the space special effects in
Moonraker.

Last edited by Thunderpussy (8th Oct 2016 20:29)

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

48

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Chriscoop wrote:
Silhouette Man wrote:

Exhibit B: The Ghost Monk of Newby Church, Church of Christ the Consoler, Skelton-cum-Newby, North Yorkshire, 1963. Another compelling one taken by a church minister:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/260530/slide_260530_1707261_free.jpg

More details here:

http://www.theparanormalguide.com/blog/ … wby-church

This is near ripon in North Yorkshire, I've spent time in that area,
There is a copy of that picture (or was) in a local pub called. The crown. The church was built as a memorial to a man who was murdered overseas by his mother. The photo of the masked Monk was taken by a minister who was locally renowned for liking a tipple or ten,  the interesting thing is that the mask is thought to be a plague or leprosy mask, but no plague or leprosy was ever associated with that church,  but there was a lepers church in ripon itself that the minister often visited. But obviously in 1963 such things were history. Coincidentally the lepers church is now a domestic house and l did work towards its conversion and conservation.

Fake I'm afraid.

Do I believe it ghosts? Not sure what you'd call a ghost. I've experienced some weird crap I can't explain, but my mind remains open. I'd like to think there's more to life and death than simply being born, working and pegging it.

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

49

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

Thunderpussy wrote:

ajb007/lol would that be proof against reincarnation ?

I believed in reincarnation in my last life but not now strangely enough  ajb007/biggrin

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

50

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

ajb007/lol
I used to be a skeptic myself, untill witnessing a stunningly beautiful ghost....
........ Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer (#)   ajb007/wink
Trivia fact #63,. " Half of everyone who has ever lived, is alive today "

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”